SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Trading Items

Topic: SPfreaks’ Epic Live Compilation

This topic contains 135 replies, has 30,128 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mr.benway mr.benway 8 years, 4 months ago.

On mr.benway wrote:

I have an idea, just checking if you are with me or not.

I have collected almost all available Smashing Pumpkins concerts that were recorded, it must be like close to 700 in total now. I always love to listen to the looooong epic songs of 10 minutes or longer, with the quiet moments, with the raging moments, with the rants, with the screams, with the guitars, with the drums, with the introspective poetry of Billy… well, there is a lot to enjoy in those songs. What if I pick my best epic live song from each year (1989/1990 till 2000 + 2007 & 2008), and provide a MP3 download here? Would that be appreciated?

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of anonymous
On Anonymous wrote:

Nice idea, A, there’s always performances that are new to somebody and it’s swish seeing what others favour, etc. :)

Could I recommend some versions of Zoom if you have them, they’re super-spandangly. :twisted:

\\m/

On Anonymous wrote:

OMG yes!!! that would be awesome :)

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Nice idea, A, there’s always performances that are new to somebody and it’s swish seeing what others favour, etc. :)

Could I recommend some versions of Zoom if you have them, they’re super-spandangly. :twisted:

\\m/[/quote:1dv17c0m]
Dazey, PLEASE do advice! I begged thou on da nees! 8)

Because it’s a hell of a job, listening to the best version of each year (which mostly come from the booties I guess). Then I want to do:

The Best Epic Smashing Pumpkins Live Song Of The Year ….

as a download for us to enjoy. Starting with the early years, going up to 2008. Each year 1 song only. One year it can be I Am One, the other year it can be Transmission. Trying to avoid to have the same song twice of course. I think you guys get the picture, so if any of you can advice me here in this topic on a certain date or at least the name of the song, then I would love to check that out.

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of bullettwoutbutterflywings
On bullettwoutbutterflywings wrote:

yep yep, would be greatly apreciated!!

"shiny, let's be bad guys"--jayne cobb-the hero of canton
Profile photo of amnesia
On amnesia wrote:

Yes sounds like a great idea :)

In loving memory of Bimbolin.
On Anonymous wrote:

\\m/[/quote:18217cxk]
Dazey, PLEASE do advice! I begged thou on da nees! 8)

Because it’s a hell of a job, listening to the best version of each year (which mostly come from the booties I guess). Then I want to do:

The Best Epic Smashing Pumpkins Live Song Of The Year ….

as a download for us to enjoy. Starting with the early years, going up to 2008. Each year 1 song only. One year it can be I Am One, the other year it can be Transmission. Trying to avoid to have the same song twice of course. I think you guys get the picture, so if any of you can advice me here in this topic on a certain date or at least the name of the song, then I would love to check that out.[/quote:18217cxk]

On your feet, Soldier. :)

I’m upping a nice remastered Zoom to start things off (as I happen to have some goodies to hand).

In future some 2000 shows would be swish, there’s some great versions of Ava Adore and Perfect around, for example. 8)

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

OK, we can do more than 1 song per year also, and have them in a random order. :lol:

We just post them in here, with this title (just an example), so every downloader can find it easily:

The Best Epic Smashing Pumpkins Live Song Of The Year 1998: Transmission

On Anonymous wrote:

Sowee to throw a curve ball straight into the grinder. :lol:

Pretend I was never here. :wink:

===

SP’s Zoom – 8th January 1997, Vancouver, Canada:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8fwght

At 4:30 in, turn the volume up waaay loud and rawk awn.

\"Departure time always, arrival time, never.\"

Profile photo of blueczarina
On blueczarina wrote:

thanks Dazey. :)

this sounds like a neat idea guys. :wink: i always like to hear awesome live audio.

thanks dazey, i will rawk on!!

and arthur, great idea.

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

And here is my epic 1988 download for you guys. The earliest of the early epics, it’s even without Jimmy Chamberlin on drums! It is from that little period of almost a year when they still had a drum machine. Billy even rants a bit about (not) having a drummer in this epic classic.

The Best Epic Smashing Pumpkins Live Song Of The Year 1988: Nothing And Everything.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/agove4

(recorded at 1988/08/10 Avalon Chicago, from a tape that Billy Corgan gave to Eric Agnew.)

On blueczarina wrote:

thanks Arthur. i love that song. :P

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Last one for today, the live saga continues with 1989! I have always been very fond of this absolute live rarity. Actually I’m hoping this song will get a place on the Gish box set. I’m having my fingers crossed for that…

The Best Epic Smashing Pumpkins Live Song Of The Year 1989: Alabaster.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ttim78

(recorded at 1989/04/30 Cabaret Metro Chicago.)

On blueczarina wrote:

ooh, another. thanks Arthur- downloading it now. :)

Profile photo of amnesia
On amnesia wrote:

i never heard about a song called Alabaster.Getting it now.Thanks Arthur :)

thanks arthur. i am dling both now.

On blueczarina wrote:

i’ve heard of it, but didn’t have it yet. i keep a print out of a spfc song list and highlight which songs i have so i guess i get to check off another. :wink:

Profile photo of amnesia
On amnesia wrote:

I really enjoy Transmission as well. I would not mind listing to the 35 min long version of Gossamer,i got the a 24 min version here only and im actually listening to it now as i write this :wink:

Profile photo of Daysofthephoenix
On Daysofthephoenix wrote:

I really like Nothing and Everything but I don’t think i’ve ever heard of Alabaster so I think I’ll download that one. But it might take forever since my computer is extremely slow. :(

Thank you Arthur

Give me the disk, Angela.Somewhere in the world, Dongsoo Kim loves you...Thirsting for God in a Land of Shallow Wells.365 Days of Winter!!!
Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

posting this as a caveat:

i’m more into studio, not live, so i won’t be participating. i don’t have much to share or much opinion anyway.

rock on though!!!

in my time of dying
On blueczarina wrote:

I really like Nothing and Everything but I don’t think i’ve ever heard of Alabaster so I think I’ll download that one. But it might take forever since my computer is extremely slow. :(

Thank you Arthur[/quote:cykuc5zt]

my computer is slower than shit too so welcome to the club. :? :wink:

i use the orbit downloader though, which i think Dazey suggested awhile back in another thread of goodies. it works good and downloads faster.

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

posting this as a caveat:

i’m more into studio, not live, so i won’t be participating. i don’t have much to share or much opinion anyway.

rock on though!!![/quote:xt8zqc2e]
You don’t know what you’re missing out on… :wink:

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

I really enjoy Transmission as well. I would not mind listing to the 35 min long version of Gossamer,i got the a 24 min version here only and im actually listening to it now as i write this :wink:[/quote:jmz3evyu]
Transmission will (most probably) be provided in the 1998 post, be patient, we’ll get there. :wink:

And that 30 minutes Gossamer is on my list for 2007 indeed, but there is strong competition…

On blueczarina wrote:
I really enjoy Transmission as well. I would not mind listing to the 35 min long version of Gossamer,i got the a 24 min version here only and im actually listening to it now as i write this :wink:[/quote:y84uubvq]
Transmission will (most probably) be provided in the 1998 post, be patient, we’ll get there. :wink:

And that 30 minutes Gossamer is on my list for 2007 indeed, but there is strong competition…[/quote:y84uubvq]

noooo, not Superchrist.

hehe :lol:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In