SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Collecting Items

Topic: The Celestials (The Numbers)

This topic contains 27 replies, has 2,113 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of king of gloom King of Gloom 4 years, 9 months ago.

On King of Gloom wrote:

a lot of people have been wondering how limited is this release, exactly. i would answer, it’s impossible to know, because we don’t know yet if shelves will be restocked or if the stocking was a one time deal.

what i can tell you, are a few numbers that i’ve found after researching the internet for like, 1.5 minutes:

there are 1,772 target stores in the US.

assuming EVERY SINGLE STORE did or will (by tuesday) receive their own three (3) personal copies, then the pressing is 5,316. a strange pressing number, not very likely.

now what i’ve also deduced is that some stores (the one in hollywood, specifically) had five (5) copies. hmm. this changes things a bit. but only a very small bit.

i’ve also heard some stores did not and will not be receiving their copies, but i think there may be some \"user error\" in there too.

so, in summation, i think probably 106 stores in the US got the shaft and a majority received their 3 with some variations from here to there. variations of 1-2, regionally. not a big deal. if you add up roughly 1,666 stores, multiply it by roughly 3 a piece, the pressing is almost exactly 5,000.

this number, for comparison, is how many pressings of the i am one 10\" exist or were pressed initially. you can still find these online for $30 or less.

it’s super-high on the demand list now, but even with that said, most people are not willing to pay more than $20 for it. that seems about right to me.

now, the 1,666 and 88 are interesting. but i don’t know why and have no knowledge thereof.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

now, the 1,666 and 88 are interesting. but i don’t know why and have no knowledge thereof.[/quote:1r4pjcxm]
there’s nothing interesting about 1666 or the relation between 1666 and 88. i’m a math expert, so i know what i’m talking about.

88 however is the neonazi code for "heil hitler". (h is the eighth letter of the alphabet.) you’re free to find that interesting, if that’s how you roll.

Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

in case you want to waste more of your time, have a look here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/88_(number)

there are so many connections to this number, it’s unreal. here’s what i found interesting and billy-esque:

number of constellations in the sky
approximate number of days for mercury to complete one orbit
– heavily tied to luck in china
– means hugs and kisses when using ham radio
– number of keys on a piano
– the square of 88 is 7744. i find that endlessly amusing, if you’re into palindromic numbers

the two highlighted connections relate to the sky, kind of the whole point of the song title, no?

in my time of dying
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:
now, the 1,666 and 88 are interesting. but i don’t know why and have no knowledge thereof.[/quote:ri55mgcc]
there’s nothing interesting about 1666 or the relation between 1666 and 88. i’m a math expert, so i know what i’m talking about.

88 however is the neonazi code for "heil hitler". (h is the eighth letter of the alphabet.) you’re free to find that interesting, if that’s how you roll.[/quote:ri55mgcc]

yeah i never said the two were related. and yes, 1,666 is interesting, to me. and yes, i realize the nazi connection too, although, something tells me that is quite irrelevant in this case.

in my time of dying

– the square of 88 is 7744. i find that endlessly amusing, if you’re into palindromic numbers[/quote:kl04pv8m]
7744 isn’t palindromic though.

but it is quite special that a square ends up looking like that: [url:kl04pv8m]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7744_%28number%29[/url:kl04pv8m]

88 and 7,744 form a unique pair. There appear to be no other squares which are composed of exactly two contiguous groups of multiple equal digits, that is, its digits form the pattern nnn…n mmm…m.[/quote:kl04pv8m]

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

its not palindromic, no, but contains two. am i stretching the rules? yes.

in my time of dying

yep. you’re definitely stretching it.

i think numbers shouldn’t be stretched. it hurts my math heart.

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

i think numbers shouldn’t be stretched. it hurts my math heart.[/quote:3ift1g6o]
Talking about stretching… I think that the number 8 is nothing more than a 0 (zero) with a tight belt. No?

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."

i think it’s a three and a mirrored three.

or a rotated infinity symbol.

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

or a rotated infinity symbol.[/quote:1mw3paew]
And probably there is the link to the shirt: kitty kat will bite you into infinity. Twice.

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."

i don’t like the shirt.

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

I love it. :twisted:

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

this number, for comparison, is how many pressings of the i am one 10" exist or were pressed initially. you can still find these online for $30 or less.

it’s super-high on the demand list now, but even with that said, most people are not willing to pay more than $20 for it. that seems about right to me.[/quote:383q534y]
5,000 seems like a reasonable number to me. Presuming we see them appear everywhere in the Target stores by tomorrow. If not, it might be a pressing in the 1,000 range. Just a wild guess… And with the shirt in a box it makes it a somewhat different release, no? Compared to I Am One 10", I mean.

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

I love it. :twisted:[/quote:1npxab7m]
It’s the reason I bought it anyway. :evil:

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

in my time of dying
Profile photo of marigold
Participant
On marigold wrote:

When i saw the 88 on the t-shirt i immediately linked it to the first year of SP…or is that 87?

:? :roll:

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

i immediately linked it to two eights in a row. nothing more. not even the number, 88.

in my time of dying

When i saw the 88 on the t-shirt i immediately linked it to the first year of SP…or is that 87?

:? :roll:[/quote:1b53q82s]
don’t go there!

:lol:

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

:? :roll:[/quote:2lli7iua]
don’t go there!

:lol:[/quote:2lli7iua]
I did, a few months ago. :P

http://spfreaks.wordpress.com/2012/08/2 … d-in-1988/

i know, arthur. i know.

too late now. look what you’ve done, marigold!

Profile photo of marigold
Participant
On marigold wrote:

i think it’s a three and a mirrored three.[/quote:g199l4c7]

or a 33 and mirrored 33 :shock:

or 44+44 :?:

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

anyone got a track length (duration) for the inkless (original version)?

in my time of dying
Profile photo of littlecacti
On littlecacti wrote:

They’re still promoting this thing a lot on their Facebook page, they’ve posted about it twice in the past few weeks, I guess around Black Friday shopping deals…but do any stores even have them anymore?! None of the Targets in my state even got them in the first place. I checked all three!

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

You only got three Target stores in your whole state?

But yeah, I noticed the marketing too. There are still several on eBay, but most probably 99% of the Target stores are sold out.

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

i can possibly pick up 3 more. not telling where, but stay tuned. no promises.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of littlecacti
On littlecacti wrote:

But yeah, I noticed the marketing too. There are still several on eBay, but most probably 99% of the Target stores are sold out.[/quote:1499fj33]

Yup. I live in Delaware, we’re a very small state!

Profile photo of king of gloom
On King of Gloom wrote:

But yeah, I noticed the marketing too. There are still several on eBay, but most probably 99% of the Target stores are sold out.[/quote:3r97hfo5]

Yup. I live in Delaware, we’re a very small state![/quote:3r97hfo5]

'May the king of gloom be forever doomed'

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In