SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Collecting Items

Topic: TAFH – ??? Mine is sorta odd

This topic contains 19 replies, has 1,974 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Arthur Arthur 9 years, 5 months ago.

On Arthur wrote:

Very new to this place. Quite cool I might add!

Now to the point, I have a TAFH box set. The odd thing about it is that the booklet that comes with it is punched wrong, the two rivets are on the right side of the book. So if you open it up you cant read all the words because the run into where the book is binded and you cant read it.

Has anyone come across something similar to this before? If anyone is interested I can put up a scan and a picture of it at somepoint.

Thanks for looking and taking the time. I will be around from now on!

Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

I believe that’s referred to as a misprint. Making your set quite strange, odd, and rare.

Value wise???? Not a big deal, really. To me anyway.

BUT, having said that, please submit scans and continue to post here. WELCOME!

in my time of dying
Profile photo of seayountea
On seayountea wrote:

Thanks and Ill get on those scans right now since there is interest!

On seayountea wrote:

<a href="http://imageshack.us:153ruq5k][/url:153ruq5k”>

Profile photo of blueczarina
On blueczarina wrote:

you have to shrink it down using tiny pic or something otherwise it screws up the board, but your new so thats ok, just shrink and edit your post

welcome to the board :)

On blueczarina wrote:

that is weird though :wink:

On blueczarina wrote:

oops double post

On seayountea wrote:

Sorry bout the size there! But yeah I always thought it was wierd. I have never seen another one like it and have never heard of others with the same thing. I thought surely there would have been a batch of mess ups but I guess not. Oh well its special!

On blueczarina wrote:

thats ok about the size thing- now you know :wink:

that is pretty strange though- i guess you do have something special :)

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Hahaha, what a funny misprint seayountea! Never heard of such a misprint… I have to go with manillascissor, it’s a cool misprint, but collectors-wise maybe not that valuable… But again, very funny!

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
On seayountea wrote:

I always thought it was unique! I got it as a gift from a girl friend in 2002 I think. I had wanted it since the day I first saw it when I was 13 but alas back then no cash. Mine isnt the best quality ever, the card that comes with it that has all the tracklistings on the back of the box is gone as is the owner card that is in the top of the lid. I guess when the person sold it they ripped it out because you can still see the imprint of their address if you look closely. I think they were from Arizona. I think mine is from the first pressing because my hinges are of the stylish kind with that sort of butterfly logo on the top and bottom of them.

Sure its sort of cool and all but …. I really really wanted to read that book!….I guess Ill have to wait until I purchase one for myself thats in alot better condition!

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Talking about TAFH, here’s a sealed Canadian box. Anyone?

http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie … 0261616665

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

Talking about TAFH, here’s a sealed Canadian box. Anyone?

http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie … 0261616665[/quote:2h26wn29]
i have that one. it’s just the american release with a little red sticker stating that it has been imported by emi music canada. so it was indeed sold in canada, but it’s not really a canadian box, if you know what i mean.

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Yup, that’s the right description.

I have such a promo also. Butler With Bulletvlaai Wrinkles or something. Don’t remember. Hips.

do you mean one of those \"UK promos\" which are simply the commercial single release with a (round) sticker on it that says \"promotional copy\"?

i’ve seen tons of those when i was visiting some second hand cd stores in london. i decided not to buy any. otherwise i would have ended up buying all of them, and that would have been a bit much…

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

No I meant this one.

http://www.spfreaks.com/Default.aspx?pa … S&item=244

Maybe it needs a proper discussion when it’s worthwhile to give it a seperate upload. There are many cds with country stickers only, but is it always wise to mention it separately? So far I think so, and I collect them anyway, but what about the cosmetic side on SPfreaks.com?

hmmm… why would they import a promo? it’s not like they can sell it. or did they do that anyway?

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

I don’t think the official channels would have sold it. The cd clearly says \"for promotional use only – not for sale\".

Canada has a strange way of releasing promo cds. Sometimes the rarest stuffs with different artwork (Adore, Machina, Untitled) and sometimes nothing or imported stuffs. When it’s without the EMI Canada promo sticker you couldn’t even distinct it!

Profile photo of anonymous
On Anonymous wrote:

how much is that TAFH on Ebay-google currency is not working right now.
I need to get that box set-shipping is high..

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Use this one instead? http://www.xe.com/ucc/

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In