SPfreaks Forum

 

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Collecting Items

Topic: rarities & b-sides (download only) is that a sp \"release\"?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 1,235 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of bobbintb bobbintb 9 years, 9 months ago.

On bobbintb wrote:

hi again. yesterday i was searching for bullet train and came across the rarities and b-sides download. i checked here and there and its offered on a few websites, for extremely different prices. but when i checked if this is a real sp release, i couldnt find it, only on spfc. its not on here, and not even the pumpkins website puts it in their discography! but on here i found the promo cd http://www.spfreaks.com/Default.aspx?pa … &item=3155 , so it looks like its not fake anyway?

Emptiness is loneliness, and loneliness is cleanlinessAnd cleanliness is godliness, and god is empty just like meIntoxicated with the madness, I'm in love with my sadness
Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

hi again. yesterday i was searching for bullet train and came across the rarities and b-sides download. i checked here and there and its offered on a few websites, for extremely different prices. but when i checked if this is a real sp release, i couldnt find it, only on spfc. its not on here, and not even the pumpkins website puts it in their discography! but on here i found the promo cd http://www.spfreaks.com/Default.aspx?pa … &item=3155 , so it looks like its not fake anyway?[/quote:1v21m4vs]

Hey Orchid
I have that promotional single you’re referencing… Because Virgin made a promotional CD for it, I’d consider it an actual release. Isn’t there a date on the CD promo? Like a release date?

Anyway, I’ve also seen on eBay posters for it. Virgin promotional posters. So, yes, I consider it an official release, although, it’s digital. Makes you wonder how do you buy a legitimate copy?

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Superlordspamulon
Member
On Superlordspamulon wrote:

b-sides and rarities?
i believe that may be an official release…
i think the one you are referring to is the download only version? with over a hundred songs on it?
even if it’s not official (which i believe it is, as i think its on itunes) it’s bloody good value! it’s nwar comprehensive on nearly all pumpkins b-sides rarities!

So apparently I don't post very often these days
Profile photo of bleedingtheorchid
Member
On BleedingTheOrchid wrote:

b-sides and rarities?
i believe that may be an official release…
i think the one you are referring to is the download only version? with over a hundred songs on it?
even if it’s not official (which i believe it is, as i think its on itunes) it’s bloody good value! it’s nwar comprehensive on nearly all pumpkins b-sides rarities![/quote:3ey0opbn]
yup, it’s download only i think. but i see it nowhere on the discography, that’s what makes me wonder…

Emptiness is loneliness, and loneliness is cleanlinessAnd cleanliness is godliness, and god is empty just like meIntoxicated with the madness, I'm in love with my sadness
Profile photo of bleedingtheorchid
Member
On BleedingTheOrchid wrote:

Hey Orchid
I have that promotional single you’re referencing… Because Virgin made a promotional CD for it, I’d consider it an actual release. Isn’t there a date on the CD promo? Like a release date?

Anyway, I’ve also seen on eBay posters for it. Virgin promotional posters. So, yes, I consider it an official release, although, it’s digital. Makes you wonder how do you buy a legitimate copy?[/quote:3vubbbes]
download it! :lol: i found a pretty cheap download placed somehwere i think i posted it here somewhere while talking to superlord

Emptiness is loneliness, and loneliness is cleanlinessAnd cleanliness is godliness, and god is empty just like meIntoxicated with the madness, I'm in love with my sadness
Profile photo of bleedingtheorchid
Member
On BleedingTheOrchid wrote:

here is the cheapest download i found, in holland: http://shop.spitsnet.nl/web/show/id=582 … id=1166024 check it out! it’s so weird to see the 114 tracks for 11.99 euro and then 1.29 euro per track???? huh???? who has found the most expensive download by the way?

Emptiness is loneliness, and loneliness is cleanlinessAnd cleanliness is godliness, and god is empty just like meIntoxicated with the madness, I'm in love with my sadness
Profile photo of bleedingtheorchid
Member
On BleedingTheOrchid wrote:

Hey Orchid
I have that promotional single you’re referencing… Because Virgin made a promotional CD for it, I’d consider it an actual release. Isn’t there a date on the CD promo? Like a release date? Anyway, I’ve also seen on eBay posters for it. Virgin promotional posters. So, yes, I consider it an official release, although, it’s digital. Makes you wonder how do you buy a legitimate copy?[/quote:hnkp9x6k]
cool manilla! kinda rare promo i guess? and i think it’s a genuine release also, but why isn’t it on the discography? i mean, even spfreaks doesnt have it (while spfc has it if i’m right), and the pumpkins dont have it either on their website?

Emptiness is loneliness, and loneliness is cleanlinessAnd cleanliness is godliness, and god is empty just like meIntoxicated with the madness, I'm in love with my sadness
Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:
Hey Orchid
I have that promotional single you’re referencing… Because Virgin made a promotional CD for it, I’d consider it an actual release. Isn’t there a date on the CD promo? Like a release date? Anyway, I’ve also seen on eBay posters for it. Virgin promotional posters. So, yes, I consider it an official release, although, it’s digital. Makes you wonder how do you buy a legitimate copy?[/quote:r25njk0i]
cool manilla! kinda rare promo i guess? and i think it’s a genuine release also, but why isn’t it on the discography? i mean, even spfreaks doesnt have it (while spfc has it if i’m right), and the pumpkins dont have it either on their website?[/quote:r25njk0i]

I don’t know. Guess it falls into some sort of gray area. It’s a digital release. It’s kind of weird. The Smashing Pumpkins did it again though. They released Zeitgeist (blue edition …. oooooooo…) on ITunes. Also an Australian ITunes edition w/ two bonus tracks. I don’t get it. But, I really think they should somehow be classified as official releases.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Arthur
Moderator
On Arthur wrote:

But, I really think they should somehow be classified as official releases.[/quote:n78b5p8d]
This is a pretty cool topic with an in-depth discussion, to my opinion. We might consider reserving a page on http://www.SPfreaks.com for each individual downloadable release. I will create another topic where you can post all Smashing Pumpkins releases that are officially (!) available as a download.

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of bobbintb
Member
On bobbintb wrote:

if youre referring to the ones thats over 100 tracks, yes it is an official release. it was an online only catalog. however, i believe almost all those tracks are available on other lossless medium.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

×
 
 
×
 
  • Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In

×