SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Collecting Items

Topic: New Tristessa 7\" Color Discovered

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2,063 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of jawn till dusk jawn till dusk 9 years, 1 month ago.

On jawn till dusk wrote:

So far there are obviously the

1) (PINK)
2) (BLACK)
3) (GRAY) and the elusive
4) (RED) test pressing.

I just bought a (DARK PURPLE) version online. I was wondering if any other collectors out there have this color. For comparisons sake, the seller actually had a pink copy and took a photo of the two next to each other, and there is a distinct, prominent color difference.

Hopefully this would make 5 different colors of this pressing. It’s not even like an in-betweeen dark pink. It’s DARK PURPLE. However, some more of these must exist, just curious if anyone has one.

Thanks!

in my time of dying
Profile photo of jgfox
Participant
On jgfox wrote:

I really would love to see those pictures…

--'to Rock!! for you'(Cherub Rock/Siamese Dream '93),Jeroen
Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

How do you insert images in this forum? I have the pictures downloaded on my computer, but have no idea how to post them in here.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

you have to upload your picture somewhere. i believe there are many free services for this, in case you don’t have your own webspace.

to show the picture in your post you have to put the url of your uploaded picture between IMG tags.

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

Thank you Cool. Does anyone want to host the pics for me?

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Thank you Cool. Does anyone want to host the pics for me?[/quote:2k70wbtt]
Yup. Send to us manillascissor, we can host it.

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of Superlordspamulon
On Superlordspamulon wrote:

Thank you Cool. Does anyone want to host the pics for me?[/quote:zv1cw2nc]

go to photobucket.com it is fantastically good. i use it a lot :)
you have to register, but it’s free and gives you a lot of bandwidth for pics, as well as vids and other stuff.

note – never, ever, EVER use imageshack. ever. that applies to everyone. you get ‘gold frogged’ all the bloody time… it sucks. use photobucket :)

So apparently I don't post very often these days
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:
Thank you Cool. Does anyone want to host the pics for me?[/quote:1jnedzz1]
Yup. Send to us manillascissor, we can host it.[/quote:1jnedzz1]

Photos on the way then. Thanks!

in my time of dying
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

go to photobucket.com it is fantastically good. i use it a lot :)
you have to register, but it’s free and gives you a lot of bandwidth for pics, as well as vids and other stuff.

note – never, ever, EVER use imageshack. ever. that applies to everyone. you get ‘gold frogged’ all the bloody time… it sucks. use photobucket :)[/quote:2uxh3dk4]

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll try this next time. For right now, just wanted to send these comparison pics.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of SPfreaks
On SPfreaks wrote:

Pics send in by manillascissor.

The SPfreaks Team
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

Thanks for posting those pictures, SPFreaks.

I actually received the item today; very fast shipping! Anyway, confirmed in person that, indeed, it is yet another variation of the Tristessa 7\" colors. I’ll send in proper scans tomorrow. I take back the dark purple classification, it’s more like plain old standard purple.

Fuckin’ sweet. :D

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Superlordspamulon
On Superlordspamulon wrote:

has anyone else noticed that the shade of purple is similar to the purple used on the cover? (look at the pic with the vinyl placed on the cover)

do you reckon this could be related?

So apparently I don't post very often these days
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

I’m not sure if it’s related, but you are right. It’s almost identical.

Everyone knows the grays resulted from when they switched between pressing the black and pink vinyls. I wonder if this is somehow the same, as being a color between the gray and pink versions. Only a guess.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of STOUTR
On STOUTR wrote:

The grey is not from \"switching\" the vinyl colors. Check youtube for how records are actually made. When records get pressed between 2 colors, you may get 2,3,4 or a few more mixed up records, but not 100. These were pressed on purpose. The darker color may be from inconsistenties in the vinyl \"rolls\".

For what it’s worth.

Profile photo of some pumpkins
Participant
On some pumpkins wrote:

ive got two of them myself, and one is definately darker than the other, much like the ones shown above.

what's wrong with you is good for what's wrong with me
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

ive got two of them myself, and one is definately darker than the other, much like the ones shown above.[/quote:3h9eg1hc]

yeah, i wouldn’t really call it a different color (although it distinctly is), much like the variations w/i the siamese dream maroon/red/pink/peach versions. although i think the newer orange one is a newer pressing.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of jawn till dusk
Participant
On jawn till dusk wrote:

Mine’s like the darker version.Just like the tristessa sleeve pink.

Love.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In