SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Archive Forum

Topic: Show off your goodies!

This topic contains 441 replies, has 80,451 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of manillascissor manillascissor 3 years, 4 months ago.

On manillascissor wrote:

We all want to show off sometimes. MonteLDS got his 15 minutes of collecting fame on SP.com ( http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/news_2478 ) and was praised by the webmasters & some members over there. It is indeed a pretty cool Smashing Pumpkins collection, though it can use some upgrading on the rarities. Nevertheless, it inspired me to have my little show off moment also. A few things are missing on this pic; some posters like 3 different Gish-es & some concert posters (still needs to be framed), few guitar picks (too small) and my 17 other boxes stuffed with Smashing Pumpkins CDs & DVDs. If somebody’s interested, I could take a seperate pic of that 750 something CDs & DVDs also. Now I only showed (most, not all) Zeitgeist CDs and its singles on the floor, and 6 boxes with US and UK silver disc releases on the right. The rest of the stuffs you most probably recognize, otherwise: ask.

Anyway, fellow-collectors… Bring in your pics! Show off moment has arrived! 8)

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

wow, that gigantic siyl poster is really cool.

so is the rest, of course. but that poster is the biggest thing i have ever seen. and i’ve been on safari.

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

It’s a UK subway poster, rather widely available still. MonteLDS has 1 also if I’m right, but it could be a smaller version also. The frame is actually about ten times the price of the poster. :wink: But yeah, it’s huge, quite an eyecatcher in the hallway now. My girlfriend suggested we should have a special Smashing Pumpkins music room when we move to another house in 2008/2009! :lol:

My most precious things on the pic are actually quite small, it are the 2 smaller posters on top of the b/w TAFH poster. On the right a priceless 1991 Cabaret Metro poster ( http://www.spfreaks.com/Default.aspx?pa … &item=1032 ), on the left an astonishing beautiful, numbered (2/3) pic of Billy Corgan during a 1991 Canadian concert. It’s the most awesome pic of Billy I have ever seen. And I’m kinda proud of the 2 sales awards also of course, especially the TAFH one. And I just have to mention the b/w framed Metro ad (taken from a Chicago newspaper) on the left back side also, about the Metro thanking SP for 13 incredible years in 2000. It’s got a sky-high emotional value.

When will we see pics of your collection Cool As Ice Cream? Same for Sven, jgfox, manillascissor, toad32r and others? I’m sure they will be just awesome also, and will beat my pic hands down. 8)

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."

i don’t really do posters, t-shirts or other side stuff. so i don’t have much of those.

Profile photo of Superlordspamulon
On Superlordspamulon wrote:

my collection is not even worth taking a pictures of.
everyone has what i have, seriously, it sucks :lol:

i could show my MCR collection mebbe? it has some value :lol:

So apparently I don't post very often these days
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

i could show my MCR collection mebbe? it has some value :lol:[/quote:2iqd2lc5]
Sure! Please do! :lol:

Profile photo of Superlordspamulon
On Superlordspamulon wrote:

Sure! Please do! :lol:[/quote:8p2gu076] Mebbe later

i still need to have a shower, it’s getting late and i have to get up early, and it’s not that impressive tbh :lol:

So apparently I don't post very often these days
Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

Oh boy. :D This is a dangerous thread my man. I don’t have the luxury of a lot of space (or time for assembling for that matter), however, I do have some gems. I eagerly await returning to this thread, however, on my way to ATL to see some band on Halloween. :D

in my time of dying
Profile photo of jgfox
Participant
On jgfox wrote:

Arthur, you finally did it!! You started a real masturbating thread… ;)

‘And I end up feeling very alienated and unsatisfied’
(Silverfuck/Siamese Dream ’93),

Jeroen

--'to Rock!! for you'(Cherub Rock/Siamese Dream '93),Jeroen
Profile photo of bleedingtheorchid
On BleedingTheOrchid wrote:

If somebody’s interested, I could take a seperate pic of that 750 something CDs & DVDs also.[/quote:4j5jjk7e]
youre bluffing. show it

Emptiness is loneliness, and loneliness is cleanlinessAnd cleanliness is godliness, and god is empty just like meIntoxicated with the madness, I'm in love with my sadness
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Arthur, you finally did it!! You started a real masturbating thread… ;)[/quote:5dwtspx8]

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

youre bluffing. show it[/quote:8of0cg01]
I might, it’s a hell of a job.

