SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: General

Topic: What happened to ThePumpkins.net?

This topic contains 40 replies, has 5,059 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of blueczarina blueczarina 9 years ago.

On blueczarina wrote:

My favourite websites next to SPfreaks are SPLRA.org, Archive.org, SPFC.org and ThePumpkins.net. But the last one has been down already for a week with a message \"ThePumpkins.net. The site is down for maintenance.\". I do hope Murder McMurderson will come back soon with an even greater website! Go Murder go!

Greetz from SPfreaks,
Arthur 8)

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of bleedingtheorchid
On BleedingTheOrchid wrote:

yeah its down too long wonder if it comes back

Emptiness is loneliness, and loneliness is cleanlinessAnd cleanliness is godliness, and god is empty just like meIntoxicated with the madness, I'm in love with my sadness
Profile photo of pierowmaniac
On pierowmaniac wrote:

Anyone heard anything about Pumpkins net yet?

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Anyone heard anything about Pumpkins net yet?[/quote:122ss5rn]
Welcome on board pierowmaniac. I’ve just send the administrator of ThePumpkins.net an email on behalf of the SPfreaks, asking him if he has news. Keep you posted.

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
On pierowmaniac wrote:
Anyone heard anything about Pumpkins net yet?[/quote:v5djcycg]
Welcome on board pierowmaniac. I’ve just send the administrator of ThePumpkins.net an email on behalf of the SPfreaks, asking him if he has news. Keep you posted.[/quote:v5djcycg]

Cool thanks Arthur….great site by the way!
nice layout

Profile photo of Ronbuca
On Ronbuca wrote:

hey guys, dont worry, i have arrived

any questions will be answered, one at a time, please.

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

hey guys, dont worry, i have arrived.[/quote:3dua68df]
Finally! :D Welcome mister! Hope to see you back soon!

Cool thanks Arthur….great site by the way!
nice layout[/quote:3dua68df]
Thank you, thank you… Maybe my ideas, but RedWolf builds it all, he spend quite some hours in this already… I’ll tell him, on behalf of you! See you around man! :D

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:
Anyone heard anything about Pumpkins net yet?[/quote:130ic344]
Welcome on board pierowmaniac. I’ve just send the administrator of ThePumpkins.net an email on behalf of the SPfreaks, asking him if he has news. Keep you posted.[/quote:130ic344]
No reply yet. Instead on my side the maintenance message has disappeared on http://www.thepumpkins.net and a standard IE error "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" appears. Pinging the website address returns "Ping request could not find host http://www.thepumpkins.net . Please check the name and try again.".

I’m getting very worried now. Being down for maintenance for 1 month now is… kinda long. Hopefully Murder got it all under control… and returns with his website soon.
:roll:

Profile photo of ghostchild1979
On ghostchild1979 wrote:

I was a regular over there and it’s been down for quite some time now. the chat room still worked for awhile, but now it’s dead too. That was a great forum…hope it comes back soon.

is there a chat room here on this site? me, budspencer, believe, persianbellydancer, lynet, and dougydarkangel from over there are still trying to find a decent place to chat every day. hehe

They're bound to kill us all...in white-washed halls. The jackals lick their paws.
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

I was a regular over there and it’s been down for quite some time now. the chat room still worked for awhile, but now it’s dead too. That was a great forum…hope it comes back soon.

is there a chat room here on this site? me, budspencer, believe, persianbellydancer, lynet, and dougydarkangel from over there are still trying to find a decent place to chat every day. hehe[/quote:1jrs448r]
Hey welcome here ghostchild1979! Sorry no chatroom here… We had been thinking about it, but this feature was never implemented, as we expected no users. We *vaguely* have a major update to a full CMS website in mind in 2008/2009, so we might reconsider this feature then. But we got other priorities now, as we are mainly running a graphical SP collectors website here… Hope you understand.

