SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: General

Topic: SP subscription?

This topic contains 201 replies, has 17,648 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of anonymous Anonymous 8 years, 3 months ago.

On confuciousconfusing wrote:

Hey guys, check this out if you haven’t:

http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/pages/b … hives-blog

So what do you think this will be and how will it work, and who’s interested? :P

I’m definately on it! :D

Profile photo of blueczarina
On blueczarina wrote:

i’m not sure what they have in mind for the subscription, but i will sign up for it for sure! :) it looks cool and i want to see what hidden treasures Billy has in there. 8)

Profile photo of Marcella
On Marcella wrote:

Sounds interesting, I’ll subscribe for sure.

Fevrale dostat chernil i plakatPisat O Fevrale navsnrydPoka grohochushaya slyakotVesnoyu charnoyu gorit
On blueczarina wrote:

just up

http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/pages/n … -available

you can sign up now

On blueczarina wrote:

if you get a weird email verification invalid address thing i thinks its because it already has you in the system because you are signed up for the SP newsletter that rarely appears. :wink:

just click that orange bit about updating and put in your user name and password to be sure your in and it works.

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Of course I did sign up, duhhh… There should be tons of stuffs coming that we don’t have on SPfreaks.com yet! 8)

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of Marcella
On Marcella wrote:

Yay, I am in. Can’t wait to receive something.

Fevrale dostat chernil i plakatPisat O Fevrale navsnrydPoka grohochushaya slyakotVesnoyu charnoyu gorit
Profile photo of amnesia
On amnesia wrote:

I hope i did it right.If i hear you guys go nuts about something crazy, and i dont, im pretty sure i fucked something up with that subscription. :P

In loving memory of Bimbolin.
Profile photo of anonymous
On Anonymous wrote:

I signed up. Who wouldn’t sign up?
I’m so excited for this :D

On Anonymous wrote:

:lol: :lol:
You are receiving this email because you have (or someone pretending to be you has) signed up to the following:
– Smashing Pumpkins Email List
– Smashing Pumpkins Site

That is one funny email

Profile photo of amnesia
On amnesia wrote:

😆 :lol:
You are receiving this email because you have (or someone pretending to be you has) signed up to the following:
– Smashing Pumpkins Site

That is one funny email[/quote:221u3yev]

Yes, that was the same respons i got as well.
I thought i fucked it up, but guess i did not.

On Anonymous wrote:
😆 :lol:
– Smashing Pumpkins Site

That is one funny email[/quote:gy2hc18w]

Yes, that was the same respons i got as well.
I thought i fucked it up, but guess i did not.[/quote:gy2hc18w]
:lol: maybe we did ;)

On blueczarina wrote:

here it is:

Hello SP World!!

Welcome to the first edition of the Archives Newsletter! I’m planning on writing a blog and newsletter once a week. The first thing that I want to talk to you about is my job and what we’re doing. As a fan of the band for many years, I have always hoped the band would release old shows and demos. There are a lot of misconceptions out there that it would be so easy for the band to release (insert title here) show or demo. Now being on the other side, I can see that it is a lot more difficult to do that. There is a large process that we have to go through in order to get a recording ready to release. Looking through the archive, there is an overwhelming number of live and studio recordings. The first thing we have to do find something that is worthy of release. Since Billy has been focused on new things, work with the archive has been slow. This is where I come in. My job is to work in the archive and work on finding the best items to release. There is a lot to choose from. Some of the items being discussed are the 12/2/00 Metro show and the unfinished Adore Documentary. Aside from those two things, there is a mountain of great stuff. In the coming weeks, I’m going to be giving updates on the treasures I find.

The next subject that I want to talk about is the process on how to deliver this stuff to you. I want to expand on Billy’s idea of a subscription service that I mentioned in the blog. Going through and finding material that is suitable for release is a very in-depth process. The idea of a subscription service is where you can sign up for a yearly subscription, and in return you will receive a guaranteed number of tracks and releases. These releases will be from all eras of the band. Some items may not be up to the quality of a professional release, and may be rawer sounding. This could mean a track of the band rehearsing that might not sound good enough for the general population, but Billy might say that it would be good for the subscription service. We would put it up because that is the only version of that song. This is for the type of fan that is interested in getting unreleased live and studio tracks. This is the Holy Grail. One example is that you’ll pay $300 for the subscription, and we’ll give you 200 releases. For those of you who don’t want to sign up for a subscription, we’ll still sell some material to you, but the subscription members will get it first. If you don’t want to purchase anything, we are also looking at distributing some material for free. Basically, if you want to get everything, you want to take a look at the subscription service.

The reason why we’re talking about a subscription model is that if the band just releases individual shows for sale, we wouldn’t have a budget to work with to make it a long-term project. The subscription service would automatically give us a budget to prepare and distribute material to you. If you have any ideas or comments about the subscription service, please let me know. My e-mail is frank@smashingpumpkins.com. If you’re on the message board, please voice your opinion on the SP Archive Project Forum in the Live Recordings/Collecting/Trading forum.

Frank
[/quote:289krzz3]

so $300 huh :?: :roll: hmmm, yeah *cough* SP fans aren’t millionaires. :roll:

Profile photo of Danni
Participant
On Danni wrote:

here it is:

Hello SP World!!

