SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Miscellaneous Forum

Topic: Who’s playing in a band? & has recorded a demo already?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 1,496 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of some pumpkins some pumpkins 8 years, 1 month ago.

On some pumpkins wrote:

I just talked to a friend on http://www.smashingpumpkins.com , about starting a band, practising and recording a demo and what to do next. I recommended something to her, which is maybe something you want to know also. Next to setting up a MySpace profile, you might want to consider this place to go to, depending your goals with your band.

http://www.sellaband.com/

\"Artist – How it works
01 Find Believers
All you need is 5,000 people who believe in you.
02 Record CD
We’ll take you to the best producers and studios in town.
03 Make money
We give away your music for free. By doing so, you make money.\"

Good luck guys, and hopefully you’ll become just as famous as… the Smashing Pumpkins. 8)

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of Superlordspamulon
On Superlordspamulon wrote:

:lol: i like those steps… realistic :lol:

agh. im trying to get a band started, but it’s not gonna happen until im older, i know it. there’s no one at school who has an interest in playing SP/mcr type-ish music. so yeah, it sucks. blergh, i’ve just gotta give it time.

So apparently I don't post very often these days
Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

I was in a band in college. Rotating members, depending on who was around and \"inspired\" at the time. We recorded one song that I wrote the music to. I’ll see if I can upload it somehow on here one day. The CD is at home currently (400 miles away).

in my time of dying
Profile photo of toad32r
Participant
On toad32r wrote:

I write songs and play guitar… i havent recorded anything yet, but would like to soon. I have 2 other guitarists i play with, one of which plays bass and drums also. Too much talent in one place with him…lol

Ribbit...Toad-----------------Toads are really underated!!
Profile photo of alekflyfire
On Alekflyfire wrote:

😆 i like those steps… realistic :lol:

agh. im trying to get a band started, but it’s not gonna happen until im older, i know it. there’s no one at school who has an interest in playing SP/mcr type-ish music. so yeah, it sucks. blergh, i’ve just gotta give it time.[/quote:jubs2s1z]

do it now, I said that in high school that i’d wait blah blah and now im about to finish grad school, next semester and im still im my room with my guitar playing songs no one hears, no wonder i like SP.

do it now, I said that in high school that i’d wait blah blah and now im about to finish grad school, next semester and im still im my room with my guitar playing songs no one hears, no wonder i like SP.[/quote:2ne491ds] yeah i do want to. it’s just that no-one i know personally is interested, and i’m not really comfortable advertising for members whilst i have no experience :?
i’m just waiting till uni’. should find some people when i’m there :)

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Show some more spirit guys. This attitude will get you nowhere. Ask lilkitn what to do. She trusted me with her very first private demo’s a while back and now she is all over the place, advertising herself and practising even harder to reach her goals. I’m proud to have had my little share in that. I’m pretty sure you can do the same. Do not \"wait till later because everything will be better\". Start now and give ’em hell. 8)

These guys from my country (12-16 years old) did also, they started a metal band called One Bullet Left exactly 1 year ago & see where they have gotten so far. Beyond the cuteness stage I think anyway. But instead on Dutch tv, and done several metalfest gigs also. And they opened for Megadeth when they toured The Netherlands, and are recording their first CD as we speak.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLoLbAmodjE[/youtube]

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."

Show some more spirit guys. This attitude will get you nowhere. Ask lilkitn what to do. She trusted me with her very first private demo’s a while back and now she is all over the place, advertising herself and practising even harder to reach her goals. I’m proud to have had my little share in that. I’m pretty sure you can do the same. Do not "wait till later because everything will be better". Start now and give ’em hell. 8)[/quote:12q8wcw3]

heh… maybe :) i’ll see. wait ’till i build my confidence a bit, or whatever. i mean, i have lyrics for over 70 songs, would be a shame to let them go to waste :D :lol:

Profile photo of Danni
Participant
On Danni wrote:

Hi hi, I’ve got my Honey Made Opiate band 8)

Profile photo of anonymous
On Anonymous wrote:

wow Arthur just gave some useful information. Good luck everyone with your music :)

Profile photo of some pumpkins
Participant
On some pumpkins wrote:

those kids are pretty damn good for 12-16! careful with those giutars though, you can poke an eye out!

what's wrong with you is good for what's wrong with me

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In