SPfreaks Forum

 

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: General

Topic: The band’s new tour costumes, what do we think?

This topic contains 26 replies, has 3,497 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of bullettwoutbutterflywings bullettwoutbutterflywings 9 years, 2 months ago.

On bullettwoutbutterflywings wrote:

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of toad32r
Participant
On toad32r wrote:

Jeff is wearing a red suit/coat. 3-pc. deal i think

Ribbit...Toad-----------------Toads are really underated!!
Profile photo of Pipoka
Member
On Pipoka wrote:

I like them, and Jeff looks amazing !

Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

Man, Billy is going to turn 41 soon. Why the costumes? It’s verging on disturbing now….

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Arthur
Moderator
On Arthur wrote:

Man, Billy is going to turn 41 soon. Why the costumes? It’s verging on disturbing now….[/quote:2o5zgmyq]
How old are you? 76? 86? :P

Lisa:

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

I agree with you there Arthur. I’m not fond of it, but I do respect it. Is Billy not comfortable just wearing pants and a shirt though?

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Pipoka
Member
On Pipoka wrote:

I agree with you there Arthur. I’m not fond of it, but I do respect it. Is Billy not comfortable just wearing pants and a shirt though?[/quote:oc0ifh8i]

:lol:

i think i like it because it’s original and different.

Profile photo of toad32r
Participant
On toad32r wrote:

My opinion here is this, i would rather see BC and the crew wear more of a regular outfit. The costumes are OK i guess, but i prefer the old days. Give me some silver pants and a black ZERO shirt, and i’ll be fine.

Ribbit...Toad-----------------Toads are really underated!!
Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
Moderator
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

the costumes are part of the show.

Profile photo of shampoo
Member
On shampoo wrote:

edit

Profile photo of shampoo
Member
On shampoo wrote:

Has anyone deciphered what his clothes are supposed to represent (normally I wouldn’t think too much about it but this is Billy we are talking about so there is probably some reasoning to this in his mind), it’s Saturn on his shirt right?

Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

He’s from another planet?

in my time of dying
Profile photo of toad32r
Participant
On toad32r wrote:

I actually like them all, BC…not so much. Sorry BC, just my opinion, I still love tha though!

Ribbit...Toad-----------------Toads are really underated!!
Profile photo of SNC
Member
On SNC wrote:

I like the new outfits.
Especially Jeff! He looks awesome!

Profile photo of alekflyfire
Member
On Alekflyfire wrote:

He’s been \"doing\" costumes since day one – no reason to stop now

Profile photo of darcysiva
Member
On darcysiva wrote:

it looks like he’s flying in that pic.. lol

I dunno I miss BC’s awesome psychedelic shirts from the Gish/SD era. Maybe bring back the pajama’s from the club ’96 tour ;)

"Until the bitter, bitter end of the world, yeah -- when God sleeps in bliss" ~ Soma.::SP freak since 1995::.http://www.spyber.com/sig-45413.png
Profile photo of Arthur
Moderator
On Arthur wrote:

Psychedelic you say? Dresses? Where?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFGil56hdAw[/youtube]

Psychedelic you say? Slunk? The Joker? Where?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIb2Th6fAOs[/youtube]

This was, as could be expected 8) , performed in my home country in 1992.

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of bullettwoutbutterflywings
Member
On bullettwoutbutterflywings wrote:

ok, so what do you think the dress represents? me, i have no idea, but he has been wearing them for a while now. but in some of the shows this year he wore that little outfit — the knee shorts with buttons and the socks pulled up, now with the skirts he has his socks pushed down, and i read somewhere, or seen somewhere, him talking about a return to saturn, something about astrology i think. i will have to go look again, but i think that is where the saturn shirt comes in. then there is the 999 shirt, any thougths on it?

"shiny, let's be bad guys"--jayne cobb-the hero of canton
Profile photo of bullettwoutbutterflywings
Member
On bullettwoutbutterflywings wrote:

oh and the costumes of the others, so you think they just all wear the colors that go along with the album, and i see lisa with the stripes, so maybe they all just want to kinda match in a non conventional way. i dunno, just thinking out loud, again. :roll:

"shiny, let's be bad guys"--jayne cobb-the hero of canton
Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

as for the 999 shirt

billy has always been obsessed w/ repetitive numbers for some reason. he thinks it has a deeper meaning.

examples:

666
77
999
33
7/7/07

not sure if he’s on to something, or just smoking jimmy’s crack.

that doesn’t sound right.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of bullettwoutbutterflywings
Member
On bullettwoutbutterflywings wrote:

as for the 999 shirt

billy has always been obsessed w/ repetitive numbers for some reason. he thinks it has a deeper meaning.

examples:

666
77
999
33
7/7/07

not sure if he’s on to something, or just smoking jimmy’s crack.

that doesn’t sound right.[/quote:2r9wxrkn]

that dosen’t sound right, it sounds funny. i think that is really funny. yes funny.

"shiny, let's be bad guys"--jayne cobb-the hero of canton
Profile photo of blueczarina
Member
On blueczarina wrote:

In that Jim Stapleton book with the interview disc, the topic of dresses is discussed. Here are some Billy quotes that might explain it.

\"I have a hard time thinking of men trying to sing my songs, because I think my perspective is feminine.\" (p 59)

\"For me, the idea of having a feminine perspective is a willingness to be vulnerable. It’s very easy to c@ck-rock and posture. I can’t help but wear my heart on my sleeve- I’m like nerve endings. That’s just the way I am and, to me, that’s very female because it’s not a male thing to do. A male thing would be to f@#*!n posture.\" (p 59-61)

\"I recognize that element in myself and I just call it feminine because that’s the part of myself that I would link it to- a softer, gentler side […] maybe the contrast of a male upbringing is, to me, being simply female.\" (p 61)

I think the dresses are simply his way of expressing his inner duality and an emotional vulnerability. The book also refers to Courtney Love and Darcy, who helped him think of rock outside of male terms. The dresses, in part, seems to also be an attempt to avoid your typical male oriented rock.

Profile photo of bullettwoutbutterflywings
Member
On bullettwoutbutterflywings wrote:

that is awesome, what book and disk is that again??

"shiny, let's be bad guys"--jayne cobb-the hero of canton
Profile photo of blueczarina
Member
On blueczarina wrote:

It’s a book/CD combo by Jim Stapleton. It’s called Smashing Pumpkins Fully Illustrated Book & Interview Disc. The publisher is Carlton Books and Sound and Media, and the cover is blue and has a picture of Billy on it (zero shirt).

Profile photo of bullettwoutbutterflywings
Member
On bullettwoutbutterflywings wrote:

i found one on amazon, but the picture is diffrent than you describe, is there maybe diffrent versions, a couple of the other ones don’t have pics so i can’t tell wich one is the one you describe.

"shiny, let's be bad guys"--jayne cobb-the hero of canton
Profile photo of Arthur
Moderator
On Arthur wrote:

I wonder why this website is called SPfreaks… :roll:

http://www.spfreaks.com/Default.aspx?pa … S&item=308

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of bullettwoutbutterflywings
Member
On bullettwoutbutterflywings wrote:

thank you!!! :D

"shiny, let's be bad guys"--jayne cobb-the hero of canton

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

×
 
 
×
 
  • Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In

×