SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Miscellaneous Forum

Topic: This forum has been really quiet

This topic contains 47 replies, has 5,914 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of anonymous Anonymous 6 years, 8 months ago.

On confuciousconfusing wrote:

So yeah. Where’s everybody at?

What’s everyone up to?

Talk to us! This forum can’t become a dead forum, it can’t! :cry: :lol:

So apparently I don't post very often these days
Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

HIYA!

Profile photo of toad32r
Participant
On toad32r wrote:

Haven’t had alot of fre time lately. My 3 kids are all sick with a cold, getting better now though. I hope anyone going to the SP show tonight has a good time! I’m waiting for them to come back to the U.S. Take care all. You too Spammy…lol

Ribbit...Toad-----------------Toads are really underated!!
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Superlordspamulon, I agree. Hugs to you for your concers for this place!

I try to post as much as I can, but I’m also working on SPfreaks.com, almost on a daily base. The Tour & Recording History that is, not very noticable, but a tough and time-consuming job anyway… I already have the most posts on my name here, I was hoping you guys could set up the threads also here. But we only have around 80 members with only a few of them being regular posters. Amongst them are toad32r, Pipoka, Superlordspamulon, Cool As Ice Cream, lilkitn, manillascissor, BleedingTheOrchid, luxe, TreeSpirit, Pipoka, Fez… Some of those SPfriends haven’t been around for a while lately. And sorry to the guys I forget now!

Yeah, I would hate to see this place going dead also, but it needs more people to stay alive I guess. What can we do to attract more people? The American webmaster is kinda responsible for the forum, but he has an extremely time-consuming professional job also which brings him all over the US, so I couldn’t blame him for not being around all the time… I think we need several hundreds of members, and a daily upload of threads. What’s the plan guys? Shoot!

1 of my ideas would be: more contests. We all love contests, don’t we! Once a month? But who wants to organize it on a regular base? Other idea: Latest Pumpkins news from all over the place, little and big news. Who finds it and posts it here? Maybe the American webmaster needs some help, if so let him spit it out here! :lol:

Anyway, Superlordspamulon, I feel your worries, but we couldn’t force people to come here. What can we do to attract them anyway? Bring in Britney Spears and Paris Hilton? :wink:

(Uhmmm, no. Rather not please!)

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of Pipoka
On Pipoka wrote:

I’m alive ! :P

Tomorrow i’ll have my Maths exam… (yeah if you know how to pray, pray for me !)

After that i will be free ! yeahh !!! :D (i hope my head will survive till then)

By the way,

DON’T bring Brit or Paris… I would appreciate it 8) (yeah i’ve read somewhere that this is my prize -> 8) … and what a prize !!! :lol: )

Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

Actually, I’ve been having trouble recently even being able to access the site. It just won’t load. And when I try from work, we have a T1 connection, so I know it’s not that. Anyone else had these problems?

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Tomorrow i’ll have my Maths exam… (yeah if you know how to pray, pray for me !)[/quote:oi8pvapg]

8) ‘s speed with you Pipoka!

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Actually, I’ve been having trouble recently even being able to access the site. It just won’t load. And when I try from work, we have a T1 connection, so I know it’s not that. Anyone else had these problems?[/quote:1ktclgrd]
Yeah, though the SPfreaks Forum was always online I heard from several sources. How was that at your place manillascissor? Did the forum disappear too? For several days some Dutch provider did probably hard- or software maintenance and forgot to keep http://www.SPfreaks.com online for the whole www. RedWolf called it a "netsplit" (whatever that may be, he couldn’t do anything anyhow). In some parts of NL here the site was always available I heard (Brabant, Gouda), and in other parts (Den Haag, Leiden) it wasn’t. Weird. Hopefully it all works fine now again.

Back to Superlordspamulon’s subject. I just LOVE the lay-out of the forum, I hope you all too? Then we don’t have to change that, at least not now. Superlordspamulon, what do you think?

But OK, who of the SPfriends is gonna climb the SPfreaks barricades and make this place undead again? What are the ideas and who has time to work them out and even better: wants to try them out!?

