SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Collecting Items

Topic: WTF? 1990/1991 bootie tape?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 815 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Sven Sven 7 years, 8 months ago.

On Sven wrote:

Just found this on eBay. Item # is 140348189624, for who’s interested. The seller claims:

\"i found a few of these tapes in my closet got them in about 93/94?? from a store closeout sale\"

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of amnesia
On amnesia wrote:

I also think its a bootleg, shame there is no pictures of the actual cassette itself.

In loving memory of Bimbolin.
Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

i’m convinced that this isn’t anything new.
i don’t even want to invest any time in it, trying to find out what dates the shows are from.

Profile photo of Sven
Participant
On Sven wrote:

1-
i guess RAZOR can’t be mistaken… :)
i’d say it’s this show:
http://www.spfc.org/tours/date.html?tour_id=27
(mislabeled on the tape therefore…)
(all the as of then unknown album song titles kinda match up with the featured ones, too – which is quite funny as for the same songs, on the b-side, the correct titles are given!, even!, go figure!!!)

2-
as for the b-side…
the segue from Tristessa through these song was standard for the 1991 tour.
i can only dig up one show opening with Tristessa as Rocket was the most current opener.
http://www.spfc.org/tours/date.html?tour_id=110
though, that said, Rocket might just have been cut from this recording.
which would make some sense, considering this bootleg tape might have been somewhat geared up and made to at least to some extent cash in on the possible chance of the Sub Pop Tristessa single making the rounds on the radio or something…

however…
i believe we’re dealing with these two shows here.
bootleg tape for sure.
interesting to see, because it’s a bootleg cassette…
nothing more, but still, rather \"cute\"… :)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In