SPfreaks Forum

 

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Collecting Items

Topic: Sometimes you’re lucky… Sometimes you’re not…

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2,211 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of manillascissor manillascissor 9 years, 6 months ago.

On manillascissor wrote:

A few minutes ago I received the shipping codes from the seller of this CD:

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

I purchased a 1979 Mixes promo online back in the day for $9. Turns out it was the rare FR Delabel promo! I was pretty excited about that one.

On the flipside, back in 1997 I paid someone $200 for a sealed Pisces 12\" + 7\" and Rocket 7\" in the box. He emailed me back and said that he had it all packaged up and ready to go and someone stole it off his desk. Good part, he did give me a full refund. But that was a real let down that day.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
Moderator
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

some of my worst ebay experiences were:
– a fake drown promo (got a refund in the end, but still lost a lot of money and energy on it; i think i still got some scans i could upload to spfreaks.com)
– a broken live in chicago 23.10.95 promo cd (remember, arthur? – i never got a refund; the seller declared that it was not his fault that a cd merely packed in a simple envelope did not survive the trip; luckily i only paid about 20 euros for it)
– a live earth promo, clearly fake; worst quality ever (what a waste of empty cd-rs, stamps and energy; still haven’t received the refund i was promised… hmmm…)

there’s more, but this is what i thought of first.

Profile photo of bleedingtheorchid
Member
On BleedingTheOrchid wrote:

uhm im not sure if i should tell this. well lets go anyway bacause it has nothing to do with pumpkins anyway. once in amsterdam i wanted to buy mobile phone and some negroes on the street sold me one for 75 gulden thats like 35 euro i guess. they gave me a bag with something heavy inside and then the police came they shout and ran away and inside the bag was just a brick of stone

i guess i wasnt ripped off much with collecting pumpkins cds and so on but i never forget that brick in a bag grrrrr!

Emptiness is loneliness, and loneliness is cleanlinessAnd cleanliness is godliness, and god is empty just like meIntoxicated with the madness, I'm in love with my sadness
Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

uhm im not sure if i should tell this. well lets go anyway bacause it has nothing to do with pumpkins anyway. once in amsterdam i wanted to buy mobile phone and some negroes on the street sold me one for 75 gulden thats like 35 euro i guess. they gave me a bag with something heavy inside and then the police came they shout and ran away and inside the bag was just a brick of stone

i guess i wasnt ripped off much with collecting pumpkins cds and so on but i never forget that brick in a bag grrrrr![/quote:3tm1615k]

what kind of reception did it get?

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Superlordspamulon
Member
On Superlordspamulon wrote:

what kind of reception did it get?[/quote:2nnzuxrh] I guess it depended on how high he threw it :P

So apparently I don't post very often these days
Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:
what kind of reception did it get?[/quote:36as2mks] I guess it depended on how high he threw it :P[/quote:36as2mks]

:lol:

in my time of dying
Profile photo of bleedingtheorchid
Member
On BleedingTheOrchid wrote:

yea yea yea yea i was soooo pissed you wouldnt believe it! :evil:

Emptiness is loneliness, and loneliness is cleanlinessAnd cleanliness is godliness, and god is empty just like meIntoxicated with the madness, I'm in love with my sadness
Profile photo of toad32r
Participant
On toad32r wrote:

Not a real rarity, i know, but i went to a antique store the other day, and found an unopened Aeroplane Flies High box set. It said…$35.00 FIRM on it….its mine now…lol

Ribbit...Toad-----------------Toads are really underated!!
Profile photo of toad32r
Participant
On toad32r wrote:

Oh, by the way, found it hilarious that it was at a antique store!!!!(?)

Ribbit...Toad-----------------Toads are really underated!!
Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

That’s quite odd toad, lol!!!!

And $35 firm? WTF? It went for $35.99 retail when released. You saved 99 cents plus tax! Good job!

in my time of dying
Profile photo of bleedingtheorchid
Member
On BleedingTheOrchid wrote:

Oh, by the way, found it hilarious that it was at a antique store!!!!(?)[/quote:3tdfji98]

:lol:

Emptiness is loneliness, and loneliness is cleanlinessAnd cleanliness is godliness, and god is empty just like meIntoxicated with the madness, I'm in love with my sadness
Profile photo of rocket baby dolls
Member
On Rocket Baby Dolls wrote:

I got my TAFH box quite early in my collecting \"career?\", i got it at quite a bargain price, it wasn’t very descriptive on the ebay description but still…

It all arrived, every CD was there and in great condition, the book was a little frayed but i didn’t mind, it was mine, ALL MINE!!!… ahem.

But on the sticker under the lid, the seller had attempted to draw the TAFH booklet aeroplane and the SP heart very badly, then scribbled it out in thick marker. Ah well, i’m putting off buying a better condition one as i have this one, there’s no rush.

Not exactly rare, but i bought the Singles soundtrack CD for the bargain price of £1, it turned up scratched, in a slim jewel case and no back cover.

So far i’ve been fairly lucky, especially since probably the worst incident i’ve encountered myself, my own stupidity really. I bought a couple of items of on ebay user. He emailed me after the bid saying he had rare items he wanted to sell. So i asked him what and he replied with such items such as the first metro cd from the last metro and some other highly sort after and rare items. So i sent him $200 in the post, excited about getting ahold of some really rare items all at once. The origina items i bought on ebay arrived fine. The ones he emailed me about didn’t, i never heard from him again and he dissapeared off of ebay shortly afterwards.

I have learnt my lesson.

Profile photo of toad32r
Participant
On toad32r wrote:

A couple of old finds yesterday… nothing super rare, but still… Peel Sessions CD at a used music store for $2.50 and the I AM One single CD for $2.50. I havent seen Peel Sessions in a while(I already owned it, but for $2.50, i bought it) Someone stole my Siamese Dream CD, gonna have to go buy a new one this weekend!!

Ribbit...Toad-----------------Toads are really underated!!
Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

So far i’ve been fairly lucky, especially since probably the worst incident i’ve encountered myself, my own stupidity really. I bought a couple of items of on ebay user. He emailed me after the bid saying he had rare items he wanted to sell. So i asked him what and he replied with such items such as the first metro cd from the last metro and some other highly sort after and rare items. So i sent him $200 in the post, excited about getting ahold of some really rare items all at once. The origina items i bought on ebay arrived fine. The ones he emailed me about didn’t, i never heard from him again and he dissapeared off of ebay shortly afterwards.

I have learnt my lesson.[/quote:3kah7i0f]

What an asshole!!!! I had a guy offer me the BR Siamese Dream 12", after I bought a BR CD from him and it actually worked out. But I rarely do that.

Recently, I bid on the MCIS dawn to dusk US acetate CD. EXTREMELY RARE. Well, I got outbid. So the seller emailed me a few days later saying the other guy didn’t want it. Asked me if I’d honor my bid, I came down like $50 and asked him to list the item under a code we both came up with for BuyItNow. So both parties were covered. Just a suggestion if you ever run into similar situation again. If they won’t do that, then it’s not worth the risk!

in my time of dying

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

×
 
 
×
 
  • Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In

×