SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Collecting Items

Topic: South Africa kinda sucks

This topic contains 8 replies, has 1,058 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream Cool As Ice Cream 7 years, 3 months ago.

On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

Well I went on a miniture quest to find some South African CDs this week. I actually found 3 very reputable dealers online, that carried ZA Pumpkins inventory. Problem?

South Africa is apparently not allowed to ship outside of it’s country. I’m not sure if this is only for music media or what, but it applied to CDs and was the same across all three sites. I think this is why ZA pressings are so hard to come by. Maybe some sort of international trading law….? I don’t know, but it’s very frustrating for a collector!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream

you should try to find someone who lives there and can order them from those sites and ship them to you. (or just buy them in a store and send them.)

Profile photo of blueczarina
On blueczarina wrote:

if stores can’t can people ship out of South Africa?

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

They hide tons and tons of illegal ivory in South Africa, and ship if it everywhere (especially to Japan and China) so a few cds to the US (and for that matter to the EU too) shouldn’t be much of a problem I guess… :wink:

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."

i think they can. it might not be legal, but i doubt there’s a big chance of getting caught. but for online stores it’s different: they don’t want to take any risk.
it’s the same thing with import taxes: big online stores always put the correct information on the package (\"commercial\" + exact price), smaller stores or people selling on ebay normally don’t worry about marking a package as a \"gift\".

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Hurray! (I hope…) I finally found a store in South Africa that claims to be allowed to do international deliveries AND that has a few dozen different Smashing Pumpkins CDs & DVDs. I’m inquiring them for ZA pressed items… Keep you posted! 8)

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."

ooh, nice!

hopefully they still have ZA pressed items. it wouldn’t surprise me if they only got imported re-releases these days.

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

They claim to have in stock, locally produced:

-Rotten Apples CDVIR 575 (on our site already)
-Zeitgeist (new discovery!!! but not a huge suprise… :lol: ) WBCD 2152

so only relatively recent releases.
no sign of earphoria?

and do you know if they have older sp releases, and if so, what version that is (since it’s not ZA)?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In