SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: General

Topic: X.Y.U. on MTV

This topic contains 16 replies, has 1,783 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of anonymous Anonymous 8 years, 1 month ago.

On confuciousconfusing wrote:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU1X61FvbIk[/youtube]

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of anonymous
On Anonymous wrote:

wow that was pretty bad ass of him tricks with the guitar :D what a great way to start to wake up.
What was going on at the end-it’s like he looked all disoriented?

Profile photo of amnesia
On amnesia wrote:

Kick ass song! 8)

In loving memory of Bimbolin.
Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

he smiled just like that when jeff lost it during the zeitgeist touring.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

i like it how he goes all south-american heavy metal at the end.

you have to see what happens before to understand why d’arcy angrily kicks over her mic and why billy is smiling.

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Yeah. I wonder when and where this was recorded, so we can check out the previous song, or the banter before this one. D’Arcy really looks agitated! :lol: And I can’t recall Billy ever \"grunting\" in a performance of X.Y.U. like he does here. And also, rubbing his guitar on a speaker… Truly epic performance of X.Y.U. anyway, I thought I just had to share this with you guys.

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of some pumpkins
Participant
On some pumpkins wrote:

thanks for sharing. i enjoyed it.

what's wrong with you is good for what's wrong with me
Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

Yeah. I wonder when and where this was recorded, so we can check out the previous song, or the banter before this one. D’Arcy really looks agitated! :lol: And I can’t recall Billy ever "grunting" in a performance of X.Y.U. like he does here. And also, rubbing his guitar on a speaker… Truly epic performance of X.Y.U. anyway, I thought I just had to share this with you guys.[/quote:2zhh2vie]
oh, this is a well known show and video: http://www.splra.org/wiki/index.php?title=Tsp1996-01-26

basically, before x.y.u., d’arcy addresses the crowd and says that the band regrets it that the only way they could play in brazil was with the help of a tobacco company (who sponsored the festival, or something).
then billy says "i would like to thank the tobacco company for the free footballs" and that pisses off d’arcy, obviously.

audio: http://www.rspaa.org/rspaa/Live/1996-01 … eiro%20BR/
(apparently this show is often listed as 1996-01-27…)

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

(apparently this show is often listed as 1996-01-27…)[/quote:2931dmqb]
If I’m right, the festival was on the 26, the broadcast on tv was on 27. So lots of places (SPFC, Blamo, boots like Vast Oceans) note this gig as 27. Also funny, many places mistype the venue/city as (Praca) Apoteose, Rio De Janiero. It should be Praça Da Apoteose, Rio De Janeiro. :lol:

On Anonymous wrote:

wouldn’t his guitar tricks be considered like having great sex with it, but not actually having sex with..lol
hard to explain…do you get what I mean though? :oops:
that is just one kick ass video

Profile photo of last_rose_of_summer
On last_rose_of_summer wrote:

reggae, you mean like orgasmic musical experience or something? i can see that…
it was a fuckin amazing vid! loved it!

On Anonymous wrote:

sorta kinda sorta

or… probably not sexual to him more like spiritual… kinda like he is totally lost in the moment, lost in the music, like i always get when i listen to sp’s music, but when he is playing it onstage it is in front of everyone and if he has that moment everyone sees it. but it’s nothing to be ashamed of… there are people who understand what he is feeling and we think it is awesome…….. but the majority of the public may not?
i dunno…. that’s my interpretation…

Profile photo of blueczarina
On blueczarina wrote:

i agree rose. i feel like he gets that way too.

On Anonymous wrote:

well I think it was pretty freakin amazing and you can tell he is so feeling the moment..I mean really you think it would sound all fucked up doing shit like that, but it doesn’t??? bizarre

it’s his emotion going into the music that makes it sound so good :)

On Anonymous wrote:

Thank God for Billy’s emotion :D

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In