SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: General

Topic: what was first: zeitgeist or reunion?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 847 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Superlordspamulon Superlordspamulon 10 years, 3 months ago.

On Superlordspamulon wrote:

ok ok ok stole it from the forum here, but i think it’s an interestign question. what was first in billy corgan’s mind you think? did he just wanted to do zeitgeist with a great set of musicians (and by accident call it pumpkins), or did he wanna grow old with the smashing pumpkins concept, and do even more records? my guess and hopes are the latter…

Emptiness is loneliness, and loneliness is cleanlinessAnd cleanliness is godliness, and god is empty just like meIntoxicated with the madness, I'm in love with my sadness
Profile photo of Superlordspamulon

way, way, way before zeitgiest was being written, when billy first mentioned his plans to reform pumpkins, he said (something along the lines of) \"i want my band back, i want my songs back\"
so it was for pumpkins, not zeitgeist

So apparently I don't post very often these days
Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

way, way, way before zeitgiest was being written, when billy first mentioned his plans to reform pumpkins, he said (something along the lines of) "i want my band back, i want my songs back"
so it was for pumpkins, not zeitgeist[/quote:3b19pjn6]

Good use of a reference to back up your stance. Most people don’t do that. ;)

From reviewing the CD liner notes (just today, 7/10/07), it’s clear to me that Smashing Pumpkins from now on is Billy Corgan and Jimmy Chamberlain. They even put in there, BC/JC in the AC/DC font. Ginger and Jeff are not credited w/ writing material. I guess they were hired solely for touring purposes. Which sucks for them, but I guess it’s a great opportunity as well.

However, superlord, there is no indication that Billy hadn’t written some of these songs prior to taking out that ad. There is no way to know, unless we ask Mr. Corgan himself. Chicken or the egg?

in my time of dying
way, way, way before zeitgiest was being written, when billy first mentioned his plans to reform pumpkins, he said (something along the lines of) "i want my band back, i want my songs back"
so it was for pumpkins, not zeitgeist[/quote:wi8qube2]

Good use of a reference to back up your stance. Most people don’t do that. ;)

From reviewing the CD liner notes (just today, 7/10/07), it’s clear to me that Smashing Pumpkins from now on is Billy Corgan and Jimmy Chamberlain. They even put in there, BC/JC in the AC/DC font. Ginger and Jeff are not credited w/ writing material. I guess they were hired solely for touring purposes. Which sucks for them, but I guess it’s a great opportunity as well.

However, superlord, there is no indication that Billy hadn’t written some of these songs prior to taking out that ad. There is no way to know, unless we ask Mr. Corgan himself. Chicken or the egg?[/quote:wi8qube2]
haha, we cant know, no. but considering the article in question was well over a year ago, we can take an intelligent guess, no?

Profile photo of toad32r
Participant
On toad32r wrote:

Reunion was definetly first, but i like them both alot, lol, They compliment each other quite well!!

Ribbit...Toad-----------------Toads are really underated!!
Profile photo of toad32r
Participant
On toad32r wrote:

I think it was the chicken……well, maybe the egg !? LOL

Ribbit...Toad-----------------Toads are really underated!!

chicken? egg?
it was obviously dinosaurs :P

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In