SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Touring & Concert

Topic: TSP is coming back to Europe…

This topic contains 145 replies, has 9,953 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of jawn till dusk jawn till dusk 3 years, 10 months ago.

On jawn till dusk wrote:

and here we go, this won’t be a one-off so we can expect a tour of some kind i guess…
http://rockinriolisboa.sapo.pt/noticias … isboa-2012

Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

linkin park, the offspring and limp bizkit?!?
wow. i have no words for this.

do you think they’ll play pinkpop again? i believe it’s around the same time.

Profile photo of Sven
Participant
On Sven wrote:

don’t think so, but it might be so… very very slim chance…
i just can’t believe Pinkpop didn’t book TSP this year.
the programme has massive names in The Cure and Bruce Springsteen & The E-Street Band.
TSP would fit in perfectly.

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Worthwhile a watch, their crisp performance 2 days ago in Portugal. Funny that they played Black Diamond from Kiss, with Mike on vocals.

The whole show: http://vimeo.com/42931928

Some highlights on YouTube:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJvsIXw2xY8[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtJpfpQ_Mao[/youtube]

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

a few things:

it’s hilarious to me how he signals for mike to come in. i can’t tell if that was a preworked out method or if billy is just mad that mike hadn’t already started to count off. i think jimmy is/was just such an amazing drummer, billy was spoiled for 20 years. that’s not to say mike isn’t good, but it is to say jimmy is a demi-god (drumi-god).

that performance feels dated. when i listen to billy trying to sing and then scream, it doesn’t work. i was impressed with the vocals on the zeitgeist tour, and the rsd 2010 concert, but not so much right there.

he also comes across slightly bloated? perhaps the camera/stage adds 10-50 lbs?

was pretty cool seeing him on the ground working the amp and feedback, until he had to get up. it was like it happened in three sequences. akin to a grandmother getting off the toilet.

i liked the pantera outro.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

a few things:

it’s hilarious to me how he signals for mike to come in. i can’t tell if that was a preworked out method or if billy is just mad that mike hadn’t already started to count off. i think jimmy is/was just such an amazing drummer, billy was spoiled for 20 years. that’s not to say mike isn’t good, but it is to say jimmy is a demi-god (drumi-god).

that performance feels dated. when i listen to billy trying to sing and then scream, it doesn’t work. i was impressed with the vocals on the zeitgeist tour, and the rsd 2010 concert, but not so much right there.

he also comes across slightly bloated? perhaps the camera/stage adds 10-50 lbs?

was pretty cool seeing him on the ground working the amp and feedback, until he had to get up. it was like it happened in three sequences. akin to a grandmother getting off the toilet.

i liked the pantera outro.[/quote:2dfy6dxa]
I know what you mean, but I disagree with the analysis. The screaming still works, but it is a professional scream instead of a heartfelt scream. Nothing wrong with that, he should save his voice for gigs over the many many Smashing Pumpkins years to come. Bloated? Yes, and I’m thankful for that. He looked like a collapsing zombie a few years ago (remember his collapse on stage?), that I feared for his career. Glad he gained some weight. And no grandmother feelings here also. The guy is 45, for f*cks sake! It is cool to see him slowly rise like a guitar phoenix. :P

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

The screaming still works, but it is a professional scream instead of a heartfelt scream. [/quote:305rfyf6]

i think this is where i find the disconnect. sure he has to preserve his voice, but it comes across as heartless and that’s one of the biggest draws to the SP brand; the emotion. :?

in my time of dying
Profile photo of marigold
Participant
On marigold wrote:

I think now he’s older, the heartfelt screaming is harder – and that is probably why he had that collapse on the stage that time – and doesn’t want that to happen again! So he’s figured out a way of screaming in a way that won’t make him do that.
He looks healthy and happy :)

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

I’m sure manillascissor at all times sings heartfelt lullabies to his children too.

