SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Miscellaneous Forum

Topic: Shannen & Arthur are getting married on 09-09-09

This topic contains 106 replies, has 12,138 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of toad32r toad32r 7 years, 8 months ago.

On toad32r wrote:

Time to make an official announcement. 8)

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

Cool! 8)

in my time of dying
Profile photo of mr.benway
Participant
On mr.benway wrote:

Cool, indeed! 8)

Profile photo of anonymous
On Anonymous wrote:

awesome!

She’s a lucky gal getting proposed to in a beautiful place like that-good choice ;)

Best wishes!

Profile photo of blueczarina
On blueczarina wrote:

Profile photo of some pumpkins
Participant
On some pumpkins wrote:

congratulations to arthur and shannen!

what's wrong with you is good for what's wrong with me
Profile photo of amnesia
On amnesia wrote:

congratulations!!!! :)

In loving memory of Bimbolin.
Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

Oh wow. Proficiat!

Profile photo of last_rose_of_summer
On last_rose_of_summer wrote:

oh, congratulations! :D that looks like a beautiful place! is the wedding going to take place there too?

and very cool wedding date! it will be easy to remember your anniversaries :P

which pumpkins song are you going to have played?

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

oh, congratulations! :D that looks like a beautiful place! is the wedding going to take place there too?

and very cool wedding date! it will be easy to remember your anniversaries :P

which pumpkins song are you going to have played?[/quote:3v2zma0m]
The wedding will be in the Municipal Office of The Hague (city where we live), not in the Keukenhof I’m afraid. :wink:

And yeah, it’s an awesome date indeed, since 9 is a Chinese lucky number also, meaning eternity…

I’m risking a spank from Shannen now, as she wanted to surprise everybody with our song choices, but I guess nobody here will attend the wedding ceremony anyway, so why not telling here already… These 2 songs we choose so far, and we didn’t change our minds till now, so I guess they will be played:

Entering the ceremony (Within Temptation – Our Solemn Hour)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMSS3pW_GLw[/youtube]

Signing the papers etc. (no introduction needed… :wink: )

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQSxwzOngMU[/youtube]

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
On blueczarina wrote:

excellent choices although you must be planning a very dramatic entrance and rightfully so for your wedding. :wink: and Tonight, Tonight is a perfect pumpkin choice of course. 8)

and i decided to check out Without Temptation the other day- awesome band. 8) i downloaded four albums. and that same woman sings the Armin Van Buuren track In and Out of Love.

Profile photo of Tion
On Tion wrote:

congratulations, arthur. iam happy for you!

everything is perfect in disco- town.
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Thanks guys! :D

Our wedding card…

On Anonymous wrote:

I like it!!
did Shannen make these?

On blueczarina wrote:

they are pretty :)

Profile photo of amnesia
On amnesia wrote:

Those are very pretty indeed. :)

Im so happy for you guys! :D

In loving memory of Bimbolin.
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

I like it!!
did Shannen make these?[/quote:3dr8jlu7]
Shannen wanted to make them first, but when a friend of her offered to do it, we kindly took that offer. So we got 5 of those beautiful handmade cards, for the witnesses and the Master Of Ceremony. Also she made a little, but absolutely stunning, guestbook in the same style. It all looks very cool indeed… :)

On Anonymous wrote:

how sweet of your friend to do that for you both. Got to love friends and the gift they provide (not wedding gifts, their friendship ;) )!! Neat a guest book too. I am so excited for you both :D
Are you guys writing your own vows too?

On Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations, Arthur and Shannen, two Siamese Twins… Each of whom shall someday own a PC keyboard each! To great times: KER-LINK. :=)

Profile photo of Marcella
On Marcella wrote:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

I’m so so so glad to read this!

PS:

Whoa, 999? 666! 69?

Fevrale dostat chernil i plakatPisat O Fevrale navsnrydPoka grohochushaya slyakotVesnoyu charnoyu gorit
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

PS:

Whoa, 999? 666! 69?[/quote:2g0lddz2]
999 is 3 Chinese lucky numbers in a row, 666 is the number of the biblical beast, and 69 is a pleasant sexual position. And? :lol:

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Are you guys writing your own vows too?[/quote:24zbx3au]
No, that is not very common to do in NL actually, so it didn’t slip our minds so far… The ceremony will go like this: a host will receive the few guests and bring them to their chairs. Then the music starts (first song) and Shannen and me enter the room and walk to our chairs and sit down. Meanwhile the guests are applauding maybe, I don’t know. In our case, we get married in the Eastern style 1001 Nights room, so the chair of the couple will be with canopies and all… should be very romantic, I guess. Then the wedding official will do a speech in English and Dutch, then Shannen and me exchange our wedding rings, then sign the official wedding papers with the witnesses (meanwhile song 2, the Smashing Pumpkins, will be played! 8) ), and then after a few additional words from the wedding official the whole thing will be over… in just 20 minutes I guess?

This is a pic of the room where we go after the ceremony, where we will shake hands with the guests:

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

excellent choices although you must be planning a very dramatic entrance and rightfully so for your wedding. :wink: and Tonight, Tonight is a perfect pumpkin choice of course. 8)

and i decided to check out Without Temptation the other day- awesome band. 8) i downloaded four albums. and that same woman sings the Armin Van Buuren track In and Out of Love.[/quote:21g1we3l]
Dramatic? Dramatic you say? We will ROCK the joint through the roof! :lol:

But yeah, Sharon den Adel is quite the singer indeed. Within Temptation is Shannens’ favourite band, and I like that band too of course, otherwise I wouldn’t want them on our wedding… :wink: So we had no issues picking the 2 songs for the ceremony, as Shannen came up with the Smashing Pumpkins song, and I came up with the song of Within Temptation, and we both did not protest at all to each others’ choices… :wink:

_

Profile photo of Marcella
On Marcella wrote:

Yummy, what will you eat? :D

Fevrale dostat chernil i plakatPisat O Fevrale navsnrydPoka grohochushaya slyakotVesnoyu charnoyu gorit
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Yummy, what will you eat? :D[/quote:3fuya0up]
The restaurant calls it the PUUR! Menu.

It contains of 4 starters:

-Soup of sweetbreads with wild boar salami and chicory
-Fried clams with pimento despelette and cress
-Vitello tonnato
-Tartar of beef with potato salad and lukewarm mustard gravy

Then, at choice, the main dish:

-Turbot with fried spinach, homemade fries and beurre noisette
Or
-Fried Charolais beef loin with braised legs, mashed peas, fried mushrooms and celeriac fondant served with a gravy

Dessert:

-Banana Cake served with coconut ice cream & a cool sauce

Finally, a surpise course:
-That’s a surprise, of course! :lol:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In