SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Support – SPfreaks

Topic: Reminder: Tracks page

This topic contains 5 replies, has 60 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of RedWolf RedWolf 9 years, 6 months ago.

On RedWolf wrote:

RedWolf, I think we need an overview page on SPfreaks.com where we have all the Tracks the Pumpkins (and their sideprojects) played and recorded. Clicking on a certain track would lead to the setlists of concerts (location + date) and the items where this track is found on. Would be nice…

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of RedWolf
Participant
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Yeah I get what you mean. But as you probably know we already have almost 8,500 unique tracks (query the SQL database to see I’m right here! :wink: ). Most of them played during tours of course, and they are mostly not available anywhere. Sometimes on bootlegs only, and that info will appear on the track anyway (that part of SPfreaks.com still needs a lot of work, as most of the boot CDs have no tracks connected).

Anyway, adding the setlist to a track is not much of an improvement I think, as we already have the Tour & Recording History with this info, and the Location/Date info is already provided on the track, top left on the page. Make that Location field clickable to be directed back to the setlist is maybe a good idea?

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of RedWolf
Participant
On RedWolf wrote:

I do not start to argue. Just watch the result and you will see what I mean. We have a different view with the same result.

living in a reality on endless views & unbound fantasies...
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Aaaahh, no arguements? I wanted one! :lol:

Kidding, I’m curious what you mean.

Profile photo of RedWolf
Participant
On RedWolf wrote:

Okay, I will explain it by example…

Current
– you go from item details (by showed tracks) -> track details
– you go from setlist -> track details

In track details (available on…):
-> related items

New
– you go from item details (by showed tracks) -> track details
– you go from setlist -> track details
– you go from track list (*) -> track details (NEW!)

(*) track list is a new page with a list of all tracks, no matter of it’s related to an item or setlist.

In track details (available on…):
-> related items
-> related setlists (NEW!)

I hope this makes more sense.

living in a reality on endless views & unbound fantasies...

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In