SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Collecting Items

Topic: That’s the way my love is CD promo

This topic contains 13 replies, has 1,357 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Arthur Arthur 10 years ago.

On Arthur wrote:

Can anyone confirm the existence of a US CD promo of this single, I saw one on ebay the other day, jewel case back insert only but the auction has been withdrawn.

Also does anyone know the existence of others apart from these;

Australian
U.K
Swedish
:?:
Cheers

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Cool find that US promo, never seen it so far!

UK promo exists, it’s on SPfreaks.com already, but the rest… not seen it either!

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

I have not seen one.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

Was the US promo clearly a promo (different kind of cd, for example), or could it have been a regular US cd single, with the front insert missing?

I thought they no longer made promos for US releases, but instead simply tagged the regular release with a promo stamp or sticker.

Profile photo of tiny
Participant
On tiny wrote:

Tarantula was released i the U.S as a promo check out http://www.spfreaks.com/Default.aspx?pa … &item=4919 The US release I saw for That’s the Way was in the exact format as the U.S Taranatula minus the picture sleeve, ie. the text on the back sleeve was in a similar format. It clearly said U.S.

bryan

Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

oh, like that. i see. yeah, they still make one track promos; i forgot about that for a sec.

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Bryan send in pics of his promo. Cool artwork, me wanna badly that also! :roll:

http://www.spfreaks.com/Default.aspx?pa … &item=2179

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of tiny
Participant
On tiny wrote:

Profile photo of tiny
Participant
On tiny wrote:

Here it is it is, it does exist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=2340

Bryan

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Here it is it is, it does exist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bryan[/quote:10u8vqqh]
Yeah… It took me a while to find it, but by accident I have 2 now! Shall we do a trade, when you find me an Australian promo of this single? I have hard times finding it… :?

That is if you are still looking for the US promo of course.

Profile photo of tiny
Participant
On tiny wrote:

i will keep my eye out. I am still after a copy, let you know if I find the australian one.

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Awesome, hugs to you Bryan. That US promo is in mint condition (except for a few little surface scratches on the jewel case, both have that…). If you want I can send it to you already, trusting you to find me that Australian promo some day soon. Deal?

Profile photo of tiny
Participant
On tiny wrote:

Very tempting offer Arthur, but I cannot guarantee finding another copy, so it would not be fair to take your CD. Are you after any other Australian pressings? I can keep my eye out.

Bryan

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Very tempting offer Arthur, but I cannot guarantee finding another copy, so it would not be fair to take your CD. Are you after any other Australian pressings? I can keep my eye out.

Bryan[/quote:3pa0is0n]
Yeah I am actually. This is my Australian pressings wantlist:

-1979 Mixes
-Zero
-Thirty-Three (3 track cardsleeve release!)
-Perfect (3 track single)
-Stand Inside Your Love (2 track single)

Also I’m looking for

-Soiled Gold Hits, a bFM compilation with Set The Ray To Jerry on it
-The Trip 2 – Consider the Alternative with Cherub Rock on it

These compilations are Made In New Zealand if I’m right. Would be pretty cool if you ever found 1 or some of it Bryan! Oh and I traded That’s The Way (My Love Is) AU promo already with kittykat, so that’s off the list. :wink:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In