SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Miscellaneous Forum

Topic: Photo Thread

This topic contains 793 replies, has 68,441 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of marigold marigold 4 years, 7 months ago.

On marigold wrote:

I thought this might turn into a cool thread, I’m not sure what would be the best way to do it though, embed the pics in your post? Or just link to them in the post?
Maybe the powers that be on the forum could decide?

Anyway, post some of your fave photos on here, they can be pics you took, or just cool images you found online, perhaps some art work you really like?

Ok I’ll go first, I’ll embed, and if it’s decided that links are the better option I’ll edit to change that.

I took these photos this morning walking the dog, it’s all about 2 minutes from my house, my camera isn’t great, but I think they came out ok.

I believe this to be a gatehouse :
think it was a chapel)

Profile photo of bullettwoutbutterflywings
On bullettwoutbutterflywings wrote:

goodnight,

those are some awesome pics, i am so jelous, i wish i lived near some neat ruins. i live near an american civil war battle ground, but no ruins just an empty feild. but they do have reinactments every year. it is really pretty outside today, i might go and take some pics down the road here. i have been meaning to anyway.

your dog is a cutie pie.

"shiny, let's be bad guys"--jayne cobb-the hero of canton
Profile photo of blueczarina
On blueczarina wrote:

nice pics cult hero :)

Profile photo of Im a Cult Hero
On Im a Cult Hero wrote:

Thanks guys :)
The dog (Jules) is actually afraid of the castles, he wouldn’t come inside with me when I was taking the pics :P

Heres 2 i found online, I can’t remember where I found the first one, but I’ve been using it as my desktop for the past year

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Cool topic this is! And nice pics indeed Cult Hero! You live in that street somewhere maybe?

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
On Im a Cult Hero wrote:

Thanks Arthur :)
No I don’t live on that street, except maybe on the weekends :P
I live in a suburb by that castle :)

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Ah right. And you are sure you didn’t bring that medieval shopping trolley yourself?

I mean, you did a find over there that will possibly shock the archaeological world? :lol:

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
On Im a Cult Hero wrote:

Lol, I know, I’m probably going to be famous! :P
But it makes sense I guess when you think about it, I mean….how else would they have gotten all those medieval beer cans & vodka bottles back from the medieval mall?
:P

i am thinking that we should employ the taser for the jerks who littered in such a beautiful spot. i’ll just wait inside the castle till i see the litterers and tase them.

then they will say \"don’t tase me bro\"

did anyone else see that on the news a while back? i say it all the time. i know it was not nice of the police to tase that boy, there was like 6 cops on one collage boy, but everytime he says \"don’t tase me bro\" i can’t help but giggle. is that wrong?

also, i love that first pic in the second ones you posted, that is so awesome. i am gonna save it to my computer.

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

You asked for favourite pics huh… here are mine. I took them in 2003 in the north of India. It aren’t that good pics (except the 3rd one, I like that one very much), but it’s the memory that goes with it… Organizing an expedition myself with 5 people, a buddhist guide and his assistent, and some donkeys to carry the luggage (tents, sleeping bags, food, water, etc.) and then climb the Stok Kangri in 5 days. Awesome trip, will never forget that. The eternal snow, the impressive Himalaya mountains, minus 20 degrees at night and still holding on, that last 250 meters to the top that took over 2 hours to climb… Anyway, enjoy the few pics! :lol:

Buddhist praying flags
Leh Valley view from a monastery
On top of a little mountain
Us on top of the Stok Kangri, 6125 mtr (I’m the guy on the right, only 4 out of 7 made it :wink: )
View from Stok Kangri towards K2 and Tibet

On Im a Cult Hero wrote:

Wow, very cool! I probably wouldn’t have the stamina to make it up the mountain though :P
I’ve always wanted to do a bit of Traveling in the East, it looks beautiful.
My Brother went backpacking through Asia (Vietnam, China, Thailand, Korea etc.) came back with some stunning shots, and he was actually in Thailand during a military coup! I was more than a bit jealous :P (about the backpacking, not the coup :P)

wow, awesome. that must have been so cool, i wish i could do something like that. i took some pics a little while ago, but i am going to get more tomarow. been promising a few people for pics of here. i will post some of our trip to myrtle beach here in a minute.

On Im a Cult Hero wrote:

Looks very pretty, is that where you live?

On blueczarina wrote:

nic pics everyone :)

Are you Buddhist Arthur?

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Are you Buddhist Arthur?[/quote:2pivbdqq]
Honest answer? No. I’m non-religious and actually very negative about ALL religions. Buddhism however, attracts me as a life style, a way of life. I respect their rather peaceful opinions and some other points of view very much. I’m critical about their treatment of women sometimes (not allowed to have higher positions in the monasteries for example) and also I’m not into the re-birth theme so much. But what I do like is their way of having many different teachers (buddhas) where every individual can learn from, with a real life teacher or not. Also I like very much their respect for animals, as they think an animal is equally important as a human being. Well, lots to tell about this subject I guess. :wink:

On blueczarina wrote:

Fair enough. I was just curious. :wink:

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

No problem blueczarina. Are you a buddhist maybe?

On blueczarina wrote:

No problem blueczarina. Are you a buddhist maybe?[/quote:2wwds4we]

No. I’m not really religious or at least I’m not really into any big organized religion. I think that Buddhism has some good points, but I’m not Buddhist or anything really. :wink:

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Yeah same opinion here I guess… Sometimes I like to say \"music is my religion, and the rock guitar is my altar\", but well, that’s just when I’m being a bit silly. But it’s somewhat true however.

Looks very pretty, is that where you live?[/quote:31qkp7yv]

no, the first pic is in south carolina, myrtle beach, i would love to live there, the second 2 pics are of florida, both places are about a days drive from where i live.

tomarow i will post pics of where i live. it is sooooo pretty right now, with all the trees leafing out, and the flowers blooming, and i live next to a river, so i will get pics of that also. probably in the afternoon. i will post them in the evening.

On Im a Cult Hero wrote:

Ah, my apologies I’m afraid my knowledge of U.S. geography is bordering on the non-existant side :/

that is ok, we have alot of states, it is hard to keep track of sometimes.

Profile photo of Pipoka
On Pipoka wrote:

I love to take photos so it’s difficult to pick just a couple from tons of pics that i have…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In