SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Collecting Items

Topic: Welcome to: My Collection! (includes user manual)

This topic contains 127 replies, has 28,088 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of king of gloom King of Gloom 4 years, 3 months ago.

On King of Gloom wrote:

Always wanted an online place to keep track of your precious Smashing Pumpkins collection? Have a wantlist to publish to other collectors? Have some double items to sell? Ever been on a record fair with a PDA in your pocket, and you just couldn’t remember what exact item you were looking for to add to you collection?

Questions answered, and wishes fulfilled, guys! Because finally it’s here, please welcome the newest SPfreaks.com website feature designed and build by our developer RedWolf:

My Collection

As the name suggests, it is mainly meant to be used by collectors of Smashing Pumpkins items. On our website it is now possible to keep track of your Smashing Pumpkins collection, your wantlist, your sell/trade list and you can also have a look into other members collections! That is, if they want to have their collection known by the public…

Now how does this work?

On http://www.SPfreaks.com you can \"Log In\" (see top of the screen) with the same nick & password as you use on the Forum. If you are not a Forum member yet, please create an account here first, as some of your account information will be copied to http://www.SPfreaks.com , and used for My Collection.

When you have logged in to http://www.SPfreaks.com , first go to \"My Profile\". That link can also be found on top of the screen. There you have to fill in a few easy settings, for example Public Ownerlist Yes/No. Save your settings, and you are ready to go!

Go where? Go here: http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLINDEX

There you will find our re-designed Search engine that is used to find all the Smashing Pumpkins & related items on our website. As you will notice, every item has some options to maintain. To maintain these options, click \"Edit options\" at the right of any item that you have found with your search options on top of the screen. In the next screen, checkmark the box(es) on the left according your situation, and use the other fields that appear on the right of the screen to fill in some more detailed information, including grading your item. Now save again, and you have created an addition to your personal list!

The Search engine can also be used to find your own list(s) or lists of other members (checkmark the \"My Collection\" box to browse in your personal list(s) and the lists of your fellow collectors). Just try the many different fields, and don’t forget to click “Apply” to have the results! Oh, some more little thingies you need to know. Yes, it needs 2 seperate log ins to use both the Forum and the My Collection feature of http://www.SPfreaks.com . That is needed, because it are in fact 2 different websites, that only share the account information of the members. Yes, this new My Collection feature is free to use, and nothing will be charged. Yes, if you are only here to sell your collection, you are welcome too!

Finally, use this thread for your questions and requests about My Collection! Have fun using it!

The SPfreaks Team
Profile photo of blueczarina
On blueczarina wrote:

that looks pretty cool :)

so now will we actually get to see just how much of the stuff on the collection pages you own Arthur? :wink:

Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

been waiting for this for 15 years. 8)

in my time of dying
Profile photo of RedWolf
Participant
On RedWolf wrote:

been waiting for this for 15 years. 8)[/quote:egevqp9t]

Then you have collected a large amount of items in the past 15 years, so I expect to see a huge My Collection here on http://www.spfreaks.com/ :wink:

living in a reality on endless views & unbound fantasies...
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

This \"My Collection\" is, if you ask me, one of the coolest things we have done on SPfreaks.com so far! :lol:

I can see the collections of Sven, bullet, manilla, obscured and scotopic_lux already! People have started using the wantlist option also! And this is only within 24 hours of the announcement! Awesome! 8)

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of ObscureD
On ObscureD wrote:

I can’t find the I am one 10\" test press on the database… Am I stupid ? :lol:

...Magnetic Happiness...
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

I can’t find the I am one 10" test press on the database… Am I stupid ? :lol:[/quote:1vnmszs2]

This one? :lol:

http://www.spfreaks.com/Default.aspx?pa … &item=1878

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of amnesia
On amnesia wrote:

I like the idea, but im not going to spend hours upon hours to add what i got, maybe later when i have more time.But kickass work with this funktion i really like it! 8)

In loving memory of Bimbolin.
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

I like the idea, but im not going to spend hours upon hours to add what i got, maybe later when i have more time.But kickass work with this funktion i really like it! 8)[/quote:3a3n0idx]
It works pretty fast mayonaise, in less then 1 hour I have added almost 150 items to my online collection (ok, that’s just a little part only… ;) ) Sven his whole collection of over 200 items is already online, it’s so cool to see other peoples stuffs! :lol:

On ObscureD wrote:

It tells : [Error! Requested page cannot be loaded. Please return to previous page.]

\"I’m going crazy…. I’m going crazy…\" :lol:

...Magnetic Happiness...
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

It tells : [Error! Requested page cannot be loaded. Please return to previous page.]

