SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Collecting Items

Topic: TRISTAN HALL: BUYERS BEWARE (EBAY FRAUD INFORMATION INSIDE)

This topic contains 52 replies, has 5,366 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of manillascissor manillascissor 3 years, 8 months ago.

On manillascissor wrote:

Our good friend Tristan is selling a bunch of items on eBay right now. Although, you wouldn’t know it, because he is a scam artist posing as multiple females under the name joannbrown424

For his current listings, check here: http://www.ebay.com/sch/joannbrown424/m … 7675.l2562

If you are bidding on any of this seller’s items, I strongly caution you to retract your bid, however, do as you wish.

———————————————————————————————————————-

Photo #1: Here, our friend Tristan claims to be a woman named Devon. Notice, he is not selling pictures of Devon, no, he is Devon.

of Thuy, no, he is Thuy.

joannbrown424 is on eBay. See what kind of reputation they have and what they are bidding on, shall we?

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

My eyes are peeled to this topic, believe me… :o

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

I don’t want to spoil the fun here…

But eBay member tristan_hall46 buys a BMW Sunshade from eBay member joannbrown424, and tristan_hall46 appears as a***h (34) in the Bid History of that BMW Sunshade. Then tristan_hall46 obviously also appears as a***h (34) in the Bid History of the Moon tape.

To me it is quite obvious that you knew beforehand that tristan_hall46 was the winner of the Moon tape, and not because of the reply of joannbrown424.

Nevertheless, because I know a lot more background on this story than what is shown here; I’m quite sure you are right about the scam that is going on here.

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of geofolkers
On geofolkers wrote:

Nice detective work Dick Tracy. I was questioning lots on bidding with him :)

Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

I don’t want to spoil the fun here…

But eBay member tristan_hall46 buys a BMW Sunshade from eBay member joannbrown424, and tristan_hall46 appears as a***h (34) in the Bid History of that BMW Sunshade. Then tristan_hall46 obviously also appears as a***h (34) in the Bid History of the Moon tape.

To me it is quite obvious that you knew beforehand that tristan_hall46 was the winner of the Moon tape, and not because of the reply of joannbrown424.

Nevertheless, because I know a lot more background on this story than what is shown here; I’m quite sure you are right about the scam that is going on here.[/quote:3m0kbkse]

While all of that is true, Arthur, I don’t LIE and am embarrassed for you for suggesting so. If you’d like to kindly scroll back up and read what I wrote, therein lies the truth, which is exactly why I wrote it.

If you’re calling me a liar, I’ll just take the thread down.

in my time of dying
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

Nice detective work Dick Tracy. I was questioning lots on bidding with him :)[/quote:t8j7aev3]

yeah, well now you don’t have to. you’re welcome, and thanks.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

If you’re calling me a liar, I’ll just take the thread down.[/quote:74e7nd72]
No, please don’t. My mistake, let me rephrase with a huge sorry again: You could have known beforehand etc. Sorry!

Profile photo of geofolkers
On geofolkers wrote:

So….13.95$ for 800 pics :) no scam there. That sounds like a great deal!

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

Nice little update from our good friend:

\"Whoever this Tristan person is you’re talking about — all of a sudden a bunch of people have written me more interested in ever. Apparently she used to be a big time collecor. I’ve had seriously seven people want whatever I have just because it might have belonged to her! I don’t know what else to say but thanks! I sold the four tapes with writing on them now but I might send you one of ones without writing as a thank you. If I don’t sell them all I promise I will.\"

he told me he had 5 with writing. i can quote that too. fuck it, i might as well.

\"Well, I’m away at school right now and I didn’t get any pics of the cassettes aside from the Moon demo. Honestly, I didn;’t think they would be worth much. I expected like a $100 for them all. I have a bunch of scans of CDs though because I had seen them online before and knew they would be worth something. At this point in time, I’m up for whoever wants to be a lot the quickest. I think what I’ll do is keep the Moon demo on eBay, and I’ll post the self titled one and Nothing Ever Changes later on.But I’m defintely up to selling the others as a lot to whoever wants them first. There’s nine tapes total, 5 with writing on them or their jcards and the other 4 tapes have no writing on them.\"

get your shit straight motherfucker.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of marigold
Participant
On marigold wrote:

reported

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

congratulations, tristan, on your latest two SP items ending with zero bids.

also congratulations on taking the moon demo tape auction down within hours of this thread. you are amazing.

in my time of dying
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

reported[/quote:32cgwvz1] nice

in my time of dying
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

for more fun, look up tristan_hall46 on eBay and look at all the BMW parts he buys! i found his car and took a picture. i’ll post it later.

in my time of dying
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

two of those!?!?

Oh, nevermind. By scamming people. I forgot for like one second.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of SPfreaks
On SPfreaks wrote:

The following message of eBay member joannbrown424 was brought to our attention.

You need to have the post on spfreaks removed. Tristan Hall is a friend of mine; yes he once collected; no I am not him. I don’t know what this other guy’s problem is – Tristan was merely bidding on the Moon demo. That post is threatening though – the guy even mentions the car Tristan drives and talks about posting a pic? That’s obsessed and strange. More so than anything though, it is incredibly slanderous and harassing. If it isn’t removed we’ll contact the host and have the website suspended.

Next to this, individual SPfreaks member(s) seems to have been asked to change and/or delete their post(s) from this topic.

We would like to remind everybody the following guidelines of the SPfreaks Forum.