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

i’m pretty sure he collapsed due to heat exhaustion, not screaming. it may have been during screaming, but not because of it.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of jupiter
On jupiter wrote:

i’m sure we can all agree that he doesnt have the voice he had 15 years ago!

speed kills but beauty lives forever
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Europe, check!

http://twitter.com/Billy/status/2316221 … 36/photo/1

\"OCEANIA coming soon to a venue near you Manilla, Taipei, Seoul. MEXICO, CANADA, USA, SOUTH AMERICA, EUROPE, MARS\"

This is, however, the last time we will ever see them. Mars is far away, and an unfriendly place, health-wise.

Participant
On marigold wrote:

Cool that Canada fans will get to see them again.

I have a feeling they won’t be coming back to NZ again. Well, Billy might return with a solo or other project but not with SP. The lack of promotion meant there weren’t that many people attending, and they probably made a loss getting themselves and the giant orb over to NZ.

That could apply to some other places too – so if they play anywhere near you – go see them while you can!

Profile photo of mr.benway
Participant
On mr.benway wrote:

The Smashing Pumkins are coming back to Europe in 2013. The first tour dates & tickets are available

24.06. РParis, France @ Le z̩nith
25.06. – Saint-Herblain, France @ Zenith Nantes Metropole

04.07. – Lille, France @ Zenith Arena
09.07. – Luxembourg @ Rockhal
12.07. – Slovakia @ Pohoda Festival
16.07. РVienne, France @ Th̢̩tre Antique de Vienne
18.07. РPortugal @ Festival Mar̩s Vivas

Tickets for the shows in France:
Tickets for the shows in Luxembourg

And perhaps some shows in GB, Belgium & the Netherlands…
And trillions of canceled shows in Germany ( :roll: )

Profile photo of king of gloom
On King of Gloom wrote:

Looks like the prices are no different from 2 years ago. I’m still waiting for a date here in the Netherlands, but I also might go to a second show if they’re playing Belgium too!

'May the king of gloom be forever doomed'
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

And perhaps some shows in GB, Belgium & the Netherlands…[/quote:1d9nlx1z]
Yay! :D

I also might go to a second show if they’re playing Belgium too![/quote:1d9nlx1z]
Yay again! :D

Profile photo of jawn till dusk
Participant
On jawn till dusk wrote:

Glasgow please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

On King of Gloom wrote:

New date: June 21st – Hurricane Festival, Germany!

EDIT: And more!

July 10th – Arena Wien, Austria
June 20th – Live Music Hall, Germany

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

I feel a Dutch date coming… Almost… :roll:

Participant
On marigold wrote:

yay for Germany! Hope those dates don’t get cancelled…

I’m sure they won’t miss out the Netherlands :)

But there’s nothing on here… yet http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/tour/

Profile photo of spag
Participant
On Spag wrote:

I’m going to get myself a ticket for Cologne and hopefully some Dutch and Belgian shows. :D

I'm the best bass player the Smashing Pumpkins ever had
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

I’m going to get myself a ticket for Cologne and hopefully some Dutch and Belgian shows. :D[/quote:ywt79zyw]
I might do the same. :)

On King of Gloom wrote:

yay for Germany! Hope those dates don’t get cancelled…

I’m sure they won’t miss out the Netherlands :)

But there’s nothing on here… yet http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/tour/[/quote:1pfw1tr7]

Yeah I think that’s kinda strange. They didn’t update their Events on Facebook as well, nor did they post anything on Twitter. I guess they will do that when the list is complete?

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

TicketAlarm just send me an email about these dates:

20.06.2013 Köln
09.07.2013 Esch Alzette / Luxemburg (new date!)
10.07.2013 Wien

Luxemburg is 3.5 – 4 hrs drive from my place, I considered that in 2007 too… But ended up going to Pinkpop NL instead. Let’s see what other dates/venues pop up. So far Köln is the best option (2.5 hrs drive).

Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

it was almost impossible to get tickets for the luxemburg gig in 2007. i remember trying.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In