Welcome to the first edition of the Archives Newsletter! I’m planning on writing a blog and newsletter once a week. The first thing that I want to talk to you about is my job and what we’re doing. As a fan of the band for many years, I have always hoped the band would release old shows and demos. There are a lot of misconceptions out there that it would be so easy for the band to release (insert title here) show or demo. Now being on the other side, I can see that it is a lot more difficult to do that. There is a large process that we have to go through in order to get a recording ready to release. Looking through the archive, there is an overwhelming number of live and studio recordings. The first thing we have to do find something that is worthy of release. Since Billy has been focused on new things, work with the archive has been slow. This is where I come in. My job is to work in the archive and work on finding the best items to release. There is a lot to choose from. Some of the items being discussed are the 12/2/00 Metro show and the unfinished Adore Documentary. Aside from those two things, there is a mountain of great stuff. In the coming weeks, I’m going to be giving updates on the treasures I find.

The next subject that I want to talk about is the process on how to deliver this stuff to you. I want to expand on Billy’s idea of a subscription service that I mentioned in the blog. Going through and finding material that is suitable for release is a very in-depth process. The idea of a subscription service is where you can sign up for a yearly subscription, and in return you will receive a guaranteed number of tracks and releases. These releases will be from all eras of the band. Some items may not be up to the quality of a professional release, and may be rawer sounding. This could mean a track of the band rehearsing that might not sound good enough for the general population, but Billy might say that it would be good for the subscription service. We would put it up because that is the only version of that song. This is for the type of fan that is interested in getting unreleased live and studio tracks. This is the Holy Grail. One example is that you’ll pay $300 for the subscription, and we’ll give you 200 releases. For those of you who don’t want to sign up for a subscription, we’ll still sell some material to you, but the subscription members will get it first. If you don’t want to purchase anything, we are also looking at distributing some material for free. Basically, if you want to get everything, you want to take a look at the subscription service.

The reason why we’re talking about a subscription model is that if the band just releases individual shows for sale, we wouldn’t have a budget to work with to make it a long-term project. The subscription service would automatically give us a budget to prepare and distribute material to you. If you have any ideas or comments about the subscription service, please let me know. My e-mail is frank@smashingpumpkins.com. If you’re on the message board, please voice your opinion on the SP Archive Project Forum in the Live Recordings/Collecting/Trading forum.

Frank
[/quote:1i00p3n2]

so $300 huh :?: :roll: hmmm, yeah *cough* SP fans aren’t millionaires. :roll:[/quote:1i00p3n2]

Right :!: I thought this as well. :shock:

On blueczarina wrote:

yeah, that’s pretty damn steep. that’s a bill right there. i hope he comes up with a better idea. :roll: plus really this stuff will be traded on torrents sites and the like as soon as it arrives, so if you want people to actually pay lower the price.

i really don’t think i could pull that fee off in one shot plus pay for school, etc. :roll:

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

If it is digital only, I’m not even going to pay anything, and I will withdraw my subscription.

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
On blueczarina wrote:

that would be even more lame if it was all digital. :roll:

Profile photo of amnesia
On amnesia wrote:

300 bucks is indeed much, but again its just an example.
If it really will cost 300, you will get 200 releases, that sounds decent.
Lets us just see what will happiend. :wink:

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

If it really will cost 300, you will get 200 releases, that sounds decent.[/quote:21ccpitw]
Maybe, maybe not. For digital only releases I think it stinks, as it are "only" unreleased b-sides and other stuffs that were not worthwhile putting on any album or EP or b-sides compilation. All those albums with their songs on it were properly mastered and promoted and all, and are available for 99 cents per song/download. Those new songs to be released will cost US$ 1.50 each, and I really wonder if they will be properly mastered and all. You get the picture…

But for me it’s not the money really, as for good songs from my favourite band I’m willing to pay good bucks, if it is something exclusive/rare. But I’m not going to pay anything for a fukken download I cannot hold in my hand, that is not released with some proper artwork and all! So I really hope they will do the same as with the 20th Anniversary Tour: released on FLAC/MP3 and CD.

Profile photo of Pipoka
On Pipoka wrote:

Like another portuguese poster said in sp.com forum, no way that we can pay that amount of money.
We live in another reality in here, that is just a lot of money…. to spend in this. I would buy if I could, it’s not that I think it doesn’t worth it. But I just can’t….

Profile photo of amnesia
On amnesia wrote:

Yeah that sucks Pip, i saw that post as well. :(

I know for sure, im on the boat for sure when it sails to the vault.

Profile photo of Superlordspamulon
On Superlordspamulon wrote:

Given that iTunes releases studio, full length songs for 99p, I think this is a rip off.

Frankly, I wouldn’t even consider it if it was over $50/year.

So apparently I don't post very often these days
Profile photo of amnesia
On amnesia wrote:

Given that iTunes releases studio, full length songs for 99p, I think this is a rip off.

Frankly, I wouldn’t even consider it if it was over $50/year.[/quote:1nqen6lb]

Then i guess you goin to download it from a torrent site or something.

On blueczarina wrote:

that’s my plan ^^ :roll: too pricey.

Profile photo of amnesia
On amnesia wrote:

300 bucks is much, but hey, there is no price on it yet, lets see what happiens.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In