SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Miscellaneous Forum

Topic: Pet Peeves

This topic contains 53 replies, has 5,575 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of anonymous Anonymous 7 years, 11 months ago.

On confuciousconfusing wrote:

I hate it when people refer to their children as kids. It’s not even a big deal, but it’s grammatically incorrect, and it drives me up the wall.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Pipoka
On Pipoka wrote:

it’s incorrect? really?
i think i’ve learned that at school !

Profile photo of last_rose_of_summer
On last_rose_of_summer wrote:

is it because a kid is a baby goat?

Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

is it because a kid is a baby goat?[/quote:3jwgedre]

Yeah, so when people say they took their kids out to eat, I always tell them I just let mine wander around the yard for a few hours. Much easier that way.

:)

in my time of dying
Profile photo of anonymous
On Anonymous wrote:

I am always trying to use the term children..I do catch myself ever once in awhile saying kid, but then I think I am talking about goats..lol and I didn’t give birth to no goats…
I think it’s a regional thing. some people just don’t even know what you are talking about if you use the word kid when speaking about your child or children…

Profile photo of blueczarina
On blueczarina wrote:

is it because a kid is a baby goat?[/quote:14qb2edl]

well my brother is a little goat, so i think its appropriate 8) hehe

is it because a kid is a baby goat?[/quote:8pe4b3i6]

Yeah, so when people say they took their kids out to eat, I always tell them I just let mine wander around the yard for a few hours. Much easier that way.

:)[/quote:8pe4b3i6]

:lol: :lol:

On Anonymous wrote:

goats…gotta love em :lol:

is it because a kid is a baby goat?[/quote:1lxvdwwp]

well my brother is a little goat, so i think its appropriate 8) hehe[/quote:1lxvdwwp]

maybe that’s why most people call them kids! :lol:

On blueczarina wrote:

could be :lol:

On Anonymous wrote:

well they sound like goats sometimes :lol:
haven’t seen them eat clothes, but my middle child took a bite of a video game (when he was 2-ish)
something I could envision an actual goat doing :lol:

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

People who say feh-nance instead of fine-ance.

Goddamn, they should be shot in the head.

in my time of dying
On Anonymous wrote:

lol…potato & tomato
always drives me nuts when people say them wrong..or at least wrong to my ears…lol

Profile photo of Return To Comfort
On Return To Comfort wrote:

When a couple is in a truck and the girl scoots over to the middle of the bench so she’s \"next to her man\", uncomfortably straddling the stick shift. Come on, can’t you wait???? Ugh.

be my mirror, my sword, my shield

i hate it when people ask me if my lip ring goes all the way through my lip. i just wanna say, no it goes halfway in then stops! :lol:

and it is so funny when they ask me that and i tug on it and they get all grossed out! heehee

On Anonymous wrote:

so if anyone has seen my myspace photos..you see my son has red curly hair-it’s the bomb..
well people have always came up to me since he was a baby and actually ask me if I dyed his hair WTF? why on earth would I dye a baby’s hair…and they still ask to this day if his hair is naturally that color…That drives me crazy!!!

that’s pretty funny reggae… dye a baby’s hair! some people just don’t seem to have any common sense! :P

speaking of babies, i know lots of people do this, but i don’t like it when parents get their babies ears pierced while they are so little! i was in claire’s the other day and this lady got her baby’s ears pierced and the poor little girl was screaming so loud! it was terrible! :(

Profile photo of bullettwoutbutterflywings
On bullettwoutbutterflywings wrote:

i hate it when people say gravles. yes gravles, the plural is the same as the singular, geeze people. they say gravles alot around here.

"shiny, let's be bad guys"--jayne cobb-the hero of canton

OH! how could i forget! my worst pet peeve ever….. when people pop popcorn here at work and they BURN it! omg it stinks soooo bad!!! it makes me want to barf!!! i wish they would make a no popcorn allowed rule!!! and some people bring some kind of superduper extra butter crapcorn and that makes me sick too! it smells like fake chemical butter or something it is toxic! yuk!

Profile photo of bullettwoutbutterflywings
On bullettwoutbutterflywings wrote:

how can they work with that crap on thier hands?

that is what i would like to know.

"shiny, let's be bad guys"--jayne cobb-the hero of canton
On Anonymous wrote:

OH! how could i forget! my worst pet peeve ever….. when people pop popcorn here at work and they BURN it! omg it stinks soooo bad!!! it makes me want to barf!!! i wish they would make a no popcorn allowed rule!!! and some people bring some kind of superduper extra butter crapcorn and that makes me sick too! it smells like fake chemical butter or something it is toxic! yuk![/quote:fs7t4pew]
:lol: reminds me of the popcorn story from 3 weeks ago…I was helping my son do homework and the microwave finished popping popcorn..next thing I know I hear it going again. My youngest turned it on for a few minutes, yes minutes and it caught on fire..lol could have lit a cigarette off that fire :lol: It was so smokey and disgusting..totally wanted to just vomit..my poor children couldn’t stand the stench either. And the microwave still works..lol

eeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww! i can imagine how bad that smelled! i hate burned popcorn! and that would have been 100 times worse! yuk

On Anonymous wrote:

yes it was F@!&ing sick!!!! Beyond. I have never ever smelled burnt popcorn for days on end!!! I think the microwave still has a faint smell of it…

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

lit a cigarette huh? well my drinking days are grinding to a halt, and hopefully, smoking as well. it’s been 1.5 days w/o a smoke. 72 hours and it’s all psychological after that.

in my time of dying
On blueczarina wrote:

good job manilla :wink:

so no more drunk posting- thats good though :) :wink:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In