When you speak to persianbellydancer again soon, give her my warm regards! She contacted us a few times in the past, and she still has a few things to send us if I remember well… Maybe I’m wrong…

Anyway, it’s a shame that ThePumpkins.net disappeared. Wonderful website, great people on there. Of course they are all invited here, as this board is still small and cozy compared to Murder’s place, but I rather see ThePumpkins.net come back. Fingers crossed…

Have fun here in the meantime, ghostchild1979! 8)
Arthur

Oh by the way, did you have trouble with that other account "ghostchild", can we delete it? Or are you going to use it after you activated it? We like to have an honest number of members on here… No pumped up figures! :D

On pierowmaniac wrote:

is there a chat room here on this site? me, budspencer, believe, persianbellydancer, lynet, and dougydarkangel from over there are still trying to find a decent place to chat every day. hehe[/quote:276q2szn]

Hiya Ghostchild :)
Im starting to get withdrawl now :(
I miss Dougys prolific posting ;)

Profile photo of ghostchild1979
On ghostchild1979 wrote:

is there a chat room here on this site? me, budspencer, believe, persianbellydancer, lynet, and dougydarkangel from over there are still trying to find a decent place to chat every day. hehe[/quote:b4serrvv]

Hiya Ghostchild :)
Im starting to get withdrawl now :(
I miss Dougys prolific posting ;)[/quote:b4serrvv]

hey pierow! I’m missing the old forum too. I really hope it comes back eventually. in the meantime, I’m enjoying what I see around here!

They're bound to kill us all...in white-washed halls. The jackals lick their paws.
Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

the jackals lick their balls.

Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

:lol:

I feel like I’m stalking you. But I always laugh at your posts.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

people say i’m a funny guy.

i didn’t really like thepumpkins.net though. it was a nice site, but it had too many features, and that slowed everything down. and the conversations on the messageboard weren’t interesting to me.

Profile photo of PistolPete
On PistolPete wrote:

ATTN Pumpkins.net users

Just to let everyone know. We have a interim site set up at thepumpkins.tk

The site is pretty bare and is intended to be a temporary forum for old users. Please stop by and register and help keep our community alive.

Also, if you are able to get in touch with any old users, please let us know. Thanks.
-Pete

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

ATTN Pumpkins.net users

Just to let everyone know. We have a interim site set up at thepumpkins.tk

The site is pretty bare and is intended to be a temporary forum for old users. Please stop by and register and help keep our community alive.

Also, if you are able to get in touch with any old users, please let us know. Thanks.
-Pete[/quote:2i14smwv]

Good luck Pete. Still I wonder why ThePumpkins.net disappeared without leaving a message. Was Murder fed up with the thing?

Profile photo of tree_spirit
On Tree_Spirit wrote:

I was wondering where the site went.I guess everyone has been wondering what happen to it.But since pumpkins.com was updated i stopped really using it.Or i come here Spfreaks and use it forums.Are they starting over or what,be interesting to know really.Because i went over to thepumpkins.tk
and bare is the word for it,sad to say :(

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/9411/b492200713e331baq9.png
Profile photo of shampoo
On shampoo wrote:

shame, i liked this site…i hope it gets up and running again sometime soon

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

ThePumpkins.net now says:

\"You know I’m not dead…\"

Profile photo of Superlordspamulon
On Superlordspamulon wrote:

ThePumpkins.net now says:

"You know I’m not dead…"[/quote:271ofnel]

"I’m just living in my head."

does that mean it’s now just in the imagination of Murder?
that would kinda suck…

So apparently I don't post very often these days
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Since about 20 hours ThePumpkins.net is back online.

I’m going to be very critical about this, as the site is slow as ever, and only with some little changes to the forum (based on a quick look), and with loss of the funny smileys on there. No messages at all to the 1,000s of members, not before, nor after this long period. This is not the way how you treat people. Sorry Murder, just my humble opinion.

For the rest I’m very happy they’re back of course. After all it is a site that couldn’t be missed for tons of users.