\"Please post about any and every topic you deem necessary. We encourage all discussion(s). However, please refrain from unwarranted personal attacks or constant negativity. If this is why you are here, please leave. We are searching for a positive community at SPfreaks. Please join our community and help us create the best band forum on the net!\"

For the moment it is our decision to leave this topic online, and unblocked, for ‘freedom of speech’ reasons. We leave it to individual SPfreaks members to decide about changing or deleting their post(s).

The SPfreaks Team
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

yeah it’s called free speech. shut the site down. there is nothing \"harassing\" if you are not even talking directly to someone. nice try, tristan.

also, slander is spoken and libel is written.

once again, get it straight.

and if we are talking legalities, posing as different personas online is actually against the law. if you don’t stop, i will have you arrested.

and how would \"joannbrown424\" even know about this thread anyway? obviously tristan does. that makes sense. oh wait, i just answered my own question.

in my time of dying
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

this just in!

\"Geofolkers told me to tell you to go screw yourself and that he bought the cassettes.\"

from same account (joannbrown424). funny they would send the site one side, and me another. also funny that i spoke to geo earlier and we laughed about you. you didn’t sell him anything.

you lost, tristan. every move you make drives you deeper into your own hell. you can stop now.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

\"hail tristan\", the jokes that keeps on giving. ha! :lol:

he was the guy who was adamant that the wooden SD box was an official release. his argument: because i *know* it.

looks like we’ve finally gotten our arguments through to him (mainly thanks to geo, i assume): http://www.ebay.com/itm/321084373773

ahahahaha!

[/quote:3gxf8f3t]
Also, lol @ the feedback he left himself: "Great seller. Very nice and very honest!"
How convenient to get some feedback like that every once in a while. Especially if you’re planning to scam people.
(Why would anyone ever write that after buying a BMW sunshade? "Ooh, my package has arrived. Let’s have a look… Oh my, great sunshade. I like it. Very nice and very honest!")

Profile photo of _Revolution_Blues
On _Revolution_Blues wrote:

Well well well, good work! Good job Bram drove him off the o board when he did, seemed harsh then but now its just funny! What a sad little man

i bet he was there to make money too. rather than helping out fans with his \"wisdom\".

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

looks like we’ve finally gotten our arguments through to him (mainly thanks to geo, i assume): http://www.ebay.com/itm/321084373773[/quote:2kell9ul]
I send that eBay seller a link to Geo his SD wooden box article on February 26. The seller’s reply was:

Your article is nice but it isn’t true. The item isn’t a bootleg. How do I know, you might ask? Billy Corgan is my cousin. It was going to be an official release but Virgin decided it was too expensive to manufacture and they stopped it. There aren’t even 1000 copies out. There’s only like 700.

So I replied with questions about the 700 copies, asked to interview this seller, or other people that would know more about this. Reply:

I’m not interested in any interviews. I really don’t care about your debates. Sorry. However, its only considered a bootleg because it was scrapped before it was "officially" released. It isn’t a real bootleg though. And the numbers issue comes from multiple machines. One machine started at 0 while another machine started at 200 (or whatever) and yet another machine started at 400 and so on. There’s a big gap in between.

Take care.

P.S. – You might want to start selling all your Pumpkin stuff. It won’t be worth much in the near future. (That’s just some friendly advice.)

Few more emails about rare CDs, Billy Corgan and the Moon tape blablabla, then this:

Well a few years ago during my junior yeah of high school he gave me two boxes full of stuff. That’s where most of it comes from. But even before that he would give me singles, or whatever here and there. I don’t know about any prices though, I don’t really know a lot about this stuff. I never collected personally except for t-shirts. I set the wooden box so high just because I probably would not sell it for any less – I’ve always liked it. The rest of the stuff I don’;t know about though.

This message was send after I really questioned the seller being BC’s cousin and the CDs that were going to be sold from the two BC boxes (the pics that were send showed some standard commercial bootlegs in fact, supposedly made by Billy Corgan himself):

I’m really his cousin, I just don’t know what all I have. He gave it all to me so I just assume he made it. I’m not trying to fool you but seriously, I have so many other people interested in this stuff that I don’t need 20 questions every time I turn around – which you seem to do an awful lot of. I’ve been living on ebBay it seems, so if you’re interested we can talk, otherwise I don’t need someone harassing me.

After this last message I was completely done with this person and didn’t reply to anything anymore. I only advised my friends to stay away from this person. :)

so that was tristan hall pretending to be that girl, right?

*cough* *cough* compulsive liar *cough*

Profile photo of SPfreaks
On SPfreaks wrote:

Again, a message from eBay member joannbrown424 was brought to our attention.

The following are the requirement that all people agree to before registering for spfreaks.com forum:

\"You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit.\"

The post about Tristan Hall includes vulgar profanity. It isn’t true and therefore slanderous. Additionally it is threatening in that it brings up personal information about a person while those who post it remain anonymous. IT IS NOT COVERED BY FREE SPEECH. THIS IS NOT A REQUEST. THIS IS A DEMAND. You must remove the forum most, IT VIOLATES YOUR OWN POLICIES. This is the last change you will be give. FAILURE AFTER THIS WILL RESULT IN LEGAL ACTION.

Since eBay member joannbrown424 is, so far, an anonymous person to us, it is decided that this topic will still not be removed (or otherwise moderated), as requested. We will await the announced further legal action, so we get to know the person(s) who is/are behind this claim. Only then we will take appropriate action(s).

The SPfreaks Team

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In