SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Touring & Concert

Topic: what do we think of live earth performance?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 1,413 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of reuben reuben 10 years, 1 month ago.

On reuben wrote:

i was like ouch ouch ouch a bit, i noticed billy was nervous!!! his voice was not top all the time, but they had a great setlist with unites states, bullet with butterfly wings, tarantula and today. oh us was kinda short version. what do you guys think? anybody seen it (watched it with superlord also online kinda cool :lol: ) here’s the first track, awesome:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYBJP7ZZZZE[/youtube]

Emptiness is loneliness, and loneliness is cleanlinessAnd cleanliness is godliness, and god is empty just like meIntoxicated with the madness, I'm in love with my sadness
Profile photo of Superlordspamulon
On Superlordspamulon wrote:

haha i thought it was awesome!
i now absoloutely NEED to see them at reading festival this year!
haha i just remembered Billy stumbling over his words then hitting himself in the head :D
i don’t think i had seen any live pumpkins before then… i knew Billy was tall, but had no idea he was like that! :lol:
but still – i completely enjoyed that show!
and about billy’s voice: apparently it was deafening – the instruments and everything. even with the ear thing, he still would have had a hard time hearing himself sing.

So apparently I don't post very often these days
Profile photo of toad32r
Participant
On toad32r wrote:

Completely jammed!! I thought it sounded awesome. It feels good to see them live again!!

Ribbit...Toad-----------------Toads are really underated!!
Profile photo of bleedingtheorchid
On BleedingTheOrchid wrote:

sorry video don’t work anymore. probably copyrights issue.

Emptiness is loneliness, and loneliness is cleanlinessAnd cleanliness is godliness, and god is empty just like meIntoxicated with the madness, I'm in love with my sadness
Profile photo of reuben
Participant
On reuben wrote:

yeh i was there thought it was ok, anyone notice how billy introduced tarantula? \"This is our new single, ‘Ta-ran-toola’\" ha ha. I though the quiet bit in the middle of tarantula should have been extended a bit more, like the grand rex version

Eeeeeer.........No Peg
Profile photo of toad32r
Participant
On toad32r wrote:

LOL, funny you should say that, when he said it that way, at first i thought i had been wrong with the regular pronunciation of the tarantula.(as in a spider) Thought it was just me!!

Ribbit...Toad-----------------Toads are really underated!!
Profile photo of Superlordspamulon
On Superlordspamulon wrote:

i knew he wasnt saying the tarantula im aware of…
i thought it was like a dialect thing… like thats how they say it in chicago or something… so i was a little nervous to point it out as being funny

So apparently I don't post very often these days
Profile photo of reuben
Participant
On reuben wrote:

yeh i knew he must have been joking. Remember on 3 feet high (chicago bootlegg from 93 i think) he pronounces siamese dream as \"see-a-meese dream\", and also on the viewphoria dvd when jimmy meets Manny during the siamese recording he introduces himself as \"Jimmy Chamberlay\", i think to rhyme with Manny’s last name. It must be a long standing-running joke or something with them to always deliberately misspronounce obivious stuff

Eeeeeer.........No Peg

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In