SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Collecting Items

Topic: That’s the way my love is CD promo

This topic contains 13 replies, has 1,357 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Arthur Arthur 9 years, 7 months ago.

On Arthur wrote:

Can anyone confirm the existence of a US CD promo of this single, I saw one on ebay the other day, jewel case back insert only but the auction has been withdrawn.

Also does anyone know the existence of others apart from these;

Australian
U.K
Swedish
:?:
Cheers

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Cool find that US promo, never seen it so far!

UK promo exists, it’s on SPfreaks.com already, but the rest… not seen it either!

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

I have not seen one.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

Was the US promo clearly a promo (different kind of cd, for example), or could it have been a regular US cd single, with the front insert missing?

I thought they no longer made promos for US releases, but instead simply tagged the regular release with a promo stamp or sticker.

Profile photo of tiny
Participant
On tiny wrote:

Tarantula was released i the U.S as a promo check out http://www.spfreaks.com/Default.aspx?pa … &item=4919 The US release I saw for That’s the Way was in the exact format as the U.S Taranatula minus the picture sleeve, ie. the text on the back sleeve was in a similar format. It clearly said U.S.

bryan

Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

oh, like that. i see. yeah, they still make one track promos; i forgot about that for a sec.

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Bryan send in pics of his promo. Cool artwork, me wanna badly that also! :roll:

http://www.spfreaks.com/Default.aspx?pa … &item=2179

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of tiny
Participant
On tiny wrote:

Profile photo of tiny
Participant
On tiny wrote:

Here it is it is, it does exist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=2340

Bryan

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Here it is it is, it does exist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bryan[/quote:10u8vqqh]
Yeah… It took me a while to find it, but by accident I have 2 now! Shall we do a trade, when you find me an Australian promo of this single? I have hard times finding it… :?

That is if you are still looking for the US promo of course.

Profile photo of tiny
Participant
On tiny wrote:

i will keep my eye out. I am still after a copy, let you know if I find the australian one.

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Awesome, hugs to you Bryan. That US promo is in mint condition (except for a few little surface scratches on the jewel case, both have that…). If you want I can send it to you already, trusting you to find me that Australian promo some day soon. Deal?

Profile photo of tiny
Participant
On tiny wrote:

Very tempting offer Arthur, but I cannot guarantee finding another copy, so it would not be fair to take your CD. Are you after any other Australian pressings? I can keep my eye out.

Bryan

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Very tempting offer Arthur, but I cannot guarantee finding another copy, so it would not be fair to take your CD. Are you after any other Australian pressings? I can keep my eye out.

Bryan[/quote:3pa0is0n]
Yeah I am actually. This is my Australian pressings wantlist:

-1979 Mixes
-Zero
-Thirty-Three (3 track cardsleeve release!)
-Perfect (3 track single)
-Stand Inside Your Love (2 track single)

Also I’m looking for

-Soiled Gold Hits, a bFM compilation with Set The Ray To Jerry on it
-The Trip 2 – Consider the Alternative with Cherub Rock on it

These compilations are Made In New Zealand if I’m right. Would be pretty cool if you ever found 1 or some of it Bryan! Oh and I traded That’s The Way (My Love Is) AU promo already with kittykat, so that’s off the list. :wink:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In