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Looks like it’s down again? It’s always quickly visible in blueczarina’s signature, when it’s down. :P

Profile photo of bullettwoutbutterflywings
On bullettwoutbutterflywings wrote:

noticed that too.

"shiny, let's be bad guys"--jayne cobb-the hero of canton
Profile photo of anonymous
On Anonymous wrote:

ok I just woke up what the hell did I miss on pumpkins.net?
It was working fine yesterday..Huh?

On Anonymous wrote:

ok went there and DAMN what in tar heel is going on over there. What is going on with the PUMPKINS sites?
Arthur looks like this site is the best Pumpkins site around :D
Gotta love it!!!

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Thanks, I take that as a compliment. Will pass it on to the whole team! :lol:

People looking for another cozy little board can go here:

http://s15.invisionfree.com/smashingpumpkins (A Nation of Zeros)

On Anonymous wrote:

lol I was nosey and there are 2 Pumpkins posts for 2008 on there no thanks…soooo not updated enough!
This is the HOT SPOT!!!
SPfreaks Rocks…as soon as I can afford a shirt i am buying one…
wish I had one to wear to the show-dammit
why did I quit my job…

Profile photo of blueczarina
On blueczarina wrote:

Looks like it’s down again? It’s always quickly visible in blueczarina’s signature, when it’s down. :P[/quote:317jorf2]

thats why i have that signature. :lol:

Profile photo of Im a Cult Hero
On Im a Cult Hero wrote:

Lol I’m Siamese Dreamer on Nation of Zero’s, I think most of the 2008 posts are mine :P
Totally dead board :/
SPfreaks FTW!!! :D

On blueczarina wrote:

that board is dead. maybe we should hijack one of these dead boards for use when spfreaks is down. :lol:

On Anonymous wrote:

lol..we could, but then the drama mamma’s might come on and then it’s all down hill again…
it’s dead as hell over there..it’s kinda funny in a way, but I loved that site, but now I love this one more and probably will until, the cows come home or they don’t pay for the site in 5 years again

Profile photo of bullettwoutbutterflywings
On bullettwoutbutterflywings wrote:

Lol I’m Siamese Dreamer on Nation of Zero’s, I think most of the 2008 posts are mine :P
Totally dead board :/
SPfreaks FTW!!! :D[/quote:1jsa9isp]

i saw that, cause it said cult hero and it had your signature.

i saw that they were trying to do a survivor game like at the pumpkins.net, but a little diffrent.

why did it die?

"shiny, let's be bad guys"--jayne cobb-the hero of canton
On blueczarina wrote:

but now I love this one more and probably will until, the cows come home or they don’t pay for the site in 5 years again[/quote:ot1cj1g0]

manilla said he would pic up the tab if he had to so i think we are ok. 8)

i think its only $60.

On Anonymous wrote:

yeah I remember I said 60 bucks that’s it…lol That’s chump change…lol not like the winter gas bill or something

Profile photo of Im a Cult Hero
On Im a Cult Hero wrote:

I think they did some maintenance in 2006/7, which caused some problem with links that usually brought people to the board, even I lost the board for a few months, only got back to it after the admin sent out a mail telling of big changes and additions, none of which seem to be happening.
I think people (including the ppl running it) kinda just gave up on it.
It wasn’t ever all that busy, but it was a nice enough board.

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

I think people (including the ppl running it) kinda just gave up on it.
It wasn’t ever all that busy, but it was a nice enough board.[/quote:prn6z9hn]
It’s a pity, as I like the name "Nation Of Zeros", and I like the layout also. Reminds me of SPfreaks.com.

On blueczarina wrote:

it went down again. thats the second time now. :?

On Anonymous wrote:

Workin’ fine at 7:42pm here.

:)

On blueczarina wrote:

yeah, its working again. maybe it just went down for a bit. :wink:

On blueczarina wrote:

wtf? it just went down again.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In