SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Collecting Items

Topic: Request: Siamese Dream vinyl reissue matrix codes

This topic contains 152 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of marigold marigold 1 year, 8 months ago.

On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

Hi,

Derek and I ran into a bit of an issue while looking at the Siamese Dream vinyl reissue (in order to add its entry to the spfreaks.com collection). More about that later though.

Could anyone who also bought the 2011 reissue of Siamese Dream on vinyl, and has opened it, or doesn’t mind opening their copy, please post the matrix codes that are on the 4 sides? This could really help us further. Thank you very much.

B.

Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream

request revoked.

the thing is, i was checking the matrix codes, and they were a bit longer than i was expecting. a string of numbers, apparently random, was added. these are the ones i’m talking about, one on each side:
5099967929016 Siamese Dream Disc 1 Side 1 A+R Dallas SPGII S-27899 RE-2 6.21.3.11 25.15.21
5099967928910 Siamese Dream Disc 1 Side 2 S-27900 RE-2 19.21.3.11 13.25 4.9.3.11
5099967929016 Siamese Dream Disc 2 Side 1 A+R Dallas SPGII S-27901 RE-2 12.9.3.11 13.25 16.21.19.19.25
5099967929115 SIAMESE DREAM DISC 2-SIDE 2-Re1 S-27902 RE-3 23.5 12.15.22.5 25.15.21

i found those strings of numbers at the end a bit weird. they didn’t have the same length, they weren’t spaced identically, etc. and all the numbers were between 1 and 26, which made me think of an alphabet code. so i checked if the numbers could mean anything when translated to words (1=a, 2=b, etc.), and, well, they do. check for yourself what secret messages they have sent out via these matrix codes.
how weird.

now i wonder who’s behind this.

basically i was asking for the matrix codes of another copy, just to make sure all copies have the same codes, but in the mean time, i have found the matrix codes of another copy, and they’re identical. so i assume every copy has the same matrix codes.
it wouldn’t hurt to double check, if anyone has another opened copy, but i think it’s already fair to assume all matrix codes are the same.

Profile photo of Sven
Participant
On Sven wrote:

same matrix codes on my copy.
nice find :)
didn’t see that one coming, curious to say the least :)

thanks for checking, sven.

do you think billy knows about these?
who would be able to add these codes to the matrix code? does it have to be someone at the record plant? the person who mastered the record for vinyl?

i don’t think they serve any purpose. if they leave these numbers out, the matrix code would still contain enough information to do what it’s supposed to do.

Profile photo of Sven
Participant
On Sven wrote:

thanks for checking, sven.

do you think billy knows about these?
who would be able to add these codes to the matrix code? does it have to be someone at the record plant? the person who mastered the record for vinyl?

i don’t think they serve any purpose. if they leave these numbers out, the matrix code would still contain enough information to do what it’s supposed to do.[/quote:2zro1vtc]

you’re welcome.

i don’t think so as these are not very TSP-like messages.

messages in the matrix code are known and usually these are done on purpose.
i think to know these are made when the master is cut first (the mother) by the mastering engineer i.e. the person who cuts the first vinyl, not the mastering engineer as per the final master mix per se.
but there might be a chance too these codes are stamped following the test pressing stage when the release codes are known and this might be done by the people making the final pressing plates for production.

Profile photo of geofolkers
On geofolkers wrote:

What’s the secret message?!

Profile photo of Sven
Participant
On Sven wrote:

do the math and be surprised…

Profile photo of Sven
Participant
On Sven wrote:

SIDE A – FUCK YOU
SIDE B – SUCK MY DICK
SIDE C – LICK MY PUSSY
SIDE D – WE LOVE YOU

go figure…

Profile photo of Sven
Participant
On Sven wrote:

most likely this was done by the mastering person a friend of mine told me and he’s in the business of cutting vinyls.

can easily have been overlooked by the band / BC at the test pressing stage(s).
(anyone already have a test pressing of this re-issue???) :)

i’ve forwarded this issue to Cresfallen.com as the people are in touch with BC.

anyone with a twitter account care to make a post on the rather curious etchings in the matrix code?

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

:lol:

Apparently a guy, previously making SP cd boots, changed his career, and is now working for this vinyl plant.

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

anyone with a twitter account care to make a post on the rather curious etchings in the matrix code?[/quote:72j76l7z]
Geo? :wink:

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of Sven
Participant
On Sven wrote:
anyone with a twitter account care to make a post on the rather curious etchings in the matrix code?[/quote:3epk0au6]
Geo? :wink:[/quote:3epk0au6]

i mean: i’m just curious if BC might comment on this matter because this is SO unlike anything I know of as per TSP… these are so far off remarks… i’ve seen some cool run off groove / matrix code remarks before by some bands that are quite funny but this is just a little bit like… uhm, duh, dude, wtf?!

i don’t think so as these are not very TSP-like messages.[/quote:1li28npy]
well, i thought so too, while i was decoding them, but then i decoded "we love you", and that’s a very pumpkins-like message. they even had a song called , played live mainly during the resume the pose tour. so who knows? (they also have a song called "fuck you".)

anyway, i don’t think BC is behind this at all.
but that "we love you" is really out of place there. it doesn’t make sense when you put it next to the other messages.

Profile photo of Sven
Participant
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

and hope someone can leave a tweet on this matter as per BC’s notice and hopefully we’ll hear from them… :)[/quote:2zv0uqha]
Don’t worry, it’s out there. :wink:

http://twitter.com/spfreaks

i also wonder what BC will think of this when he hears about it, assuming that he doesn’t know about these messages yet.
and i agree. the messages are very immature.

Profile photo of Sven
Participant
On Sven wrote:
and hope someone can leave a tweet on this matter as per BC’s notice and hopefully we’ll hear from them… :)[/quote:10q6bqdv]
Don’t worry, it’s out there. :wink:

http://twitter.com/spfreaks[/quote:10q6bqdv]

No worries whatsoever and thanks!

Profile photo of Sven
Participant
On Sven wrote:

i also wonder what BC will think of this when he hears about it, assuming that he doesn’t know about these messages yet.
and i agree. the messages are very immature.[/quote:2ajrex3t]

Agreed, totally.

I just can not see BC Ok these things.

Either: these remarks were not there yet on his test pressing.
Or: he didn’t notice these remarks in the matrix.
But: I can not imagine BC giving an OK to such immature, rather prank-like and stupid remarks in the run-off matrix groove of the major record re-issue release…

I’m doing my best, amongst loads and tons and tons of work and writing and meetings to try to find out what happend. The Dutch part of EMI just declined to remark and went into looking for an answer. :)

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Hmmmm… Twitter message is deleted? WTF? :evil:

did you put the decoded messages in your tweet? that would probably explain why it was deleted.

Or: he didn’t notice these remarks in the matrix.[/quote:15ln82o7]
well, who would notice that? they’re just numbers, aren’t they?

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

No, I wrote \"Hidden messages on the reissue vinyl? WTF? <<then a link to this topic @SPfreaks>>\". Maybe even the WTF is not allowed on Twitter? Actually, the SPfreaks twitter account is not run by me alone. Maybe one of the other guys has other plans with this news, and quickly deleted my tweet. I’ll have a look into this.

Profile photo of geofolkers
On geofolkers wrote:

Sorry, we as a site won’t highlight this. It just too immature. The twitter is just highlighting the positive of sp and collecting through spfreaks.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In