SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Collecting Items

Topic: Owata

This topic contains 9 replies, has 394 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Arthur Arthur 3 years, 7 months ago.

On Arthur wrote:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181351178583?ss … 1435.l2649

My boredom has outshined the sun...
Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

huh, what’s that?

this has to be fake, right? it doesn’t look very convincing, this homemade \"promo cd\".
(also, what promo cd literally says \"promo cd\"? i don’t think i’ve seen that before.)

i’m surprised it went for $135. that’s a lot. even if this was real, that’d be a very high price for a promo cd-r.

Profile photo of EAZYE121
Participant
On EAZYE121 wrote:

I haven’t seen the \"SP Heart\" logo used in a long time, also the typeface is from MCIS. This doesn’t make sense. I would have to say fake.

on a sidenote, ebay links can easily be reduced by only keeping the item number. like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/181351178583

that seller seems to have been selling quite a lot of fairly dodgy looking promo cd-rs, often for a huge amount of money. there’s no negative feedback though. i wonder what’s going on there.

the cds i’ve checked all have the same layout. band name at the top. a band or record company logo on the left and the compact disc logo on the right. the track title with track length at the bottom.

also, the type of cd-r and the type of thin jewel case seem to be the same for all of these promos.

very suspicious. everything points in the direction of these being made by the same person. i can’t believe they’re getting away with this.

Profile photo of geofolkers
On geofolkers wrote:

The seller said the back of the CD case was blank also. It’s hard to imagine SP had a music video for this but no promo or single. I’m sure this is a boot though

Profile photo of geofolkers
On geofolkers wrote:

Maybe it’s Tristan :)

Profile photo of jesus loves his crazies
Participant
On Jesus loves his crazies wrote:

Wonder who won it, it almost got me for a moment.

My boredom has outshined the sun...
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Fake. Nuff said.

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In