SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: General

Topic: new single has a name!

This topic contains 20 replies, has 1,845 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of blueczarina blueczarina 9 years ago.

On blueczarina wrote:

this from sp.com

July 15, 2008 – Pumpkins back in the studio

The Smashing Pumpkins currently recording new single.

The Smashing Pumpkins are back in the studio recording a new single (reported earlier) that will be available this September.

The new single will be titled G.L.O.W. and is the first studio effort from the band since the American Gothic sessions.

The has been no word on the style or arrangement of the song at this time.

"shiny, let's be bad guys"--jayne cobb-the hero of canton
Profile photo of amnesia
On amnesia wrote:

Weeeeee.Im so much looking forward to hear it… 8)

In loving memory of Bimbolin.
Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

Wonder if single implies B-sides.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of blueczarina
On blueczarina wrote:

i hope there are b-sides. 8)

i can’t wait for this to come out. :D

Profile photo of anonymous
On Anonymous wrote:

A little Dickie Bird, who may well be -very- wrong, believes this Single actually has three tracks. Each from their as yet unannounced next album (Zeitgeist II with stripes?). :)

I’m hoping the band take a small break after this release, they need one since returning last year, imho.

Another thought is; it brings into line some of the story between Gish and Machina’s release, how they were linked.

This is probably one of my favourite SP traits, Fans/Followers will only ever know small snippets of what’s going on.

Suck up the mystery, I say. \\m/

Profile photo of Marcella
On Marcella wrote:

G.L.O.W., sounds…shiny. I cannot wait z_z.

Fevrale dostat chernil i plakatPisat O Fevrale navsnrydPoka grohochushaya slyakotVesnoyu charnoyu gorit
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

G.L.O.W., sounds…shiny. I cannot wait z_z.[/quote:91286prb]
G.L.O.W., sounds… aggressive. God Leaves Our World.

Well, not being completely serious of course, but there might be some truth in it also. In that German broadcast with Uli, Billy said somewhere that he is torn between a new rock album that will amaze the world (my translation) or an acoustic album as a contrary to that. I’m very curious what it will be too. I’m hoping for a rock track a bit more, as I love to hear Billy split his guitar in two, but an acoustic track will be welcomed warmly also! :D

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
On blueczarina wrote:

yeah, i wonder if it will be a rock or acoustic thing too. i would like a bit of both, but with a single you can’t really expect that necessarily.

On Anonymous wrote:

I just have a good feeling about this single :)
I can’t wait to hear it…shoot I can’t wait to buy my tickets Friday morning to the show!!:D

Profile photo of Im a Cult Hero
On Im a Cult Hero wrote:

Something about the song title suggests to me a more spacey guitar track or acoustic rather than rock, but then I’ve been known to be wrong :P
I’m excited to hear anything they release, I just hope that
A : there is a physical release
and
B : It has b-sides that don’t turn out to be on the next album.

Anyone come up for any funny meanings for the acronym yet? :P

Profile photo of bullettwoutbutterflywings
On bullettwoutbutterflywings wrote:

well a cuple people over at thepumpkins.net thought it might be

the gorgeous ladies of wrestling

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Anyone come up for any funny meanings for the acronym yet? :P[/quote:tqxiufol]

G.L.O.W., sounds… aggressive. God Leaves Our World.[/quote:tqxiufol]

Something like this maybe? :wink:

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
On Anonymous wrote:

I think someone said that at pumpkinsnet, makes you wonder though that’s for sure!
I like what that stands for as a song if that is right Arthur :wink:

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

I think someone said that at pumpkinsnet, makes you wonder though that’s for sure!
I like what that stands for as a song if that is right Arthur :wink:[/quote:2e88sy3a]
For the first time since long I checked ThePumpkins.net, and found member pierowmaniac mentioning "God Loves Our World". I think it’s the opposite, Billy has lost faith in religion, and is aggressively frustrated about the mistake he made about being religious. He woke up, and wrote a song about that.

God Leaves Our World, that’s my guess.

Profile photo of Marcella
On Marcella wrote:

He has lost faith in religion? I do think \"God Leaves Our World\" is much more Pumpkin-like, and I really hope it isn’t the opposite :?.

Fevrale dostat chernil i plakatPisat O Fevrale navsnrydPoka grohochushaya slyakotVesnoyu charnoyu gorit
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

If you spell G.L.O.W. backwards, it’s W.O.L.G. So my guess it that they collaborated with Mark Walberg, formery of the Funky Bunch. Maybe he just produced the track? My guess is that Billy will be shirtless in the video and dancing.

The song will be catchy as shit.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of bullettwoutbutterflywings
On bullettwoutbutterflywings wrote:

you think mark walberg will be shirtless too? cause if so, i am so there. even if it just mark walberg, he is hotttttttt. hott.

On blueczarina wrote:

well since Billy is all political now, maybe it means God, Let Obama Win.

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

well since Billy is all political now, maybe it means God, Let Obama Win.[/quote:2kaghsou]

props. 8)

in my time of dying
Profile photo of some pumpkins
Participant
On some pumpkins wrote:

If you spell G.L.O.W. backwards, it’s W.O.L.G. So my guess it that they collaborated with Mark Walberg, formery of the Funky Bunch. Maybe he just produced the track? My guess is that Billy will be shirtless in the video and dancing.

The song will be catchy as shit.[/quote:2iytel9l]

i think your onto something

what's wrong with you is good for what's wrong with me
On blueczarina wrote:

thanks manilla 8)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In