Profile photo of Superlordspamulon
On Superlordspamulon wrote:

The simplest solution i’ve got is for a few ‘buttons’ to be made – you know, a little image that someone can post on their site in the links section, linking to us. Should attract a fair few posters :)

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Like this?

http://www.smashing-pumpkins.co.uk/inde … &Itemid=53

Oh by the way, talking about linking… I recently found out SPfreaks got some links on Wikipedia anyway, as we have some items online which are kinda rare (as they say, but it could be right).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_%2 … ns_song%29 (section References links to Perfect Puff Daddy remix CD on our site, which is probably 1 of a kind indeed)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Smashi … iscography (Notes 16 links to a rare cassette of Summer)

http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smashing_Pumpkins (Dutch Wikipedia links our whole website in \"Externe links\" section!)

But anyway, it’s a good idea to have some more artwork for links too. I see possibilities for a new contest: design 3 different SPfreaks buttons and banners! Bring ’em in! :lol:

Just give me the source pic for the background here and size limitations and i can whittle one out in no time :wink:

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Right-click on the SPfreaks pic you want and choose \"Save Background As…\" or \"Save Picture As…\". Creating something new in the \"style\" of SPfreaks would be appreciated too! :wink:

And I wouldn’t know about size limitations, as the other websites always give them, or resize it themselves to make it fit on their pages. That’s how I did it also on our Links page.

The issues are mostly on the little pics, when you resize them from Large to Extra Small, they loose quite some contrast and details. Most art people create 2 different versions then, I know. Good luck Superlordspamulon, can’t wait to see the results!

Just a couple i did quickly, based on the site layout :)

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Pretty cool for a start Superlordspamulon! Let me think this over in the weekend, and come back to it in a few days. Maybe you could create a huge banner also in the meantime?

http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=LINKS (check the green logo of SP on top and go wild! You get what I mean… :wink: )

And we should make a list of websites where we want this posted, right?

Profile photo of anonymous
On Anonymous wrote:

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

We forgive you Return. Take your time. As long as you’re still around, that’s all that matters!!!

Superlord- wow! Those little buttons/banners are pretty damn cool! Looks like it took no time at all!!! You really do have a talent with the artsy side of the internet, and i admire that. good work.

in my time of dying

We forgive you Return. Take your time. As long as you’re still around, that’s all that matters!!!

Superlord- wow! Those little buttons/banners are pretty damn cool! Looks like it took no time at all!!! You really do have a talent with the artsy side of the internet, and i admire that. good work.[/quote:1mmg9113]

Thanks :) It’s kind of a hobby. For both of the comps on here, image creation played a key role, and i was there, maxing out my entries and creating surplus images :lol: I also create profile skins for the social networking site ‘Bebo’. I’ve made quite a few, but none have been featured thus far. Made quite a few smashing pumpkins related ones as well :)

I’m only using Macromedia Fireworks as well. Which is good for basic image editing, but nothing like photoshop.

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

Even so, you’re lightyears ahead of me. I think it’s awesome. :D

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Shannen
On Shannen wrote:

I’m alive and kicking too.

But I have been kinda busy with work and a lot of travelling.

Ideas:
1) How about we distribute flyers to every house so they know about SPfreak.com? Hmmm silly idea huh.
2) Get the members to introduce SPfreaks.com to thier network of friends.
3) Post interesting posts to attract more browsers.
4) Introduce SPfreaks.com in others websites.

Hope this help :D

I am-Shannen-I exist!
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

I’m alive and kicking too.

But I have been kinda busy with work and a lot of travelling.

Ideas:
1) How about we distribute flyers to every house so they know about SPfreak.com? Hmmm silly idea huh.
2) Get the members to introduce SPfreaks.com to thier network of friends.
3) Post interesting posts to attract more browsers.
4) Introduce SPfreaks.com in others websites.

Hope this help :D[/quote:2wrqdys5]
Yeah it does! What I did long time ago is opening an account on MySpace and spread some SPfreaks bulletins there. Maybe next step is Hyves and so on? Thing is, I don’t have the time to keep all of them updated, so feel free to run away with these ideas!

Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

bump
hi! :)

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Firm echo after bump…

hi! 8)

On Anonymous wrote:

It certainly has been quiet ’round these parts. Mid-winter blues, maybe? I don’t know about y’all, but I sure am ready for spring. We’ve had week after week of rain, freezing rain and "ice pellets", ick! Come on, spring! Show me the daffodils and tulips already![/quote:3uuk9n8f]
personally, i’d prefer the summer. I do prefer spring, but by the summer holidays i will have done all my major exams and basically be kicking back, with absolutely no pressure anymore :D

On Anonymous wrote:

But the best thing about summer is that SP have so many fantastic summer songs: Today, 1979, Cherub Rock, Luna…
They are the playlist to summer to be frank :lol:

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

4) Introduce SPfreaks.com in others websites.[/quote:3mdd8ymk]
http://www.wikipedia.org is working with us now. They now have 8 links to SPfreaks!

Results 1-8 of 8

I Am One
Relevance: 100.0% – –

Crestfallen (song)
Relevance: 92.6% – –

To Sheila

Perfect (Smashing Pumpkins song)

Rhinoceros (song)

Untitled (song)

Siamese Dream
Relevance: 89.3% – –

The Smashing Pumpkins discography
Relevance: 89.3% – –

Did you add those, was it a user here, or was it somebody else?

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Well, they deleted us before on the English Wikipedia site, remember, so I didn’t bother about Wikipedia anymore. It must have been 1 of their own moderators that added those links to SPfreaks on different Wikipedia pages. To be honest, I think it’s cool! 8)

Profile photo of Pipoka
On Pipoka wrote:

To be honest, I think it’s cool! 8)[/quote:1cpl7bjf]

yes it is ! :)

It is, it really is :)

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Talk to us! This forum can’t become a dead forum, it can’t! :cry: :lol:[/quote:27ih1qsu]
Not that quiet anymore huh… :lol:

Not that quiet anymore huh… :lol:[/quote:21rdhemy] I come back to my e-mail after a day of school – 10 messgaes, 8 from SPfreaks alerting me to forum posts?
Hell yeah…

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Again I have the idea that your call to un-quiet this place a bit has helped Superlordspamulon! :lol:

Again I have the idea that your call to un-quiet this place a bit has helped Superlordspamulon! :lol:[/quote:3mcfj8zz]

Haha… i noticed that too!

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Our users have posted a total of 10000 articles (03:52 PM)

Our users have posted a total of 10105 articles (8 hours later)

:lol:

On Anonymous wrote:

so we are that good to post that many in an 8 hour period…we have no life today :)
oh wait yes we do we love SP!!!!

Profile photo of Danni
Participant
On Danni wrote:

Dum-di-di-dum-di-di-dum. Just had to get that off my chest.

Profile photo of last_rose_of_summer
On last_rose_of_summer wrote:

la da dee da da doooo la la :lol:

On Anonymous wrote:

Hiiii
I am still around…I am just horrible at logging in
I do sorta keep up over here-poem wise and chatter with our manilla who updates me on things :P
I will try and make it on a bit more

Profile photo of blueczarina
On blueczarina wrote:

we are crapping out some over here.

On Anonymous wrote:

so many people on the my collection page signed up, but none of them really post …
sucks
and look 2 days in a row for me-I am proud of myself :D

Profile photo of marigold
Participant
On marigold wrote:

we are crapping out some over here.[/quote:9kxfaf0o]

indeed

Profile photo of Daysofthephoenix
On Daysofthephoenix wrote:

It’s very quiet right now….

Not just in the forum but in my house.
So quiet that I can hear my cat snoring at the other side of the room.

Anyway, we need to start some conversations again on here. :D

Give me the disk, Angela.Somewhere in the world, Dongsoo Kim loves you...Thirsting for God in a Land of Shallow Wells.365 Days of Winter!!!
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

Whatchoo wanna talk about?

in my time of dying
On Anonymous wrote:

lets talk about

plastic cups
so many colors and sizes and fancy designs
uh no lets not talk about those

um someone wanna come clean up my beer bottles from last night? :lol:
must go do that in a minute

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In