SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: General

Topic: so guys- this has to be asked on this solemn day…

This topic contains 53 replies, has 5,239 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Sven Sven 8 years, 6 months ago.

On Sven wrote:

what does this mean for your place in the fandom and what does this mean for SPfreaks and the message boards/ online community?

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Profile photo of niteshyft
On niteshyft wrote:

I’ve been in the communities every time something big like this happened. The first time Jimmy left, the break up of the band. There will always be a community. The band may throw us through a hundred loops, but we’re all friends and we’re not going to split just because what brought us together has a few hiccups. :wink:

Profile photo of blueczarina
On blueczarina wrote:

true :wink: i’m feeling a little better now that some of the initial doomsday holy fuck has worn off. :wink:

Profile photo of Marcella
On Marcella wrote:

My brain won’t register this. I’m still in the doomsday holy fuck.

Fevrale dostat chernil i plakatPisat O Fevrale navsnrydPoka grohochushaya slyakotVesnoyu charnoyu gorit
Profile photo of anonymous
On Anonymous wrote:

:shock: I’ll still be here regardless, I wasn’t brought to this site because of Jimmy
Bad new for a Friday :(
Billy living it up in Vegas and now this…I feel a lot of confusion right now.
Crazy day in Pumpkinland

On Marcella wrote:

This was just the perfect ending for the worst day I’ve had in weeks.

I’ll still be here, I really like you guys too much, I feel so comfortable.

Fevrale dostat chernil i plakatPisat O Fevrale navsnrydPoka grohochushaya slyakotVesnoyu charnoyu gorit
On Anonymous wrote:

yeah this has been a shitty week. I quit my job and now Jimmy is out of SP all in the same week really? This couldn’t have waited until never…
damn I’m saddened.

On Marcella wrote:

I am too, Reggae. When it seems like things can’t go worse, they do.

I don’t know. I feel…numb.

Profile photo of last_rose_of_summer
On last_rose_of_summer wrote:

i will still be here too. we are friends now and the music will still be here even if the band is not. i like talking to you guys and gals :)

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

i will still be here too. we are friends now and the music will still be here even if the band is not. i like talking to you guys and gals :)[/quote:2mzxxmy8]
Roger that. And work on the online SP collection is never over also, so I will be around too. Besides, Billy Corgan will still record music under the name Smashing Pumpkins I presume.

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of Superlordspamulon
On Superlordspamulon wrote:

Huh. That sucks.

Pretty hard actually.

Does it even count as the Smashing Pumpkins anymore? I mean, BC/JC WERE the spine of the band. When Jimmy ‘quit’ last time (Adore) there was still D’Arcy and James to keep it as SP, and back with Zeitgeist you had the BC/JC team, it was still Pumpkins then.

But now? Fuck this sucks.

And also: No more albums, SP are now a ‘singles’ band, selling Today for a VISA add for fucks sake…

I’ve pretty much lost faith in the modern SP. It just isn’t SP anymore.

*edit* posted to the wrong topic, apparently. Saw this one, and thus the shitty news, before the other post. OH WELL.

So apparently I don't post very often these days
Profile photo of ObscureD
On ObscureD wrote:

I’ve pretty much lost faith in the modern SP. It just isn’t SP anymore.[/quote:10d08qtk]

+1

...Magnetic Happiness...
On blueczarina wrote:

i will still be here too. we are friends now and the music will still be here even if the band is not. i like talking to you guys and gals :)[/quote:1pi5d881]

i agree with that ^^ and although this still sucks major fucking ass i still love the SP and their solo stuff. plus i love talking to you guys, so i will still be here. this news did kill my day and i will still need a little time before i accept the reality. i’m getting there i guess though- no choice really. :roll:

i don’t know if i consider this to be the SP though anymore. i will count it as Billy solo though? i don’t know what i think about that yet. :|

Profile photo of Danni
Participant
On Danni wrote:

I just can’t see how he can’t drop the SP trademark (perhaps it’s worth to many $1000000?) and just settle for a new one. Zwan were awesome in every aspect. In the long-torm this will severely damage the trademark as it already has. This is a very sad \"ending\" to it all… You just have to let good things rest and not dig up the rotten corpses… I think Jimmy is going to do a kickass project now that he is finally \"free\", as he did with his solo work! :) ………… :cry:

On blueczarina wrote:

yeah, i like JCC!

i’m not sure what Billy’s plans are though or what will become of all of this. :?

Profile photo of Danni
Participant
On Danni wrote:

yeah, i like JCC!

i’m not sure what Billy’s plans are though or what will become of all of this. :?[/quote:wyhw70ym]

Yeah, the JCC is way too underrated :wink:

I really don’t know what Billy has in mind other than he is constantly making things hard on himself.

One day all the things he says makes perfect sense. The next day it don’t. It’s just impossible… :?

On blueczarina wrote:

yeah, maybe he doesn’t know anymore either? i don’t know. :? it is confusing.

On Marcella wrote:

I believe maybe he doesn’t know anymore.

He should drop this. I refuse to listen to Billy solo and see it as SP. It’s not. It’s over.

Of course I will follow everything Billy decides to do, but I won’t call it Smashing Pumpkins.

Whoa. This was so unexpected. =l

On blueczarina wrote:

i think we all just need time. i think i will see this more as Billy solo though too. :(

it just won’t be the same.

Profile photo of Tion
On Tion wrote:

i really dont know if the pumpkins exist right now with just one original member….

everything is perfect in disco- town.
Profile photo of toad32r
Participant
On toad32r wrote:

I wore all black today in mourning… say it ain’t so guys

Ribbit...Toad-----------------Toads are really underated!!
Profile photo of Superlordspamulon
On Superlordspamulon wrote:

All of your reactions are making me wonder what you’d have been like if they announced SP was splitting up completely.

So apparently I don't post very often these days
On blueczarina wrote:

probably the same :arrow: :cry: :cry: :cry:

On Anonymous wrote:

Billy can do it, I have confidence in him! Why couldn’t he? He created the name SP..now the live band is different, the lyrics and music that’s Billy except the drums that’s Jimmy, but didn’t Billy supposedly play the drums on I Am One, or was it a different Gish song? Or was that a Pumpkin joke?
I have no worries…
Keep em coming SP ;)

Profile photo of Danni
Participant
On Danni wrote:

i really dont know if the pumpkins exist right now with just one original member….[/quote:1qtq96pg]

Looks like Billy is becoming Axl II… Only original member left, struggling to survive with the band… pissed off at everyone? :?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In