SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Touring & Concert

Topic: Smashing Pumpkins – RDS, Dublin, Ireland : 09/02/08

This topic contains 34 replies, has 5,609 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Im a Cult Hero Im a Cult Hero 9 years, 4 months ago.

On I’m a Cult Hero wrote:

01. Porcelina Of The Vast Oceans
02. Behold! The Night Mare
03. Bring The Light
04. Tonight, Tonight
05. Mayonaise
06. Try, Try, Try
07. Superchrist
08. (Come On) Let’s Go
09. Stellar
10. Perfect
11. Lily (My One And Only)
12. The Rose March
13. Today
14. Tarantula
15. Stand Inside Your Love
16. Ava Adore
17. Drown
18. Bullet With Butterfly Wings
19. 1979
20. That’s The Way (My Love Is)
21. My Blue Heaven
22. The Everlasting Gaze
23. Cash Car Star (Easy Living [Uriah Heep] + Foreplay + For What It’s Worth + Wasted Years )
24. Daydream
25. Wound
26. United States

Encore:
27. I Don’t Mind
28. Cherub Rock

I really loved this gig, I’d seen them 3 times before this, and this is easily one of the best of them.
The band were in great form, laughing and smiling throughout, towards the end Billy spent something like 10/15 minutes just joking around with us/ranting about modern music.
I was pretty near the front, and everyone was going crazy for every single song even though the younger ones didn’t know the words to the lesser known songs, there was a great vibe.
Gig lasted somewhere around 2 hours 45 minutes, I enjoyed every second of it,
I made this video of Lily at it :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evTSul9_cKI

Also got quite a few pics, you don’t need to add me or anything, the pics are public don’t worry ;)
http://www.myspace.com/siamese_dreamer

Oh, and hi there, I’m new btw :P

Profile photo of bullettwoutbutterflywings
On bullettwoutbutterflywings wrote:

sounds like you had a good time. neat pics.

and welcome! :)

"shiny, let's be bad guys"--jayne cobb-the hero of canton
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

sounds like you had a good time. neat pics.

and welcome! :)[/quote:34wrgybj]
I second that! Looks like the Irish are conquering our boards. Be welcome, Cult Hero!

Happen to be a collector of vinyl or CDs or so also? Just curious. :D

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of blueczarina
On blueczarina wrote:

great pics :)

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Yeah. I loved this one.

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
On blueczarina wrote:

its a good one :)

Profile photo of Im a Cult Hero
On Im a Cult Hero wrote:

Thanks guys :)
Yeah I had a great time, though I heard it wasn’t as much fun outside the pit, and there were problems with the sound (which I expected, as the RDS is a terrible venue) at some points.
I have to admit though, United States did overstay it’s welcome a bit, don’t get me wrong, I like the song, but by the time it hit the 20 minute mark, I was kinda wishing they would play another song :o
I wasn’t aware there was a strong Irish presence here, that’s pretty cool :)

Yeah I collect CD’s though my collection is probably microscopic compared to some of you guys ;)
I have no vinyl yet but I do intend to at least get all the studio albums on vinyl when chance and finances meet in a glorious collaboration :P

Glad you like the pics, feel free to take any you want to use however you want, it’s all gravy :)

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

I wasn’t aware there was a strong Irish presence here, that’s pretty cool :)[/quote:1g6tqmz8]
Haha, don’t get me wrong… There might be more Irish, but we don’t know really where everybody is from, when they don’t fill in their country, you know… Let’s say you are the Exploration Team and just behind you is the Irish Army of SP fans. :wink:

Well let’s hope for that anyway! Everybody is welcome on this small and humble board! 8)

Have fun here Cult Hero, nice to meet you. You should post 1 of the pics with you on it here, they are pretty cool. Kinda gothic you say? Noooo, not this person! :lol:

Profile photo of Superlordspamulon
On Superlordspamulon wrote:

TWENTY EIGHT SONGS?!?

Jeez…

Lucky sod!

:lol:

So apparently I don't post very often these days
Profile photo of anonymous
On Anonymous wrote:

Aye – aye, welcome aboard, fellow Pumpkin. :wink:

On Im a Cult Hero wrote:

You should post 1 of the pics with you on it here, they are pretty cool. Kinda gothic you say? Noooo, not this person! :lol:[/quote:3pu0pu1b]

Lol if I’m right about which photo’s your talking of, they are old photo’s, like 9 years ago old.
Ah my old goth/androgeny phase :P
I don’t really look like that anymore ;)

On blueczarina wrote:

So not goth then? :)

On Im a Cult Hero wrote:

Still into the music, but I’ve gotten too lazy to keep up the look :P

On blueczarina wrote:

so you listen to music besides the SP?

