SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Collecting Items

Topic: Need your opinion…

This topic contains 31 replies, has 3,000 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of blueczarina blueczarina 9 years, 6 months ago.

On blueczarina wrote:

I just received this CD (bought it for 0.99 US$ :wink: ), and I wonder if we should upload it in the Collection.

It’s a promo cd that was given to the (few) people that attended the short Arising! tour of the Smashing Pumpkins in April 1999. Queens Of The Stone Age was the opening band on each of the 9 gigs.

Upload or not?

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of blueczarina
On blueczarina wrote:

If its Pumpkin stuff upload. :wink:

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

If its Pumpkin stuff upload. :wink:[/quote:pwmfraqp]
I agree, but it’s Queens Of The Stone Age stuff… Only mentioning the Smashing Pumpkins tour :?

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of bullettwoutbutterflywings
On bullettwoutbutterflywings wrote:

maybe in miscellanous.

"shiny, let's be bad guys"--jayne cobb-the hero of canton
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Mwoah, IF it’s being uploaded it should be in CDs (Official). We have this field Band/Artist since a little while to separate it.

ok, if you think it is apropriate, it does say smashing pumpkins on it, so i think it would fit.

On blueczarina wrote:

I don’t know. It mentions the SP, but it looks like more of a Queens of the Stone Age item. I guess do what you think is best. :wink:

Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

I think you shouldn’t upload it. It’s too unrelated. And it’s QOTSA music, not Pumpkins, so it definitely doesn’t fit in the CDs (Official) category, in my opinion.

Think about this: a cd of another band, with a sticker that says something like \"pure Smashing Pumpkins rock! 4/5\". See, it’s a little less related even, but I’m sure everyone agrees this doesn’t belong on spfreaks.com.

Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

I agree. I don’t think it should be uploaded. It only has Smashing Pumpkins listed on the CD, but not tracks. Not really relavent, however a cool item, as I absolutely LOVE QOTSA.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

OK, I understand, but not fully agree (yet). Playing the devil’s advocate now. There’s quite a bit more relevance then only the sticker with the name Smashing Pumpkins on it. It was a promo gift at the QOTSA/SP gigs in April 1999, handed out to ALL the attendees.

For example, there is a Rolling Stones shirt in the clothing section with the Smashing Pumpkins name on it, being the opening act of those classic rockers. All attendees could buy it as official merchandise. Not relevant also? :roll:

i thought it might be relevent, but aparently that is not the popular idea. so i will not weigh in on this again. so whatever you decide arthur is fine with me.

OK, I understand, but not fully agree (yet). Playing the devil’s advocate now. There’s quite a bit more relevance then only the sticker with the name Smashing Pumpkins on it. It was a promo gift at the QOTSA/SP gigs in April 1999, handed out to ALL the attendees.[/quote:39371l36]
i got an inflatable coca cola guitar at one of the festivals i saw the smashing pumpkins at.

:D

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

i got an inflatable coca cola guitar at one of the festivals i saw the smashing pumpkins at.

:D[/quote:syqzafqz]
Convinced for now. Call me a freak. :wink:

freak!

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

HAHAHAHAHA! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:wink: 8)

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

Now that I can see the inflatable CocaCola guitar, I think it needs it’s own category. Now I want one.

in my time of dying

$500. does not include me.

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

ah damn, that’s hardly worth it!

in my time of dying

ok then, $1000, and it includes me for half an hour. any takers?

:)

aw, forget it. i want to keep this guitar.

On blueczarina wrote:

you better keep yourself too. :wink: :lol:

it’s easy money.

i think i better talk about it with my girlfriend first though…

On blueczarina wrote:

yeah, you probably better :lol:

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

When I show my girlfriend such crazy pics she threatens to leave me…

Ah well, luckily she never did. :wink:

girls like rock stars.

On blueczarina wrote:

But they don’t like it when their boyfriends like rockstars more than their own girlfriends.
(like when they are sitting around drooling over Lisa pics :wink: )

i don’t do that.

On blueczarina wrote:

as far as I know :wink:
Arthur we do know does this :lol:

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

The funny thing about girls is, they can drool over jewelry, shoes and sexy actors and the boyfriends should not even dare to say something. \"Weeeh, you don’t understand me!\"

But when boys drool over motorbikes, rockmusic and Lisa or Ginger, then… oh boy! Beware!

I once supported the theory that most wars on earth didn’t start because of religion, but because of girls. I very much feel like putting that theory to the test again. :P

On blueczarina wrote:

:lol:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In