SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Collecting Items

Topic: SP Vinyl: Chicago Tapes And Unreleased Demos

This topic contains 15 replies, has 6,448 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of anonymous Anonymous 8 years ago.

On Dazey wrote:

I bumped into this vinyl on eBay… :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie … 0336524186

\"SMASHING PUMPKINS – CHICAGO TAPES & UNRELEASED DEMOS 2XLP VERY HEAVY BLACK VINYL\"

\"THIS LOOKS LIKE SOME EUROPEAN FAN CLUB ISSUE\"

\"Cat# TRL 1295 4259 LP\"

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of mr.benway
Participant
On mr.benway wrote:

Oooops, all 5 available are sold.

Hmmm. Strange. Very strange.

Vinyl bootlegs are very uncommon these days.
Price was ok for a bootleg (esp. vinyl), mcis 3lp bootleg is always 60$ or more.
I think it’s a new bootleg so we see some more in the next few weeks.

@Arthur: You’re back into pumpkins auctions? I hope your are doing well.

Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

I think it’s a new bootleg so we see some more in the next few weeks.[/quote:36gn5kc4]
Agreed.

Profile photo of some pumpkins
Participant
On some pumpkins wrote:

i bought one

what's wrong with you is good for what's wrong with me
Profile photo of Danni
Participant
On Danni wrote:

I’m very curious on the sound quality of this one. Can someone please report the sound quality when recieving it?

Thanx.

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

@Arthur: You’re back into pumpkins auctions? I hope your are doing well.[/quote:3udrtdgm]
Yeah, doing well, but still not buying SP, I’m on a tight budget untill I have more certainty about the future. Thanks for asking… :wink:

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:
I think it’s a new bootleg so we see some more in the next few weeks.[/quote:3kidvr5j]
Agreed.[/quote:3kidvr5j]
Confirmed, here you go!

http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie … 0336811816

I’m very curious on the sound quality of this one. Can someone please report the sound quality when recieving it?

Thanx.[/quote:3h3dv2xo]
haven’t heard it, and i don’t plan to, but i’m certain that it will suck. the people who made this bootleg got the music online, or on a bootleg cd. as a result, it cannot possibly sound any better than what can be found online or on one of those cds.

Profile photo of Danni
Participant
On Danni wrote:

Thanx.[/quote:2yfo1866]
haven’t heard it, and i don’t plan to, but i’m certain that it will suck. the people who made this bootleg got the music online, or on a bootleg cd. as a result, it cannot possibly sound any better than what can be found online or on one of those cds.[/quote:2yfo1866]

Thanks, Bram. That’s just what I thought. I don’t even know if it’s worth that twenty-something dollars plus shipping? :roll:

Participant
On some pumpkins wrote:

free shipping

still not worth it, in my opinion.

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

free shipping[/quote:1vwxr6sc]
And free crappy copy-paste artwork, but: "VERY HEAVY BLACK VINYL"

I agree with Cool.

Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

i bought one[/quote:3t83tk2v]

did you receive this yet? can you provide scans? and maybe an overall assessment of the package…?

in my time of dying
Participant
On some pumpkins wrote:
i bought one[/quote:26u98fiu]

did you receive this yet? can you provide scans? and maybe an overall assessment of the package…?[/quote:26u98fiu]

yes.
i also plan on sending in a scan of
this [url:26u98fiu]http://www.spfreaks.com/default.aspx?page=COLLDETAILS&item=1539[/url:26u98fiu]
this [url:26u98fiu]http://www.spfreaks.com/default.aspx?page=COLLDETAILS&item=2123[/url:26u98fiu] if you want one
this [url:26u98fiu]http://cgi.ebay.com/Smashing-Pumpkins-Obscured-Soothe-Mayonaise-12_W0QQitemZ370272082195QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusic_on_Vinyl?hash=item5635ef9913[/url:26u98fiu]
and the kid capri vinyl
im just waiting on the machina boot vinyl to arrive

Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

all are most welcome. can’t believe we are still scanning shit in. 20 years later. :shock:

in my time of dying
Profile photo of anonymous
On Anonymous wrote:

I’m still hoping Auf der Maur will make an appearance. :wink: I appreciate it could take some time of course. :)

I have one of those ^ vinyls, actually very nice, imho. Bought on a whim and pleasantly surprised…

There’s a few things I’ve acquired that aren’t on the Database yet, so I’m hoping to organise some scanning myself in the near future.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In