SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Miscellaneous Forum

Topic: So my mum jost lost her job…

This topic contains 7 replies, has 1,051 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of some pumpkins some pumpkins 8 years, 1 month ago.

On some pumpkins wrote:

NHS, FUCK YEAH!

But seriously, this sucks so much. This is the first time (that I remember) that either of my parents have been unemployed. There has been a level of fear that my dad will be made redundant for a while now – he has basically no job security, but hasn’t really done anything else for ~25 years so hasn’t got many other valuable skills, AND he’s 50, so he hasn’t got amazing employment prospects. So I’ve suddenly got all this financial worry.

I’ve ALSO got a shitload of really important exams this week! Can anybody say stress?

So how was your day?

(And I know I haven’t been very active around her of late. Exams, you see)

So apparently I don't post very often these days
Profile photo of anonymous
On Anonymous wrote:

:( I’m sorry to hear that. Exams, no fun either.

Can we say Happy Monday :?
I hope everything works out..stay positive :D

Profile photo of Daysofthephoenix
On Daysofthephoenix wrote:

I hope everything goes well too. :D

My mom used to be unemployed and our family went into the poor house a couple of years back but we recovered. She does have a new job now.

So, I am sure everything will be fine just give it time.

Plus, it’s the beginnig of the week, everything gets better by the end of the weeek. :D

Like Reggaeluv said, the best thing is to stay positive even if you feel the opposite of that right now.

Give me the disk, Angela.Somewhere in the world, Dongsoo Kim loves you...Thirsting for God in a Land of Shallow Wells.365 Days of Winter!!!
Profile photo of blueczarina
On blueczarina wrote:

that’s too bad superlord. i hope everything gets better for you and your family. :( and i wish you the best of luck on your exams. :wink:

Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

yeah, what blue said. just focus on the exams for now. let your parents worry about the money. :?

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Pipoka
On Pipoka wrote:

that really sucks! you know that i’m trying to work for NHS after 5 months i have zero interviews to attend…

this economy crisis is afecting everyone everywhere…

focus on your exams, and try to stay positive. i know that is extremelly dificult but you have to.

Profile photo of last_rose_of_summer
On last_rose_of_summer wrote:

the others pretty much said what i would have said. i hope everything works out for your family! hugs!

Profile photo of some pumpkins
Participant
On some pumpkins wrote:

superlord, it’s just another recession. actually, it’s one mother of a recession that happens to be affecting the whole world. my mom’s been out for work for the last year and a half, but we’re getting by. its just another part of the cycle. things will definately get better. all you need is time. and good luck on the exams.

what's wrong with you is good for what's wrong with me

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In