SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Miscellaneous Forum

Topic: Xmas 2008

This topic contains 134 replies, has 10,792 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of blueczarina blueczarina 8 years, 7 months ago.

On blueczarina wrote:

Looks like we are going to try a white tree this year. :wink:

See a picture here:

http://www.kunstkerstbomen.nl/product/image/252

What are you going to do with Xmas this year?

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of blueczarina
On blueczarina wrote:

that could be a cool tree Arthur if decorated right. i saw a really cute black one the other day.

my family doesn’t do the whole big Christmas thing exactly so i don’t know what we are doing.

Profile photo of Pipoka
On Pipoka wrote:

i saw a really cute black one the other day. [/quote:d32cndxw]

me too! and i was surprised, i didn’t know that exists !

On blueczarina wrote:
i saw a really cute black one the other day. [/quote:8x8z97vj]

me too! and i was surprised, i didn’t know that exists ![/quote:8x8z97vj]

i thought the same thing! you don’t see those really. maybe its something new?

i might get it. it was little and cute.

Profile photo of Return To Comfort
On Return To Comfort wrote:

Staying home, sans family for the first time ever. Twill be a new experience.

be my mirror, my sword, my shield
Profile photo of SNC
On SNC wrote:

I’m really looking forward to Christmas this year. My daughter’s 4 so needless to say her excitement will be through the roof and I can’t wait to experience that with her :)

Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

I hate Christmas. :D

Profile photo of Tion
On Tion wrote:

i love christmas.
but only when it snows.
(that never happend before )

:?

everything is perfect in disco- town.
Profile photo of Pipoka
On Pipoka wrote:

I hate Christmas. :D[/quote:2f7z13ck]

can i ask why?

On blueczarina wrote:

I hate Christmas. :D[/quote:1kcjx0at]

Halloween and now Christmas… :wink:

i would like to know if there is any holiday you like Ice Cream. :?: :wink:

Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

I like holidays that give me a day off work, but that don’t involve anything else. Halloween and christmas are shoved down everyone’s throat, even the people who aren’t interested.

I for one don’t understand how a four year old could be excited about christmas. What exactly is she excited about? Just presents, or is there more?

Profile photo of SNC
On SNC wrote:

She’s excited about the idea of putting up the tree and the lights, the snow, her grandparents coming to town, seeing santa at the mall. All that stuff. You have to remember, for them, it’s a pretty magical time.

Profile photo of Pipoka
On Pipoka wrote:

She’s excited about the idea of putting up the tree and the lights, the snow, her grandparents coming to town, seeing santa at the mall. All that stuff. You have to remember, for them, it’s a pretty magical time.[/quote:3mb3lngf]

for me and my sister it was really a good time because us and our parents spent time togther preparing everything, and to be with our dad doing stuff was kind of rare :)

Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

Yeah, man.

It’s about getting together with the inlaws and outlaws, and arguing over stupid shit. Spending ridiculous amounts of money on stupid toys for your children (to be broken or ignored in 1-2 months), driving on icy roads in the dark, stringing lights up on precariously placed ladders in 30 degree weather, while footing the increase in your energy bill. Going into more debt, so your children smile just a little bit more, crying at New Years when you realize how old you are, and then going back to work! It’s awesome! Get in the spirit!!!!

All jokes aside, imagine the snow falling on some pine trees decorated with pretty white lights, holding your two year old daughters hand. You look down as the snow falls around her angelic face, full of wonderment. And all the above seems like a fleeting memory.

in my time of dying
On blueczarina wrote:

I like holidays that give me a day off work, but that don’t involve anything else. Halloween and christmas are shoved down everyone’s throat, even the people who aren’t interested.

I for one don’t understand how a four year old could be excited about christmas. What exactly is she excited about? Just presents, or is there more?[/quote:v6o0dnhi]

i see your point. i like a holiday that takes me from work too and i’m actually not that big on holidays myself- i’m just harassing you some. :wink: i like Halloween because i’m a bit morbid :twisted: and i like the stuff i can get in the stores- ghosts, pumpkins, vampires, and other stuff. i actually don’t care that much about Christmas and Thanksgiving though. and growing up i really didn’t care so much about the decorating and the family time as much as the getting stuff if i’m being honest. and really if you think about holidays anymore are just about stores emptying your pockets. they show you a picture of good will and cheer and happy family time- you get sucked in and try to replicate it by buying crap- the retail executives skip off to the bank.

my family doesn’t exactly do the whole holiday thing though. sure we got presents, but we never made a big production out of it with the decorating and the family crap. we don’t do "family time" anyway though, so my little brother and me pretty much grew up not giving a fuck about all of that. in fact we are pretty opposed to family activities. we just like to go off and do our own thing- always did.

and i suppose that’s why i’m not big on holidays. my family is a little weird and fucked up. :wink: plus i can be pretty ornery and cynical about things.

Profile photo of anonymous
On Anonymous wrote:

well now that I am old..lol..I can;t stand the spending part of the holidays, bit overall it can bring out the best in people and the worst in people -kinda like politics
as far as decorations my boys don’t really care about that stuff, bit I put up a few lights because we get snow and it’s all pretty and shit. Now my grandmother is psycho when she does her home
white tree has to be perfect and mega light display. Always one of the xmas tour homes near Seattle. I love it, but would never do it myself or pay the horrendous bill that follows…

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

what about a black tree, tim burton style?

hmmm, maybe when i move out and my children come over to celebrate.

\"what the fuck, dad?\"

\"it’s christmas. just black. enjoy, i love you!\"

in my time of dying
On blueczarina wrote:

haha :lol: are you trying to scare them manilla :wink:

i guess if you wanted to though you could put up one of these

On blueczarina wrote:

and speaking of scary- who is the guy in your new pic? :wink: is it another movie?

Profile photo of Shannen
On Shannen wrote:

I had a white christmas when I lived in UK but I don’t think we going to have a white christmas in Netherlands.

And I’m waiting for my secret Santa to put my gift under the white christmas tree :wink:

I am-Shannen-I exist!
On blueczarina wrote:

i’m not sure what the weather is going to be here. usually Montana would have snow by now, but its back to being warm again. its weird. we had a big burst of snow. then it was gone and now its back to summer/fall weather.

i kind of wish it was cold. i like the winter better than summer.

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

and speaking of scary- who is the guy in your new pic? :wink: is it another movie?[/quote:3sn12ea1]

Yup, from a movie. That is Travis Bickle. ;)

in my time of dying
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

[/quote:1mi0853w]

That’s PERFECT! Gotta find me one…

in my time of dying
Profile photo of anonymous
On Anonymous wrote:
[/quote:36fcy87q]

That’s PERFECT! Gotta find me one…[/quote:36fcy87q]
haha
that’s a Charlie Black style
I couldn’t say Charlie Brown-his still had happiness too it.. :lol:

Profile photo of last_rose_of_summer
On last_rose_of_summer wrote:

i don’t know if i will try to put up a tree this year… our kitties will probably knock it down! lol the 2 older cats have gotten to where they are settled down a bit, and now we have the 2 youngsters and i am sure they would be all over a Christmas tree! :lol:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In