SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: General

Topic: Song 5 \"Freak\" is available now

This topic contains 15 replies, has 1,802 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Daysofthephoenix Daysofthephoenix 7 years, 3 months ago.

On Daysofthephoenix wrote:

http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/player/ … cit%29.mp3

8)
loving this one a lot!

Profile photo of amnesia
On amnesia wrote:

I love it too. 8)

In loving memory of Bimbolin.
Profile photo of marigold
Participant
On marigold wrote:

best song from TbK so far :D

Profile photo of amnesia
On amnesia wrote:

best song from TbK so far :D[/quote:sxxsjd15]

Almost, i still think Song for a son is the best one so far. :P

In loving memory of Bimbolin.
Profile photo of Daysofthephoenix

It’s the only song from Teargarden that I have listened to now more than 5 times in a row.

I really call it a success plus it’s actually pretty good. :D

Give me the disk, Angela.Somewhere in the world, Dongsoo Kim loves you...Thirsting for God in a Land of Shallow Wells.365 Days of Winter!!!
Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

bah. first listen, this song sorta doesn’t do it for me.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Danni
Participant
On Danni wrote:

I don’t know. Pretty decent, I guess…

Profile photo of blueczarina
On blueczarina wrote:

its a show of improvement. i don’t mind it, especially when you consider stuff like WWMM. its pretty good.

Profile photo of Sven
Participant
On Sven wrote:

while i totally didn’t care for the first batch of four songs, this one does show a return to form…

there’s a lot of Zwan going on in here and a Zeitgeist-era groove and passion in rock…

it’s still a little bit too repetitive for my taste; but, it’s a great groover from the Corgan file nonetheless…

a little bit of a shame Mike doesn’t really exactly shine on this track, but keeping the beat; a little bit of Geek USA magic (basically too a well-constructed pretty groover riff and nothing more, made great by ferocious drumming) would have propelled this track to greatness… still: it’s the best so far from the Teargarden bunch… pretty damn solid!

Profile photo of last_rose_of_summer
On last_rose_of_summer wrote:

best song from TbK so far :D[/quote:3ftf5xd1]

I agree!

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

I’m putting it close to the #1 position of the Teargarden songs, after Song For A Son.

It’s quite good, indeed, but it doesn’t blow me away like many other Smashing Pumpkins songs do. In Song For A Son I can feel the emotion under the skin, the frustration around the corner, the hidden rage… But that’s the only song so far (post-Zeitgeist) that makes me feel like that. Freak is not on that level.

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of some pumpkins
Participant
On some pumpkins wrote:

it’s growing on me

what's wrong with you is good for what's wrong with me
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

it’s growing on me[/quote:2039hqoz]
Same here. I’m playing it over and over today again. I’m gonna try to promote it on 3FM radio here in NL. :)

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of some pumpkins
Participant
On some pumpkins wrote:
it’s growing on me[/quote:pufikxb1]
Same here. I’m playing it over and over today again. I’m gonna try to promote it on 3FM radio here in NL. :)[/quote:pufikxb1]

i hear its getting airplay on la radio too. im loving this song now by the way.

what's wrong with you is good for what's wrong with me
Profile photo of Voidhanger
Participant
On Voidhanger wrote:

I quite like it; I think I like it more than most of the songs on the first EP, but \"A Stitch in Time\" is still my favourite from the Teargarden by Kaleidyscope series so far. Why do I have a feeling I’m alone on that?

Profile photo of Daysofthephoenix

You’re not alone on that, I think it’s the best song so far after listening to them all in a row. :D
Definitely a lot of creativity and effort put into that song.

I just haven’t gotten into Song for a Son that much.

Give me the disk, Angela.Somewhere in the world, Dongsoo Kim loves you...Thirsting for God in a Land of Shallow Wells.365 Days of Winter!!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In