"I’m going crazy…. I’m going crazy…" :lol:[/quote:37olgu0r]

Try this? http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=1878

On ObscureD wrote:

ObscureD wrote:

\"I’m going crazy…. I’m going crazy…\"

Try this? http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=1878 [/quote:3pwn0xtd]

It’s the 7\" test press you give me. I search the 10\" test press.

...Magnetic Happiness...
On blueczarina wrote:

thanks Arthur. i had the same issue with the error message. :wink:

i’m trying to put some stuff in, but i’m at work so its hard to remember which versions i have. :lol: i’m going to have to have to do this when i get home i think. :wink:

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:
ObscureD wrote:

"I’m going crazy…. I’m going crazy…"

Try this? http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=1878 [/quote:2xdeb5h1]

It’s the 7" test press you give me. I search the 10" test press.[/quote:2xdeb5h1]
Error solved… you and blueczarina shouldn’t get it anymore. The 10" test press is probably not on the site yet. If you have it, please send in pics!

Profile photo of RedWolf
Participant
On RedWolf wrote:

Error on page was my mistake, I’m sorry for the trouble.

living in a reality on endless views & unbound fantasies...
On ObscureD wrote:

Here are some pictures of the I am one 10\" test press with the plain white sleeve.

Note SPfreaks: sorry, the images should be less than or max 750 pixels wide. Forum rules. :wink:

...Magnetic Happiness...
Profile photo of anonymous
On Anonymous wrote:

sooo
going through concert tickets I noticed none of the August tour tickets are listed.
no one has them to post? I have 3 how do I go about getting the thing uploaded to SPfreaks? Do I scan it and then email it? I ‘ll do it this week sometime-maybe today if I have time and can find it. If I do I’ll email it to Manilla on his regular email I think..

On blueczarina wrote:

yeah, i have a couple boots you don’t have on there. :wink:

Profile photo of mr.benway
Participant
On mr.benway wrote:

:D W*O*W* :D
that’s really amazing, phantastic, marvelous, phantasmagorical…
and it works really fast…

one little question: i’m looking for all owners of (e.g.) ‘i am one (12inch)’. were can i find / see these :?: i’ve tried the search function, but nothing…

Mr. Benway

Profile photo of anonymous
On Anonymous wrote:

I love this collection page..it’s so neat!
Arthur and Sven got quite the stash
who are they willed too… :lol:
wow I am amazed at your collections guys! and everyone’s too. It’s cool to see what everyone has…
I have album mp3’s not listed. :lol:

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

I love this collection page..it’s so neat!
Arthur and Sven got quite the stash
who are they willed too… :lol:
wow I am amazed at your collections guys! and everyone’s too. It’s cool to see what everyone has…
I have album mp3’s not listed. :lol:[/quote:3gtudkrl]
Wow, you got the TAFH promo! :shock:

http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=2435

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Here are some pictures of the I am one 10" test press with the plain white sleeve.

Note SPfreaks: sorry, the images should be less than or max 750 pixels wide. Forum rules. :wink:[/quote:3j481gnt]

Repost? Or at least send them to our contact email? They should be on SPfreaks.com! 8)

On ObscureD wrote:

ObscureD wrote:
Here are some pictures of the I am one 10\" test press with the plain white sleeve.

Note SPfreaks: sorry, the images should be less than or max 750 pixels wide. Forum rules.

Repost? Or at least send them to our contact email? They should be on SPfreaks.com!
[/quote:28pla252]

I’ll repost the pictures with the correct size tomorrow because it’s 21.00 PM in France and I’m lazy 8)

...Magnetic Happiness...
Profile photo of scotopic_lux
On scotopic_lux wrote:

Oh wow this feature is amazing, finally a place I can catalogue my collection.

My only issue is there are some common items that just arent listed (for example I think there is only 1 vinyl version of Gish listed, and not the one that I own), and then a lot of items that really dont need to be there (individual ticket stubs etc?) Are we able to submit new articles to you if they are missing from the list?

I would love it if you simply used the data from SPFC and made the ability to say what you have/want etc.

You must have put so much work into all of this. I am going to go and let all the kids at Ozphoria know about this as I am sure there are a few who will love it!

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

My only issue is there are some common items that just arent listed (for example I think there is only 1 vinyl version of Gish listed, and not the one that I own), and then a lot of items that really dont need to be there (individual ticket stubs etc?) Are we able to submit new articles to you if they are missing from the list?

I would love it if you simply used the data from SPFC and made the ability to say what you have/want etc.[/quote:1d6omsd1]
Naahhh… I don’t agree with that. We try to create and maintain the most comprehensive library of Smashing Pumpkins stuffs, so we will definately not do what SPFC is doing. They have a great database of information and great people that I consider to be my friends, but for some reasons they are not really comprehensive with their Discography. So, if you are not a concert stubs collector, then just skip that part, right?

Oh, but of course, if you miss anything in the collection, please send it to the contact email provided on top! :lol:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In