On Im a Cult Hero wrote:

Uh-oh…..I’ve been rumbled! :P
Yeah all the goth standards would be among my all time faves (but of course all below SP), The Cure, Joy Division, Bauhaus, Siouxsie & the Banshees, Sisters of Mercy etc. etc. :)

I just remembered a little random bit from the gig :
During the banter bit, Billy was giving out about bands using pro-tools to \"fix\" their music, \"We’re not like them\", then he asks everyone to raise their hands for whom this was their first SP gig, and he said \"and so now you know……we get this S*** done\" and threw up gang signs :P
Me and my friend constantly quote that bit to each other, still makes us laugh :p

On blueczarina wrote:

Thats cool. I like Joy Division and The Cure, some Siouxsie too. But less than Pumpkins of course. :lol:

Funny Billy bit. :)

billy is such a silly boy, i wonder what gang signs he threw up? :D

On blueczarina wrote:

i wonder to? do you have pics? :lol:

On Im a Cult Hero wrote:

I wasn’t able to see properly because of the angle he was at when he did it.
No didn’t manage to get it on camera.
He also did Jazz hands to My Blue Heaven and a weird kinda ballet style dance during Lindas keyboard solo :P

On blueczarina wrote:

funny :lol:

he looks silly when he dances

jazz hands!!! :lol:

i love that!!!

yes, billy dances like me, crazy and strange!

On blueczarina wrote:

speaking of billy’s dancing again, i am remided of the video for tarantula, he doesn’t have a guitar in front of him, so he has to move his hands all over, he just looks kinda uncofortable, and then he tosses the mic stand between hands, and then a second later does something with the mic stand again and the microphone falls off, and he laughs, i thought that was funny.

maybe that doesn’t have much to do with it at all, oh, this darn glue, get’s me all crazy

On blueczarina wrote:

Yeah, that video is not the greatest and it does seem kind of uncomfortable. And I don’t know if anyone agrees with me, but I kind of thought it was a cop-out with all the extras and the flashy colors. It just didn’t cut it when you consider some of their video masterpieces like Tonight,Tonight and Ava Adore (which he dances in too but it works). The Tarantula video was just kind of ok to me.

i agree, i liked the video for that’s the way much better. it was better than taurantula, not near as good as tonight tonight, but hey, i really like any video with billy in it. :wink:

On blueczarina wrote:

I agree. That’s The Way My Love Is was a much better video. It was still missing that extra something though, that would have taken it from a decent video to a really good one. His more recent videos just havn’t been as up to par as earlier efforts, except for Walking Shade. I love that one.

no argument here.

oh i still can’t get over the jazz hands!

On Im a Cult Hero wrote:

Found a video of some of the banter towards the end, including the bits I mentioned, looks like my memory isn’t quite so hot, It’s hard to tell but he doesn’t seem to throw up gang signs, but maybe he does *shrugs* I dunno.
(The then start playing Cherub Rock)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJdvFkT3y6g

Profile photo of Superlordspamulon
On Superlordspamulon wrote:

but hey, i really like any video with billy in it. :wink:[/quote:263hcmc4]

What about replicas of billy? Such as a porcelain head made up to look like Billy?

Because in that case, you should watch Starfuckers inc. by Nine Inch Nails :lol:

So apparently I don't post very often these days

no mostly just real billy. i have never seen that video, i might watch it. but i would watch billy read the phone book, so yeah any thing with real billy.

On Im a Cult Hero wrote:

Heres a few more random vids from the night :

\"Danny Boy\" & \"Today\"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czKRGiQGCfA

\"My Blue Heaven\" – The guy using the camera manages to completely miss the dancing bit, ansd cuts it off right before the last jazz hands (he also missed the first jazz hands at the start of the song)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_zyT4xjlXw

Now it looks like I’m making this stuff up :P

aww, you can’t controll the people with the cameras, i belive you, cause it sounds like stuff that silly billy would do.

Profile photo of anonymous
On Anonymous wrote:

Was there an American flag displayed at this show? I can’t recall off the top of my head…

I read somewhere that the flag’s been raised and lowered several times during gigs and it’s only a recent discovery.

On Im a Cult Hero wrote:

Nope, no flag for us, the venue was indoors and too small for them to bring the full stadium show out.

On Im a Cult Hero wrote:

Oh and I noticed you didn’t have a ticket for this one in the collection :

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In