Profile photo of bleedingtheorchid
On BleedingTheOrchid wrote:

Arthur, you finally did it!! You started a real masturbating thread… ;)

‘And I end up feeling very alienated and unsatisfied’
(Silverfuck/Siamese Dream ’93),

Jeroen[/quote:1pqchvzo]

Emptiness is loneliness, and loneliness is cleanlinessAnd cleanliness is godliness, and god is empty just like meIntoxicated with the madness, I'm in love with my sadness
Profile photo of Marc
Participant
On Marc wrote:

My first post on this forum and already showing off :wink:

Well here’s my collection, most of it has been collected between 1994-2002

12\" picture 1:

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

Awesome photos! Some really nice Cassettes! Very impressive. Even have the TEITBITE 7\" promo. Very nice.

Is this your entire collection? Can’t be.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Marc
Participant
On Marc wrote:

Awesome photos! Some really nice Cassettes! Very impressive. Even have the TEITBITE 7" promo. Very nice.

Is this your entire collection? Can’t be.[/quote:10imfclj]

This is my complete collection, apart from some compilation CD, common album CDs and common DVDs
I started collecting vinyl first, especially the rare ones. After that came the more common stuff.
I don’t collect posters, t-shirts or awards…although I see some nice items in Arthur’s picture

Marc

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Yeah, wow… impressive indeed… Maybe I’ll do my entire CD collection anyway this weekend. :lol:

Welcome Marc, nice to see you here! You show-off! :P

Profile photo of Shannen
On Shannen wrote:

Arthur….I have to say that I have the same posters like you are having. A real rare stuffs :wink:

I am-Shannen-I exist!

i’m jealous of your many french promos, marc.

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:
Awesome photos! Some really nice Cassettes! Very impressive. Even have the TEITBITE 7" promo. Very nice.

Is this your entire collection? Can’t be.[/quote:aaoyem70]

This is my complete collection, apart from some compilation CD, common album CDs and common DVDs
I started collecting vinyl first, especially the rare ones. After that came the more common stuff.
I don’t collect posters, t-shirts or awards…although I see some nice items in Arthur’s picture

Marc[/quote:aaoyem70]

So, are you still collecting? If not, are you selling? You have multiple items I’d be interested in. I’m still nowhere near complete with mine. I imagine you are not interested in selling, just thought I’d ask. :oops:

in my time of dying
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

Yeah, wow… impressive indeed… Maybe I’ll do my entire CD collection anyway this weekend. :lol:

[/quote:2n0wh6ia]

Arthur: I DARE YOU!

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Arthur: I DARE YOU![/quote:2ru78cu3]
I just started uploading new stuffs again, you’re keeping me a away from that for quite some time.

Hmmm… well, ok then. See you back in a bit. :lol:

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Arthur….I have to say that I have the same posters like you are having. A real rare stuffs :wink:[/quote:15u4ng45]
Prove it please? Can you take a pic and show us? :P

On a sidenote, the battery of my cam was dead… duhhh! Charging it now…

Profile photo of Marc
Participant
On Marc wrote:

Is this your entire collection? Can’t be.[/quote:3n4yrdsa]

Marc[/quote:3n4yrdsa]

So, are you still collecting? If not, are you selling? You have multiple items I’d be interested in. I’m still nowhere near complete with mine. I imagine you are not interested in selling, just thought I’d ask. :oops:[/quote:3n4yrdsa]

I’m still collecting, but not really actively. I started collecting Zeitgeist related items, but I don’t feel the need to buy all different versions of Zeitgeist. I’m still looking for some older items like:

– Tristessa 7"pink
– Rocket australian cd single
– Siva australian cd/ tape

The first 2 are not very hard to find, so I’ll eventually buy them sometime

Marc

Profile photo of Shannen
On Shannen wrote:

Well, in that case, you got to wait till I fly home to snap a photo to proove it. :P

I am-Shannen-I exist!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In