SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Philosophical Forum

Topic: Opinions

This topic contains 22 replies, has 7,010 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of manillascissor manillascissor 3 years, 7 months ago.

On jupiter wrote:

Lately, it seems I’m hypersensitive to people’s opinions and have come to the conclusion that they are just that. Fucking opinions that are not mine. I love everyone and respect their right to one, but for fuck’s sake, buy a vowel man.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

:roll:

\"A vowel is a type of sound for which there is no closure of the asshole at any point where vocalization occurs.\"

:lol:

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of anonymous
On Anonymous wrote:

:lol:
where do we buy said vowels manilla? :twisted:
and you’re right they’re someone elses opinions, you know what’s good for you :)

Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

don’t you find it exhausting listening to other people’s bullshit, day after day?

it completely drains me

in my time of dying
Profile photo of blueczarina
On blueczarina wrote:

it definitley drains me. sometimes i find listening to some people physically painfully, especially if its always the same crap everytime they open their mouths.

Profile photo of marigold
Participant
On marigold wrote:

Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else’s opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.[/quote:292otld2] ~Oscar Wilde, De Profundis, 1905

Profile photo of last_rose_of_summer
On last_rose_of_summer wrote:

that quote, it’s just wow.

it drains me too, when people say the same things over and over again and nothing ever changes.

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

this thread sucks

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Daysofthephoenix
On Daysofthephoenix wrote:

all my friends sum up that quote completely.
I try talking to them about new ideas and all they ever do is quote movies or shows that they watch.

It gets so tiring sometimes because all I want to do is have an exciting conversation with them and all I ever get is rehashed jokes. :(

Give me the disk, Angela.Somewhere in the world, Dongsoo Kim loves you...Thirsting for God in a Land of Shallow Wells.365 Days of Winter!!!
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

I try talking to them about new ideas and all they ever do is quote movies or shows that they watch.([/quote:1aog43cw]

this kills me. i struggle with this EXACT problem everyday. for me, it’s southpark. i don’t find it particularly funny, and the people i work with will quote unfunny lines for minutes on end, laughing at shit they just said yesterday. it makes me uncomfortable.

in my time of dying
Participant
On marigold wrote:

I used to work with people in London who would just talk about what happened on Eastenders (soap opera where everyone seems to moan about stuff) the night before…and I didn’t watch it, so had no interest in talking about it to them.

I guess that is all they have in their lives though, work, go home, watch TV. :roll:

@ Daysofthephoenix – sounds like you need different friends!

Profile photo of jupiter
On jupiter wrote:

you can come on here and have a good conversation DotP!

speed kills but beauty lives forever
Participant
On marigold wrote:

This quote from Steve Jobs reminds me of the Oscar Wilde one:

\"Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.\"

Steve Jobs
US computer engineer & industrialist (1955 – 2011)

Yeah, I can always count on the people on this site to keep my life interesting. :D
Especially with some of the conversations on here.

Give me the disk, Angela.Somewhere in the world, Dongsoo Kim loves you...Thirsting for God in a Land of Shallow Wells.365 Days of Winter!!!
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

used to be so many more…

:(

in my time of dying
Participant
On marigold wrote:

hey, you’ve still got us! :P

I haven’t left this site in 3 years and don’t ever plan on abandoning it. :D

Participant
On marigold wrote:

Do you have an opinion? A mind of your own?
I thought you were special, I thought you should know
But I’ve run out of patience, and I couldn’t care less…

Profile photo of last_rose_of_summer
On last_rose_of_summer wrote:

It is kinda sad there are not as many people on here anymore and I know I am one of them. I am always so busy with work and at home the baby keeps me and my husband busy. Of course I am happy I love my family but sometimes I miss those days when I had plenty of spare time to do whatever I wanted to do. It is like I am not even the same person I used to be. I guess I really am not. It is weird though, it seems like my past is only a dream, like it wasn’t even real.

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:
Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else’s opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.[/quote:plb3y1x2] ~Oscar Wilde, De Profundis, 1905[/quote:plb3y1x2]

in my time of dying
Profile photo of vianne
Participant
On vianne wrote:

this is kind of off topic, but you also have to cut off your own thoughts or opinions of yourself (the weird ones that are even just a little negative, such as \"i’m never gonna stop procrastinating/being lazy\"), because all they are are thoughts. they can be discarded the second you have them. you can have a different one, a more positive one, like \"i’m getting more & more productive every day\" or something similar to that.

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

this is kind of off topic, but you also have to cut off your own thoughts or opinions of yourself (the weird ones that are even just a little negative, such as "i’m never gonna stop procrastinating/being lazy"), because all they are are thoughts. they can be discarded the second you have them. you can have a different one, a more positive one, like "i’m getting more & more productive every day" or something similar to that.[/quote:3pfhgpit]

agreed. the power of positive thinking is amazing.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of jupiter
On jupiter wrote:

\"like\"

speed kills but beauty lives forever

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In